Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best fake tan on the market?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I often visit my parents in Spain and i admit it up until now i was a sun worshiper! it makes you feel so good getting a tan because you feel like your glowingwith raidiance. Well after all the reveiws about skin cancer and premature ageing, i think its time to buy some fake tan Exclamation

My friends always say i dont look right withourt a tan, and i think they are right Sad

Has anyone used fake tan before? Is it easy and can you recommend any brands?

Becz21

By the way is it true that it can stain your clothes Crying or Very sad
mlmaier
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2004 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I think you do have to be careful to make sure whatever you apply is completely dry before you put clothing on.

Last year I used the Coppertone brands, which were okay. I read in Real Simple that Clarins is great for the face, and Lancome for the body, so I"m going to try those this year.
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I was just reading my Glamour mag and they rate Lancome too! Very Happy
sammy
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2004 11:37 am      Reply with quote
i use fake tan all the time, the best two i found was either fake bake or st tropez the only problem i found with fake bake is that it can be very dark if your not carefull and fades very patchy so to confuse you more i do personally prefer st tropez its very good for first timers who tend to slap it on randomly lol as i no i was once that person but learnt the hard way with cheap ORANGE fake tans lol Confused
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite , by far, is Sun Labs fake tan - it does come out quite dark, but once you have left it over night and showered it off the next day, you are left with a lovely colour.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I hope it's not off the topic completely, because I do not have the answer for what it the best fake suntan, but I have just added to my routine in the morning Vitamin C Serum followed by RX C firming serum and then by Two Timing Tightener, and by mid day I get a fake tan on my face (which I did not expect actually, but it's a nice bonus on top of firming effect), and it's pretty obvious as I normally have a light skin. It is very similar to color that I got before from drug store fake tans, but yes this combination would leave the mark on the tissue when wiped.

Anyway, I would be curious to know if anyone had something similar with these products (I haven't figured out yet if any of them would have it, if applied individually). I am guessing it might be copper peptides either by itself or when they are combined in application with vitamin C.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Do an EDS Forum search and you will find other message threads with people's opinion on this subject.

My favorite self-tanner is St. Tropez Self-Tanning Mousse. In drugstore brands, the best I've tried is Aveeno Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion - although I'm fair, I use the dark with no problem as the product is meant to build.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:40 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Ok, I hope it's not off the topic completely, because I do not have the answer for what it the best fake suntan, but I have just added to my routine in the morning Vitamin C Serum followed by RX C firming serum and then by Two Timing Tightener, and by mid day I get a fake tan on my face (which I did not expect actually, but it's a nice bonus on top of firming effect), and it's pretty obvious as I normally have a light skin. It is very similar to color that I got before from drug store fake tans, but yes this combination would leave the mark on the tissue when wiped.

Anyway, I would be curious to know if anyone had something similar with these products (I haven't figured out yet if any of them would have it, if applied individually). I am guessing it might be copper peptides either by itself or when they are combined in application with vitamin C.

How old is the Vit. C serum you are using? Is the color from combining products or do you get it with the C alone? If from the C alone, your product might have oxidized.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
well, I hope it's all fresh, I just got all 3 about a week ago from here, EDS store. I will try the Vit C alone today. I tried the other two without vit C for the night and no tanning effect (but maybe it doesn't set over the night because of all the rubbing of the face with a pillow).
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry this is veering quite off-topic:

Ella Stella,

I thought you weren't supposed to combine Vit. C with copper peptides any way (counteract one another) - meaning don't apply at the same time. Thus, most people use the Vit. C in the morning and the copper peptides at night. Check with Skin Biology re: copper peptides usage - at least, I think that used to be Dr. Pickart's advice: www.skinbiology.com

On the Vit. C you are using, which one is it and what are the ingredients?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with lunarmm, that St. Tropez is the best out there. I learned about it from this forum and I am glad I tried it! It is the most natural color of all I have tried and doesn't turn you a strange orangey color. It is a mousse (at least the one I used) and you can see the color as it is being applied - it absorbs really quickly, so isn't as messy as it sounds!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love Tanning Bed in a Tube for quick color. I'll put it on my arms, chest and neck when I go out in the winter. The instant glow is great. It claims to be a gradual tanner too, but I haven't found it be so effective in that department.

If you want to shell out about $25 for a salon one, I recommend VersaSpa. It has a bronzer that can rub off on your clothes, but the actual tan that lasts a week develops during the 6 hours after you are sprayed. The bronzer is just for an instant effect really. The actual tan, which is caused by the DHA in the product, will NOT rub off on clothes. So once you wash off the excess bronzer the next day, you are fine.

I know what you're thinking...what on earth is DHA??

The ingredient in fake tanner that "tans" you is Dihydroxyacetone, or DHA. DHA does not stain or dye your skin, but rather reacts with the amino acids to actually change the color of it. Hence how it can't rub off on your clothes, because it IS your skin.
rubygirl
5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
I agree with lunarmm, that St. Tropez is the best out there. I learned about it from this forum and I am glad I tried it! It is the most natural color of all I have tried and doesn't turn you a strange orangey color. It is a mousse (at least the one I used) and you can see the color as it is being applied - it absorbs really quickly, so isn't as messy as it sounds!

This product looks and sounds great. I'm on the site now and there are a bajillion products. Can you direct me to one that you recommend?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
It is the St. Tropez whipped bronze mousse. I just checked, and it's near the bottom of the list of St. Tropez products.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I love Famous Dave's Moisture Tan. I have been using it for over 5 years and am sold on it. I like to look tan, but refuse to go to a tanning salon or out in the sun (unless I have SPF 50 on). With this tanner, I can put my clothes on within 5 minutes. Also, it doesn't have the "fake tan" smell that many self tanners have. The color builds up gradually, so you can't over do it and look orange. They have their own website and you can also purchase this on ebay.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |