Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WAY off topic....we're getting a puppy tonight!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mlmaier
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
His name is Josh (wouldn't be my first choice, but it totally fits him), he's about 5.5-6 months old, currently in a foster home, and a mix of lab, german sheperd, and possibly border collie. He's a total cutie, and just has the best personality.

I'm totally a dog person, so I'm so excited I feel like I'm gonna burst!! Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Yaaaayyyyy

What do you mean he's in foster care? He's a rescue pup then? Can't wait to hear all the cute things he going to do. Laughing
Mabsy

Thu May 27, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
OMG!!! I'm *so* jealous! I love animals, dogs especially. You're going to have so much fun with it! I love Labradors and Border Collies - very cute and also very smart breeds. Quite like German Sheperds too (especially the long haired ones!). Oh, who am I kidding... I like them all! Well, maybe apart from those hairless Chinese dogs Eh?
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I have a 2 year old black "peek a poo". her mom was a miniature poodle and father was a peakanese. she's my little cuddle bug. i love dogs so much too!
mlmaier
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2004 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, Josh is a rescued animal. He and his 4 other litter mates were at another shelter that was overcrowded, so the shelter we're getting him from took all 5 in and found foster homes for them. 3 of the litter have been adopted, so now with Josh coming to us there's just his sister, Oreo, left. She's super cute too, but has a LOT of energy!!

I just wish I could leave work NOW and go get him!! It's gonna be a loooonnnggg afternoon.... Confused
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! I love dogs too. I think I'm a true dog person. But unfortunately, I was cursed with this allergy with dog and cat hair Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mlmaier
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2004 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
babyfish, we dogsat for my clients once, and their dog is a cockapoo. she's absolutely adorable, and the main reason they chose her is because of the extremely low dander. the mom has pet allergies, and she's been totally fine with molly. they just have to trim her hair because it can get a little long. great personality too!

oh, and there's a reason they call it puppy love .....i've been in absolute heaven Smile since 6:30 when i got my boy. i'm so bummed i've got a work meeting in the AM. but after that, the rest of friday thru tuesday OFF to hang out with him!!
Mabsy

Fri May 28, 2004 12:23 am      Reply with quote
babyfish wrote:
Oh! I love dogs too. I think I'm a true dog person. But unfortunately, I was cursed with this allergy with dog and cat hair Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Never fear Babyfish! I've got allergies too, yet I have a dog and I can (and want!) to have a cat too Wink Poodles are great for people with allergies. In terms of cats, Devon Rexes are the poodle equivalent. I've got a poodle and I really *really* want a Devon Rex. But my dog won't let me..... Confused

Mabsy
Mabsy

Fri May 28, 2004 12:28 am      Reply with quote
mlmaier wrote:
oh, and there's a reason they call it puppy love .....i've been in absolute heaven Smile since 6:30 when i got my boy. i'm so bummed i've got a work meeting in the AM. but after that, the rest of friday thru tuesday OFF to hang out with him!!

Yeah, gotta love pets! They can manage to make you feel happy after a long stressfull day at work. PLUS studies have shown that pet owners have, on average, lower blood pressure than people who don't have any pets. Another good reason to get yourself a loving little poochy!

Fantasia - I only just figured out "peek a poo" Brick wall Was wondering why the "poo" word featured in it but was too afraid to ask Laughing Embarassed And now I find out it's something completely different Rolling Eyes

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2004 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
oh Mabsy.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you crack me up! Very Happy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:14 am      Reply with quote
mlmaier - how's the new puppy doing? i just love the puppy smell they have. is he sleeping with you? what is he eating? does he like to play with plush or plastic toys? just eager tohear how he is doing .
mlmaier
5% products discount

Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Fantasia - Josh is doing great!! That would not be my first choice for a dog's name, but it was his name when we met him, and it certainly seems to fit him so we're just going with it. That and we can't think of what else we'd name him! Very Happy

He's 6 months old, so still technically a puppy....although a very big one! I am sad we missed the sweet puppy breath stage with him, but on the other hand we also missed the not so fun teething stage. He's a little on the timid side, so we've got some work to do in that area. He's just a complete sweetie. He loves to get pets and belly rubs.

In his foster home he mostly played with his sister, and in the shelter before that I'm not sure what the circumstances were. He's just now figuring out what toys are. He likes one that make noise, either with the squeaker in them or ones that rattle. One of his most favorite things to do is chase bubbles outside. When it's not raining it's part of our evening routine when I get home. He'll chase them for a good 15 minutes.

Our friend brought his 14 month old boy over last weekend, and Josh was absolutely terrified of him at first, but when he realized that Bryce gave him treats, dropped food on the floor from his high chair, and was more than willing to share the contents of his tippee cup, Josh figured out he was okay after all and they spent part of the evening wrestling.

I'm just so glad no one else got him first. He really was meant to be ours! Very Happy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Glad Josh is settling in ok, he sounds like my 2 Ragdoll Cats, just loves pets and belly rubs...ha.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Awwwww, yay for Josh. I so wish you could show us a picture! Very Happy
mlmaier
5% products discount

Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
We might be making a website for him (yes, my husband is a computer geek and we obviously need other things to do!!! Very Happy ) so if we do I'll post the site. Of course, being 'mom'....I think he's adorable!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I love dogs, thay are soooooooo cute Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Now I wanna pet him and give him a belly rub! Razz
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Josh sounds great. WE have two pups just over a year old. They're a riot together. You've still got a lot of puppyhood left. Ny girls still act like pups and from past experience (I'm 51 and have always had one or two dogs) they stay "puppylike" for about 18 months.

Dogs are great!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've always had pets, at the present two cats - seniors already, but still cute & i love them.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I soooo can't wait to get a puppy .... but I (we) are waiting until we move out into the country. So not anytime soon, unfortunatly.
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
ohhhh...lucky you!!

photos pleaseeeee... Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with him. I would also love to see photos, he sounds so cute Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |