Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
RAVE - Best Bath Store Intensive Under Eye Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried a sample of BBS Intensive Under Eye Treatment twice now. I can tell you that it's very rich and moisturizing. My under eye skin does not appear so dry now. I love this stuff. If you have trouble with puffiness or eyes looking tired, it works well for that, too. I will continue using this.

Ingredients: Rose Bulgarian Hydrosol, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Rosehip Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Raw Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, CO2 Combo, Vitamin E, Caffeine, Ester C, Vitamin K, Xanthum Gum, Helichrysum, Rose and Lavender Essential Oils.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
In case you don't realize you can try their samples for free. The owner of the store, Justin, has been very kind to me. There's a limit of 5 free samples, and I asked him which I should try between the facial scrub and the acne gel since I already reached my limit, he gave me both to try. Then he included the lip balm, too, because I have an allergy problem, so he wanted me to try. Unfortunately, my lips are allergic to the lip balm (still suffering right now). wahhh It's not the lip balm's fault though. My lips are really sensitive to everything. I can only use Vaseline lip balm. I can't use even Chapstick.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, I'm so glad you like this stuff too! This is actually my HG eye cream---- I use just the tiniest bit and it sinks right in and makes my eye area look gorgeous! All the other eye creams I used before were either too greasy (ugh), or not moisturizing enough, but this one just takes the cake. How did you like your other BBS samples?

5% products discount

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just a head's up everyone that we are trying to reformulate our eye cream to be even less greasy which we all agree it's not greasy now but some people find in the summer when it's really hot that any cream can feel too thick. We've almost gotten it perfect in lab testing to have all the same properties as the current cream but gliding a little better (meaning you can use even less) and it'll not feel as thick in the summer months. We should know around May whether or not it'll be good to sell to the public. We're also working on some new lotions too, even one that contains active manuka honey which would make it an acne-fighting lotion... great for those who suffer the rare condition of ance and dry skin (those who suffer with it know how difficult it is to find a working product). As usual I'll keep everyone updated and when we have new goodies for everyone to try I'll make a post indicated soand anyone who will PM me their Best Bath Store login name will get a fun box in the mail filled with all out new products we're working on. Oh yeah, and we're also making a new soap, a dead sea body bar with a high content of dead sea mud. This will be really cool... you'll scrub with it, let it sit on your face for about 5 minutes, then rinse it off... like a scrub and mask in one bar of natural soap. This stuff excites me and I hope it'll excite all you. We're in invention mode at Best Bath Store and any new product suggestions are welcome and will be considered!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I would be ALL over the lotion with manuka honey in it!!! Please keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
Just a head's up everyone that we are trying to reformulate our eye cream to be even less greasy which we all agree it's not greasy now but some people find in the summer when it's really hot that any cream can feel too thick. We've almost gotten it perfect in lab testing to have all the same properties as the current cream but gliding a little better (meaning you can use even less) and it'll not feel as thick in the summer months. We should know around May whether or not it'll be good to sell to the public. We're also working on some new lotions too, even one that contains active manuka honey which would make it an acne-fighting lotion... great for those who suffer the rare condition of ance and dry skin (those who suffer with it know how difficult it is to find a working product). As usual I'll keep everyone updated and when we have new goodies for everyone to try I'll make a post indicated soand anyone who will PM me their Best Bath Store login name will get a fun box in the mail filled with all out new products we're working on. Oh yeah, and we're also making a new soap, a dead sea body bar with a high content of dead sea mud. This will be really cool... you'll scrub with it, let it sit on your face for about 5 minutes, then rinse it off... like a scrub and mask in one bar of natural soap. This stuff excites me and I hope it'll excite all you. We're in invention mode at Best Bath Store and any new product suggestions are welcome and will be considered!

Justin--

I would love to find a salicylic acid leave on exfoliater that has natural ingred. and no propylene glycol with a PH of about 2. Kinda of like a treatment toner. Its been impossible to find one without lots of nasty stuff in it.

Loved everything that Ive tried by BBS and look forward to your new products!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Wow, I would be ALL over the lotion with manuka honey in it!!! Please keep us updated!

Not if I can beat you to it! Very Happy Doesn't it sounds like a great product, Liz? I'm still using my acne bar sample, love that its not drying at all and rinses clean.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Liz, I tried the pore minimizing toner, and I think it helps. I am not too sure about what a toner does really. I never really used a toner before. However I just started to try a few new things like Candy's Triple C, DMAE 4%, and HA serums. Then I got Justin's stuff. I was just looking in the mirror and could not believe how much less tired I look. I think it's the eye treatment from BBS and Candy's Triple C. I'm very happy with my face right now. Oh I've also been using the lightstim, but (slap my hand) I have not been so consistent. I just could not find enough hours in the day to fit everything in. I think I'm supposed to do the lightstim twice a day. I just don't have that much time. Forget morning!

manslayerliz wrote:
Cherisse, I'm so glad you like this stuff too! This is actually my HG eye cream---- I use just the tiniest bit and it sinks right in and makes my eye area look gorgeous! All the other eye creams I used before were either too greasy (ugh), or not moisturizing enough, but this one just takes the cake. How did you like your other BBS samples?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Justin - I'd love to try any new things you got. I will start a list of what I would like to see you offer and PM you with it. By the way, I don't think you got a facial lotion for day or night, or sunscreen, right? I've been touching a tad of the eye treatment to wherever on my face I feel needed to be moisturized. Is that ok?

bestbathstore wrote:
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Oh Liz, I also tried BBS shampoo and conditioner. While I think I like the shampoo, I am on the fence about the conditioner because it is very sticky and thick. It's hard to apply and rinse out. I ended up having to wash out my hair with Kerastase afterward because I could not get the stickiness out of my hair. Have you tried? I just wonder if I was not doing something right or what.

manslayerliz wrote:
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Liz, I also forgot to mention I love the dead sea facial scrub. It smells so good!

manslayerliz wrote:
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:

That sounds great about the eye cream, but I thought it was perfect! Shock I might have to buy before May.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I would not go so far as to say "perfect". I am sure Justin can add more stuff to it to make it really perfect. Maybe DMAE for example?

zumlya wrote:
bestbathstore wrote:

That sounds great about the eye cream, but I thought it was perfect! Shock I might have to buy before May.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse--there is a moisturizer actually. it is touted for face and body though http://www.bestbathstore.com/lotions/shea-butter-face-and-body-lotion-unscented/ .

the smell is delicious and i use it for my hands and body only, though Liz uses it on her face.

also, i love the shampoo, it lathers and moisturizes quite nicely for something more on the natural side.

also, i used the eye cream sample twice and it gave me something i think that is milia. i stopped using it, perhaps it's too rich for my skin.

Kristen Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Around May or June I think we'll have a grab-bag of new product samples to try. When they're ready I'll send them out to anyone who has ever ordered any ful size product of ours ever in the past. We'll then set up some type of voting system where people can vote on the products they like, and provide feedback on ones they may not like.

Keep in mind everyone though in keeping with our company policies we cannot make any product that requires chemicals to preserve freshness or other ingredients that are not natural.

vonstella, regarding a product with a PH of 2... I would get a lot of people with burned faces calling me crying! Our Mud mask which contains willow bark has a PH of close to 3 and some people can't even leave it on their face for 25 minutes without feeling a sting . (It's safe and all-matural, but some people feel it stings too much). I think maybe a variant of our dead sea facial scrub with willow bark and manuka honey may fit the bill (I need to do some research to make sure the manuka honey will stay active even with the other ingredients in there!) Another reason our acne treatment gel and acne treatment bar are so effective is the use of 25+ UMF manuka honey. Most companies either use non-active honey (useless) or only like 10+ factor (not enough to kill bateria that causes acne)
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
bestbathstore :)SO glad to hear that!I'll go your site to login and find something Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Cherisse--there is a moisturizer actually. it is touted for face and body though http://www.bestbathstore.com/lotions/shea-butter-face-and-body-lotion-unscented/ .

the smell is delicious and i use it for my hands and body only, though Liz uses it on her face.

also, i love the shampoo, it lathers and moisturizes quite nicely for something more on the natural side.

also, i used the eye cream sample twice and it gave me something i think that is milia. i stopped using it, perhaps it's too rich for my skin.

Kristen Smile

So sorry to hear it gives you milia, Kristen! Have you PM'd Justin to ask him why such a nice eye cream would do that to you? I'm sure he could answer that. Maybe a different eye cream is already being worked on for someone who can't use this one??
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |