Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Valentine Day suggestions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
What are you going to do for your SO for Valentines Day??? ...(okay, really I have no imagination and am looking to steal someone elses great idea)
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
a burberry wallet, cashmere coat, or Home theatre.
those are on my list for my hubby, his birthday is a month after V-day, i have to prepare two gifts! Embarassed
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I consider Valentines a girls holiday, my hubby doesn't get anything. Is that mean?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote:
I consider Valentines a girls holiday, my hubby doesn't get anything. Is that mean?

Nooooo..I don't think it is mean...It is just the way you and your partner celebrate it..I think it is very feminine and girly-girl...I think it is very sweet unless your hubby feels underappreciated...If you guys feel good and it sparks the flame then good for you!
Pudoodles
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote:

Laughing Laughing Girl I love the way you think!

Grace, my b/f's b-day is on the 12th! Hate that I have to get him two gifts at the same time.

I got him the Professional Germicidal Ionic Breeze, a beer maker and flying lessons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I, too, think Valentine's Day is for gurls. Hubby's birthday is on the 9th so he gets a nice card and 1 small chocolate heart for V-Day. I usually get flowers, nice dinner out, chocolate and jewelry.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
We tried to pick a different day as our own Valentine's Day. I feel the day has been too commercialized, everyday can be Valentine's day. We give each other gifts, dine out, or chocolates whenever we feel like it.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
For Valentine's Day last year I glued 100 pieces of paper to 100 Hershey's kisses, and put them in a nice screw-top jar. On each piece of paper i wrote a reason why i loved him, and he gets to read one and eat each Hershey each day. It's kinda cheesy (and cheap) but he said it's the best present he ever got from me. Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
For Valentine's Day last year I glued 100 pieces of paper to 100 Hershey's kisses, and put them in a nice screw-top jar. On each piece of paper i wrote a reason why i loved him, and he gets to read one and eat each Hershey each day. It's kinda cheesy (and cheap) but he said it's the best present he ever got from me. Laughing

You can think of 100 reason? I can't Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah it was harder than i thought it would be but the key is to be creative Wink
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
A backrub? I agree, Valentine's day is a girly thing. It's fun to be a girly girl but instead of fatty chocolate and flowers that will die, I want to be totally spoiled.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
V-Day is totally a girly holiday. Which means if anything my husband will forget all about it. I can't get flowers because of his allergies, and I'm really picky about chocolate. If we go out to a nice dinner someplace it'd probably be that; of course he always appreciate the fluffy bit of naughty lingerie later on. Neither of us really expects presents.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote:

I'm sort of with you on that. Except that DH's b-day is on Valentine's Day and he has red hair! So I sort of can't resist doing crazy things for him. I do something practical (like new biking gear that he's been lemming) and something goofy (like a bouquet of chocolate chip cookies that arrive like roses -- delivered to his office).
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
dollbird wrote:

You can think of 100 reason? I can't Laughing

I can think of 100 things that i want him to improve! Bad Grin
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
doesnt have to have a present. Can it be a head and body massage after a candle-light dinner? Sometimes i dont even know what i want.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
wow! 100 is so ambitious. i could swing half that and then lose interest and just go buy him a gift card to home depot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Last year I got him a sterling silver bracelet; not sure what I'm getting him this year. I usually get a dozen roses. WHich, you know, I'm not saying that's bad. I just wish a little something came along with the roses... Laughing I think I'm just getting him something small this year because I got him a ton of stuff for xmas.

His mom's birthday is on Valentine's, so I have to get her something too! AH! Gift giving stress!!!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking of getting some M&Ms that you can have personalized....you pick the colors, then the saying you want on the candy. Too corny maybe???
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't normally go in for the whole Valentines thing, I think it has become quite comersial but last year I have to admit I had a good Valentines day.
We both ended up sat in McDonalds (somewhere we never normally eat) down the road from where I live, there was only us there and we spent the whole evening just chatting, laughing whilst eating burger & fries.
I think it goes to show, it does not really matter what you do or buy, it's the company you are with Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
cash
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
cash
Oh, absolutely. My motto, "When you care enough to send the very best, send cash." Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Last year, my SO had to work on V-day, so he surprised me by preparing all the fixings for dinner for me before he went to work and all I had to do was put it in the oven. He also left me a heart of cinnamon hearts on the table.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
My SO just told me this morning he doesn't "do" V-day. But...I'm sure he would love to go to McDonald's Laughing .

Sorry, I don't have any creative ideas. Although one of my guys friends once told me he wouldn't mind getting flowers...not at work, just at home.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
DH has a weakness for brown bears (because he says our little brown bunny Forest looks just like a Teddy Bear who woke up and came to life one day^-^), so I got him this little guy for V-day:
http://www.giftsforyounow.com/Couples-Ty-Inc-Slumbers-Teddy-Bear-816142.aspx

I know, I know, you all just threw up after clicking on that link! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, that couples bear is soooooo cute. I want one!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |