Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The "New" Girlfriend
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted about my ex before but I find this so funny that I had to talk about it. This past weekend his older sister's son turned 2 years old. She invited me to come but asked me if I would be okay if I saw them together. I told her that I am coming for her and that I'm over him. So I take my friend with me and we're there. Than he arrives with his girlfriend. He comes up to me and says Hi, I say Hi back. I leave him alone. Later he comes up to me again and introduces me to her. I leave them alone. Later I'm eating in the living room with my friend. He comes over and says if we need anymore drink. I said No thank you, we can get it later. Later I'm sitting at the dining table with my friend chit chatting and see him standing next to me. I just made small talk and said his nephew looks like him. Later again, he comes sit at my table and says nothing. So I asked how's work for him. Than he gets up to go across the table to get something than all of a sudden his girlfriend runs up and says loudly "HI BOYFRIEND", "HOW ARE YOU DOING BOYFRIEND". I just rolled my eyes upward and thinking, this girl is insecure. It's not my fault that he's been coming up to me. I've kept my distance. She sits down at the next table but he chose to sit over at my table, than she runs over and sits too. I'm getting annoyed at her antics so I turn to my friend to talk but than I started giggling and laughing. I know it was rude to do that but I just found it so funny. So we're both laughing and they leave because there's nothing to talk about. If she didn't pull that stunt than I would of talk to her and gotten to know her. But her actions just rubbed me the wrong way. If I wanted him back, I would of made it happen and I would of gone back. But we've been broken up for 2 years now.
So yesterday he emailed me and ask how snowboarding was for me. I said fine and nothing else. He emails back and says Oh, I wanted to let you know that my girlfriend was complimenting you and said that you don't look your age (31) and that I "AGED" well. I'm thinking WTH! That's not a compliment, that's a low blow compliment and rude. I didn't say anything about this girl to him. But she's 27 years old and she looks like she's 37. Even my friend and his little sister said she looked much older than her age. She's shorter than me, stands to my ears and she's extra extra chunky. I was chubby before but I loss my weight and I'm thin now. But I was not trying to compete with her or put her down. So she's trying to put me down or something. I was irritated and told him that she's not nice. She tries to appear to be but I got a different vibe. But my friend says that she found me a threat and needed to make herself feel better by saying I'm old. My friend looked at her and said to me, no competition at all, trust me. But gawd, there's only 4 years difference. Why do some girls have to be like this. Rolling Eyes
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, she is a bit insecure but I get the feeling that he created that insecurity for her. He does not want to be with her all the time, so it shows that he is not that great. I would not have laugh/giggle to have hurt her feelings. Like I said, he is probably the cause of the problem.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Women can be just bitchy and insecure. If I was dating a guy and he kept going out to his ex, I would be pissed off too. It's very common for women to get madder at the other woman than the guy. I understand both points of view. I once dated a guy who still had his ex fiance's pic around the house and they've broken up for 2 years. I gave him a few chances to take it down by himself. He didn't so I finally gave him hints to take it down. He took it down but after all that, I was pissed off that he didn't take it down sooner. Even though I've never met the girl, I hated her even though I knew it wasn't rational. There's only so many times you can be mad at a guy then you get sick of being mad and lose your feelings for him but that's another topic.

Hurray for you though! If there's a winner in this situation, it's you. You should reciprocate and forward your own compliment to your ex's girlfriend. Compliment her petite voluptous figure, her womanly looks...

I hate cattiness; if I am on the receiving end of it, I dish it right back. If the other lady is ok, I keep the bitchiness to myself even if I don't like her.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:

Hurray for you though! If there's a winner in this situation, it's you. You should reciprocate and forward your own compliment to your ex's girlfriend. Compliment her petite voluptous figure, her womanly looks...

I hate cattiness; if I am on the receiving end of it, I dish it right back. If the other lady is ok, I keep the bitchiness to myself even if I don't like her.

I laughed out loud when I read the part on complimenting her back. Thank you for the laugh. I could of done that but figured no. I'll be nice and keep it to myself. If she's going to be like that than so be it.
I know she's not going to like me but will pretend to be but I'm not in the mood to pretend, so I just ignored her. I might of come off as a biyatch for not talking to her but I don't care what he or she thinks of me.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Yes, she is a bit insecure but I get the feeling that he created that insecurity for her. He does not want to be with her all the time, so it shows that he is not that great. I would not have laugh/giggle to have hurt her feelings. Like I said, he is probably the cause of the problem.

From what I heard from him, her last boyfriend cheated on her. He had told me that it's not a happy relationship and that he's not sure of her. I just told him, make the best of it and just be happy with her. I thought about it and knew I shouldn't laugh but the giggles came out and I couldn't control it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
Skincare wrote:

From what I heard from him, her last boyfriend cheated on her. He had told me that it's not a happy relationship and that he's not sure of her. I just told him, make the best of it and just be happy with her. I thought about it and knew I shouldn't laugh but the giggles came out and I couldn't control it.

Now I understand her behavour. I am sure all of us would have acted the same. If your X does not stay with her, he is no better then her. I say this because he was not understanding of her situation and he is still trying to keep in touch with you. Personally, I would not have showed up at this Birthday Party for this child. You are no longer part of the family. But that is just me, maybe to avoid any hurt feelings. But if you dumped him, then you might have been there to see what was going on in his life without even realizing it.
Who knows Question

But then again, when my X got married, I was invited and I did go. I was very happy for him and his wife. She is really nice, but what I did not expect, was for myself to feel sorry for myself because I was and still am ready to the next stage in life (to settle down)
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Skincare"]Yes, she is a bit insecure but I get the feeling that he created that insecurity for her. He does not want to be with her all the time, so it shows that he is not that great. I would not have laugh/giggle to have hurt her feelings. Like I said, he is probably the cause of the problem.[/quote]

I'm totally agree with our miss Skincare. Luckily you are over him. He's a jerk. I will feel offended if my boyfriend ignore me and paid his attention to his ex. Poor her. No wonder she looks older than her age. I think its because of her boyfriend attitudes. You will look old if you lead an unhappy life. So lets pray for her...hope she will get over the 'jerk' and be happy again. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Amen to that! Pray
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think you handled yourself very well. He sounds like a real ass. You are so lucky to have left him in the dust.I feel sorry for the new one,she probly was so jealous.
And now he wants to keep contacting you ?
On with your new life without him. Very Happy
Linda
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
You know, sometimes guys, being guys, suddenly find an ex intriguing in a new way, or that an ex now compares more favorably than the current squeeze. If you really are over this guy, just laugh it off! And if you're not, it seems to me like he's still kinda interested, so the next step would be up to you, if you feel the same way. But if you're not interested at all in him I'd be very clear about it, just tell him 'it's over.' And be sure you mean it.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict - actually, he dumped me because he wanted to see what's out there. but i'm over him and that's why seeing her didn't bother me.

Chocolat - I guess he finally realized I was good for him but it's too late. Going back, there's no first kiss or chemistry. But I think he'll stay with this girl because she makes him feel wanted and she's needy and insecure. so good for them.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow ... aren't you happy the relationship ended? You are so much better than your ex.

I now feel sorry for her. Comparing the two of you by outward appearances - no WONDER she was paranoid. Sheesh, I would to if the old girlfriend was taller and more slender than me!

And your ex has no manners. It's almost like he was intentionally trying to stir things up.

Hopefully she'll dump him or her paranoia will drive him away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
So, ummmm, question....why are you still talking to this guy and putting yourself in the middle of all this drama. Question If you are "over" him, quit taking his calls and stop putting yourself in the middle of all this Confused

<Dear Abby has left the building>

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
So, ummmm, question....why are you still talking to this guy and putting yourself in the middle of all this drama. Question If you are "over" him, quit taking his calls and stop putting yourself in the middle of all this Confused

I haven't seen him over a year. But I know what you mean.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
it sounds to me like he's trying to a) make you jealous cuz he may still think you're pretty darn sexy... and she is jealous of HIM doing so, of HIM coming up to YOU and initiating conversations... of HIM seeking you out.... people find something to say about anything, especially jealous, low girls

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think I understand how you feel. I think I'd feel flattered that my ex thought I was better than his current gf and wanted to come back to me. It's a satisfaction, however small, but I know you would never go back to him in a million years. You just wanted to feel that small victory.

qisme615 wrote:
mper1327 wrote:

I haven't seen him over a year. But I know what you mean.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Sigh! There are so many jerks in the world! Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |