Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
weird but great new use for jurlique silk dust
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
so the jurlique silk dust works fabulously on oily limp bangs! Better than a lot of powders because it's more translucent and fine -- I have almost black hair and it vanished right in. Not that I'm going to use it all the time for this -- but very handy when you're out traveling and your bangs get that stringy greasy look.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used baby powder for this as well! I have really dark hair too, but once you put the baby powder on your scalp and hair make sure you brush that area really well, or else it will look like you have baby powder in your hair!

But apparently there are dark hair powders you can use, I have yet to find one.

CG
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use this whenever my hair is a little greasy but I don't have time to wash it. It's great to tie me over till my next shampoo.

Canadian Girl, Bumble & Bumble makes hair powders in black and brown, among other colours. I wonder how they fare against white T-shirts. Neutral
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

CanadianGirl, Bumble & Bumble makes hair powders in black and brown, among other colours.

Thanks Dollbird! Is Bumble and bumble only sold in Salons? I want to get my hands on some!

CG
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, it's widely available in salons but you can also order fromwww.strawberrynet.com. You can go towww.bumbleandbumble.com to locate stores that sell it in Canada. HTH!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dollbird,
I used the store locator and found a salon quite close to me!
CG
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
so the jurlique silk dust works fabulously on oily limp bangs! Better than a lot of powders because it's more translucent and fine -- I have almost black hair and it vanished right in. Not that I'm going to use it all the time for this -- but very handy when you're out traveling and your bangs get that stringy greasy look.

I do the same thing since Im oily and recently got my hair cut like Keira Knightley (short w/ long bangs), it works really well and smells good to boot! Perks those bangs right up.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I use this whenever my hair is a little greasy but I don't have time to wash it. It's great to tie me over till my next shampoo.

Canadian Girl, Bumble & Bumble makes hair powders in black and brown, among other colours. I wonder how they fare against white T-shirts. Neutral

This stuff sounds great! I've heard of using baby powder to help beat the root oilies and to encourage volume...but I didn't know there were coloured hair powders!! I just checked the Bumble and Bumble website and lo and behold there are 3 salons near me that carry it....The powders look like they are dispensed in a spray can (from what I saw on the website)..I am totally intrigued!! Has anyone out there used the B&B hair powder or any other authentic salon hair powder?! Would LOVE to hear about it!
Pudoodles Very Happy
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles,
I haven't been too thrilled with the dark powders because it makes your scalp look weirdly dirty along your part -- that's why I was liking the jurlique, because it's translucent and didn't make my hair look as white and dusty as baby powder or talc. hair powder in general is a fabulous thing though -- anything is preferable to stringy bangs.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
Pudoodles,
I haven't been too thrilled with the dark powders because it makes your scalp look weirdly dirty along your part -- that's why I was liking the jurlique, because it's translucent and didn't make my hair look as white and dusty as baby powder or talc. hair powder in general is a fabulous thing though -- anything is preferable to stringy bangs.

Thanks Waffles!
I nearly added the Jurlique powder to last week's order...groan...Oh well, I'll add it to my order for next week...I'm really excited!! I can't wait to try it!! YAY!!!
Pudoodles
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Waffle! I tried this today and it worked really well. Smile
jwang
5% products discount

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Yah I feel it is not nice on the face. Dust not fine enough.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I found another strange use for silk powder: setting a spray on tan.
My little sister has been going to the tanning salon to get the Magic Tan but it always rubbed off on clothes before she took her first shower. So, I told her to try using silk dust where she experienced this problem (bra strap line, under armpits, stomach) and it worked! The real test will be when her work uniform changes to a white tennis skirt...will update Smile

Oh, I guess I should add that this was plain silk powder from TBK Trading.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I have black hair, too. But the dust isn't suitable for me as I have dry skin. It's nightmare Sad Sad Sad Sad
And I like the loose powder of La Mer very much.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |