Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
looking for pre-moistened makeup remover cloths
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I did a search but couldn't come up with a good recommendation. I need something I can occasionally use when I go to the gym and if I'm too tired to wash my face at night. I have Ponds Clean Sweep right now and don't like it as it leaves a film on my face. Baby wipes make me break out as do the MAC wipes. I've also used Biore but am not too fond of them as they stung my eyes. Does anybody have a good recommendation? TIA
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Costco has the one you are looking for. I think it's their own Kirkland brand. I tried their sample package, very easy to use. It's very light, didn't leave any film on the face.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I've used neutrogena and olays...I feel like they all leave a film on my face. Lately I've been just putting cetephil on my face then taking it off with a dry washcloth.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Snowie-bunny. Anyone else?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
All the ones I've tried so far have been comparable and all seem to leave a residue. The worst I have ever used is Amore Pacific's. A greasy mess and expensive to boot!

If you find a good one let us know!

-Cheri
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Roc are great as they will not make you break out and they do not dry skin like others can even olay for sensitive skin are rather drying and cannot be used near the eyes Roc can
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Great, the Roc ones sound good. Where do you get them from? I've never seen them at Walgreens. I agree that the Olay ones suck.

I wish there was something organic, like Dr. Hauschka.

Will stay away from Amore Pacific!!! Thanks Cheri.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
The Bioderma Crealine H20 wipes might work well. I haven't used these but I have used the Bioderma Crealine H20 no rinse cleanser and the wipes are supposed to be the same as the cleanser but in a wipe form.

The Bioderma is a good cleanser and will remove makeup very well. I have actually gotten it in my eyes and it doesn't sting at all. It also didn't cause any breakouts for me. The only drawback is that if you don't rinse with water afterwards it does leave a slight film which I believe is the propylene glycol. It is a similar feeling to what I experience if I use a toner.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I've used neutrogena and olays...I feel like they all leave a film on my face. Lately I've been just putting cetephil on my face then taking it off with a dry washcloth.

Didn't mean to ignore you there Olivia; I missed your post. Doesn't the Cetaphil leave a film too? Is it ok?

And thank you TheresaL for the Bioderma rec. Where do you get it from?

Looks like there is no overwhelming favorite yet...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Agent 00-cat--- if you are looking for something organic, you might consider Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser. I know it's not exactly a cloth, but I could never find a cloth that removed my makeup adequately that didn't leave a residue, so I gave up. With the Rinseless Cleanser, you spray it on your face, spread it around with your fingers, and then wipe it off with a cotton ball, cloth, etc---whatever you have on hand. NO residue, NO clogged pores, and your skin is totally ready for makeup again if you want to put some back on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
The Bioderma Crealine H20 wipes might work well. I haven't used these but I have used the Bioderma Crealine H20 no rinse cleanser and the wipes are supposed to be the same as the cleanser but in a wipe form.

The Bioderma is a good cleanser and will remove makeup very well. I have actually gotten it in my eyes and it doesn't sting at all. It also didn't cause any breakouts for me. The only drawback is that if you don't rinse with water afterwards it does leave a slight film which I believe is the propylene glycol. It is a similar feeling to what I experience if I use a toner.

I would recommend the same thing. That is the only one I heard you don't have to wash off after use. Another simliar thing is the Avene makeup remover Micellar. It is very gentle and feel just like tears if you accidently got it into your eyes.

If you are using other kind of makeup remover, I still think rinse it off would be better.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys.

Manslayerliz, as I was typing the word "organic", I thought "now, if anybody would know about this, it would be manslayerliz!" and there you are, spot on !!! Laughing

Tangerine, have you used the Bioderma Crealine H20 wipes or Micellar? IS the latter a wipe? I like Avene...
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the US and get the Bioderma from Beautyhabit.

http://www.beautyhabit.com/bioderma.html
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Awake facial wipes. It's gentle and I can use it for my sensitive eye area with no problem. It's a little expensive though at $5 for a pack of 10. At least it comes in a nice silver pack that fits in my purse.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I like Avene...

Hi Agent, do you mean you've also used/tried the Avene Micellar Lotion?

I'm currently using it, and it is a curious product. It makes my skin tingle, and I'm not sure why.

Ingredients: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua). Cocamidopropyl Betainamide MEA Chloride. Poloxamer 188. Bisabolol. Fragrance (Parfum). PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone. Sodium Chloride. Sodium Hyaluronate. Trisodium EDTA.

I don't know if this tingling is good or bad, so this is keeping me from writing a review or recommending it. But as you say you like Avene, I would recommend it. The tingling hasn't correlated with redness or any other signs of harm. And everything else about the cleanser is suiting me fine, such as it's non-drying. My skin looks fine. It's just this tingling that's bugging me. I suspect it may be the Cocamidopropyl Betainamide MEA Chloride (Montaline C40), which is supposed to be able to kill a whole mess of bacteria, but what makes that cause tingling. Anyway, if you suffer from acne-prone skin, I think it's an especially good choice, what with the Poloxamer 188 that's used to wash wounds, too.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I used to think there was a film but I stopped using moisturizer at night so i kinda like that a little product is left behind. It helps my face to not feel so dry. It has not broken me out and it actually makes my skin feel very smooth.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Tangerine wrote:
Another simliar thing is the Avene makeup remover Micellar. It is very gentle and feel just like tears if you accidently got it into your eyes.

Sorry, Agent. I didn't see you were responding to Tangerine's post. I guess you probably haven't used the Micellar yet.

Tangerine, do you also feel your skin tingling when you use the Avene? Thank you.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I wish there was something organic, like Dr. Hauschka.

Great thought! I can only imagine how delicious they would smell!

-Cheri
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Thanks guys.

Manslayerliz, as I was typing the word "organic", I thought "now, if anybody would know about this, it would be manslayerliz!" and there you are, spot on !!! Laughing

Tangerine, have you used the Bioderma Crealine H20 wipes or Micellar? IS the latter a wipe? I like Avene...

I haven't used bioderma myself but I heard a lot of raves about it. Since I live in US and it is not easily found here, I got Avene instead, thinking they are quite similar.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lise Watier makes those cloths too, and I find it really convenient that they put them in individual packs so it's really portable.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember the brand, but I know that drugstore.com sells 1-2 different ones. IIRC, I read good reviews of both brands on Delphi boards.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |