Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

super Skinceuticals fans - come in !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi ~

Let's share what Skinceuticals product you are using?

I'm using Simply Clean, B5 gel, C+E, SPF 20
Mabsy

Thu May 27, 2004 5:26 am      Reply with quote
At the moment I'm using the Ultimate UV Defense SPF30 sunblock. If we still had that "thumbs up" emoticon I'd use it right about now Smile

Mabsy
Collette
5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2004 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Ming,
I'm a bit of a skincueticals addict, I use
Vit C 10%, Phyto+, B5 gel, and like Mabsy Ultimate UV Defence 30 sunblock. I use Renew Overnight alternating on nights.
Collette Cool
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2004 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I am using Ultimate UV Defence SPF 30 and B5 gel Surprised Liking both!
loretta

Fri May 28, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like Skinceuticals' products too. I'm now using Serum 10 + B5 gel + SPF 20 in the morning and Simply Clean + Renew Overnight at night. I found my skin tone has been evening out and my face look more radiant. I'm also tempted to try out their eye products, do you gals ever used them?

I'm interested to know if I need to apply any moisturing eye gel/cream after applying the eye gel (which is in prevent line).
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2004 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
hey, ming:

Do you get your skinceutical products in HK? I dont think Skinceuticals have a dept store in HK, but anyway .. I am wondering if prices are cheaper in HK, if so, I will be stocking up coz I will be coming to HK soon .. Surprised Thanks! In addition, could you give me some tips where to shop for skincare/cosmetics products with good deals? Wink
krz
5% products discount

Sat May 29, 2004 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

what exactly are Skinceuticals? I searched online and found that they help protect the skin and sometimes help in rejuvination.

Others are more into anti-aging.

Anyways any feedback on this will be appreciated Very Happy Doesn't have to be here, even an online source would be appropriate.
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2004 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes I just started using the B5 gel. I was toldthat the moisturizer that I was using was too rich for my skin and causing pimples below the surface of myskin. It has been a few days and my skin is vitually clear. Now I just need to gt rid of the blotches that the old spots that actually surfaced left behind.

Has anyone tried microderabraision? I think I might try that. Idea Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that EDS increased prices already, where do u buy SkinC products cheaper?

Mabsy
do u know the difference between the 2 SPF 30 (physical and ultimate) ?

loretta
eye gel-- do u mean vit c eye gel or renewal eye gel ?

bbiz
I bought SkinC from this shop, Hong Kong is expensive.
tips where to shop for skincare/cosmetics products with good deals
do u have any local friends? many credit cards or member card will have extra discounts, some card even have disc from Sa Sa and Bonjour
Most Jap brands are cheaper in HK, e.g. Kose, SK-2... etc I recommend Kose Cosme Decorte, most of their skincare are very good.
For make up cosmetics, Kanebo, Ipsa, RMK color are very nice ~
icq me to chat ~
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
krz,

I think Skinceuticals is a relatively "newer" company than Cellex-C. Both company are expert in Vitamins C products. Dr. Pinnell originally from Cellex-C company and then due to difference in operating concepts..etc started another company called "Skinceuticals"
must-have items are Vit C , B5 gel and sunblock
singsing
5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ming
Seem u r an expert on this brand! I am a new user of Skinceuticals & Cellex, all order from EDS.
I love the B5 Gel but may change from Skinceuticals to Cellex because of $
Do u know if Cellex-C Advanced Skin Hydration Complex is a stronger version in term of moisture than B5 Gel, as Advanced Skin Hydration Complex claim to have pure hyaluronic acid.
I had spent the first mth using Cellex Serum for Sensitive skin but no big improvement, now I am using Skinceuticals C+E which is sample from EDS and seem not different too, do u know why? I already add in the Cellex Betaplex Smooth Skin Complex in my night regime already.
Thks
Anna
Mabsy

Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:32 am      Reply with quote
ming wrote:

Mabsy
do u know the difference between the 2 SPF 30 (physical and ultimate) ?

From what I understand, the Physical contains only a physical sunblock, but no chemical sunscreen (so zinc oxide without titanium dioxide). The Ultimate contains both physical and chemical. The Ultimate probably lives up to its name unless you suffer from reactions to titanium dioxide.

Mabsy
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:20 am      Reply with quote
i finally found cheaper skinceuticals

classicbeautyconcepts
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ming,
I visited SaSa and Bonjour, a lot of Japanese products sold there are really very cheap, like Shisheido and Kose, but I worry if they are "real"? And I also found that even for the same products, prices at Bonjour tend to be lower than Sasa? Is this telling sth? I am not sure, hope you can give me some more insights Wink You are right, they both dont carry Skinceuticals, when I asked them about this brand, they said they had never heard of this!! But thanks a lot for your reply! Laughing
Mabsy

Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I know a few people who have ordered from SaSa before and were happy with what they got (I haven't personally ordered from them before). You have to be careful and read the description though because some of their items are GWP sized. And yes, SaSa mostly carry dept store brands and not the salon or more niche brands.

Mabsy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy!!! But what do you mean by GWP sized? Embarassed Question You know, the major problem is that I cant read Japanese, therefore, I cant read the descriptions at all, nor the salespersons over there Neutral I am looking into most of the Japanese brands

For all the other non-Asian brands, I would rather stick with EDS, or local dept stores, coz I found that prices are actually comparable, some may be of lower prices though... but with the extra stuffs/samples/gifts with the orders from EDS, why not???Right Wink
Mabsy

Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, GWP = "gift with purchase". So some of them are only 20mL or 50mL instead of full sized. Not all of them though, but they do seem to sell the smaller sizes as well.

I'm the same with brands that EDS sells. If a brand I want if stocked by EDS, I will buy it here. Even if sometimes there is a sale somewhere else, I still buy it here because I know that my order will always be hassle free and I will get samples of new things to try. Gotta love the customer service at EDS

Mabsy
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:38 am      Reply with quote
bbiz

Those are big shops like Sephora and are listed companies in HKSE, so, i think they won't sell fake.
loretta

Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi~~

I mean the Vit C eye gel in "prevent line". Do I need to apply any eye product to moisture after applying the C eye gel?

I've serious eye bag problem so I want to have a more effective eye product to cure my baggy eyes. Any others to suggest?
Mabsy

Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Loretta,

I think that vitamin C is the way to go. However I find that I do need to use extra moisturisation over any C serum I use. I have not started using my Cellex-C Eye Gel yet but I'm expecting that I will have to step up the moisturisation as well. From what I understand, vitamin C serums tend to be drying for most people.

So depending on what the area around your eyes is like, there are many good creams out there. My fave (but $$$) is Cellcosmet, however if you have dry skin and are using vit C then I don't think this would be moisturising enough. I'm really impressed with the Babor Essential Eyes Cream and Shiseido Benefiance is richer still than the Babor (though may be too rich for some).

Mabsy
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

Thanks for sharing the info. I am a Skinceutical user and believer. I have used Skinceutical eye balm and Cellcosmet samples and found that SkinC's eye balm was actually better than Cellcosmet. Does any of you get a chance to compare the two eye creams and what do you all think?

Rose
Mabsy

Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Rose,

I haven't tried that one, but now I really want to Laughing How do you think the two compare on the richness front? I like the light but moisturising texture of the Cellcosmet, is the Skinceuticals richer or same?

Mabsy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
esq wrote:
Rolling Eyes I just started using the B5 gel. I was toldthat the moisturizer that I was using was too rich for my skin and causing pimples below the surface of myskin. It has been a few days and my skin is vitually clear. Now I just need to gt rid of the blotches that the old spots that actually surfaced left behind.

Has anyone tried microderabraision? I think I might try that. Idea Question

I used microdermabrasion sponge last week. I was a bit rough in places and caused bleeding. Used more carefully last night. my skin does look and feel better. I would recommend. but use gently.
lori
loretta

Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy.

I've indeed tried lots of eye care products (e.g. declore eye gel, Guerlain eye balm & lotion, La Colline eye gel,Valmont eye cream, Dermologica vitamin eye cream.....) but still couldn't try out one really cure my baggy eyes Sad

Cellcosmet's eye cream is tempting as many good reviews were posted here. Anyone could give comments on Skinceuticals' eye products?
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm not superfans of skinc. I only love their cleansing cleam. I can't find one can replace it.

I'm using B5 too. However, it increase price. So, I'll switch to use Cellex-C. I think they are the same function.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |