Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Do you treat your neck/chest different than your face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin, neck is dry and my chest is starting to look - uh, crepey.... I actually think its my neck/chest that give away my age more than anything else! Very Happy

I've noticed that most skin treatments/cleansers/toners whatever tell you to apply on face, neck and chest but since my face is oily and my neck/chest area is dry, I tend to treat them separately depending upon what I'm applying.

Cleanser with 1.5% SA only goes on the face. Olive soap cleanser goes on the neck/chest.
Toner goes only on the face.
Acne treatment gel goes only on the face.
14% Glycolic treatment is applied on face, neck and chest.
Enzyme fruit mask is applied on face, neck, chest.
Clay mask only applied to face
Jojoba oil with Ylang Ylang only applied to face, rich moisturizer goes on neck and chest.

Seriously, only 2 products out of my arsenal are actually applied to all areas, does anyone else find they have to do this, or do I need to find something that will work on all 3 areas?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I think that if your skin is normal, combination or dry, then using the same products on your neck and chest is fine (except for acne treament type products because you probably don't need them on your neck and chest). When I apply my serums and moisturizers, I start on my face and then work down onto my neck and chest -- that way there is no wasted product.

But, if your skin is oily, then the products you are using are probably trying to control oil production and are hydrating. In that case, I think that it would be beneficial to use a seperate moistuirizer for your neck and chest.

Just my two cents... Smile
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I apply jurlique's neck serum twice daily. so yes i gave my neck different treatment.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I apply vit-C serum and sunscreen/block on my neck in the morning. At night, I don't have a special neck serum for my neck but I apply Retinol and Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Gel on my neck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I always use a seperate neck as they say that skin is thinner there and need more firming and also neck creams are cheaper so the face cream especially the night ones last longer
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
i just treat my neck with body lotion!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use all the same stuff that I use on my face, except acne treatments.

cleanser
Sunscreen
MMU (lightly to even skintone)
Emu
peels

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
What I use on my face, I use on my neck and chest (when I remember about the chest) -- toner, sunscreen, exfoliating scrubs (more lightly used on neck and chest). I see a big difference in the skin on my chest, improved, when I use s/s there especially.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only person that touched their neck while reading this thread? Razz
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:

same here. I use my normal body wash for my neck as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I have decided something doesn't work for my face (ie. breakouts, etc.) it is allocated to my neck/chest products. Right now I'm using up some Prevage, Dermalogica and Aloette on my neck/check/hands. One of these days when I run out of my "rejects" I don't use on my face any longer, I would like to invest in an actual products MEANT for that area. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:

Same here but I also use my facial moisterizer on my neck.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:

Haha no! I did too just to "check"! Laughing

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
SylphideNoir wrote:

Haha no! I did too just to "check"! Laughing

LOL... while reading this thread, I wasn't even aware I was touching my neck until I read these posts. Laughing Laughing

I only use normal body moisturizer on my neck (when I remember) but now I'm starting to wonder if I should take better care of the area. I suppose I can use my facial cream but would that be effective? I heard the skin on the neck area is different and much thicker than the face. Would a special cream for the neck and decollete be better? Any proof of this, or recommendations? Think
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
It was so funny Very Happy

i think i must take care for my neck right now before it going to be
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
Whenever I have decided something doesn't work for my face (ie. breakouts, etc.) it is allocated to my neck/chest products.

That is exactly what I do. My neck is also a tester for a lot of samples.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
bushy and Moonstart, Same here. I'm trying a lot of samples too.

But I am not using any type of body products on my neck. I had very bad experience years ago which had taken me 2-3 months of regular visits to dermatologists to get over.
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
My neck is also a tester for a lot of samples.

That's a really good idea -- I think my neck is generally more sensitive than my face as well (plus I can always wear turtlenecks if something goes wrong!).

Anyway, I generally use the same products on my neck as my face. I also try to put the same products on the backs of my hands (I read a suggestion somewhere -- maybe here? -- that you can apply products to your neck with the backs of your hands to accomplish both at once).
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
My facial skin is hyper sensitive, so I actually use all the stronger products (Vit C, retinoids and sunscreen) that my face was not able to take on my neck.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
pickiis wrote:
lotus003 wrote:

same here. I use my normal body wash for my neck as well.

another same here! Embarassed

it's said that Jurlique Neck Serum is quite good for neck. Crying or Very sad Sadly, too expensive for me.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I just use face serum and cream treat my neck ,haha Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I use a blend of sesame and emu oil on my neck under the night cream that I use on my face and neck. The neck does not have oil glands and can age faster than the face if we are not careful. Also I find my neck is more sensitive than my face, so I always patch test new products for three days or nights in a row on my neck before deciding whether I want to use them regularly.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
The neck does not have oil glands and can age faster than the face if we are not careful.

That's a really good point! I must go and slather on the creams now...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I keep forgetting to put cream on my neck, and definitely I don't put anything on my chest. Well, I just started to try the Skinbio BND cream, and I put that on my girls but not my decol area.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |