Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Babor Intelli-zyme?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this product? Do you have to use the 3-step process (I'm seeing the product grouped with 2 other things -- a base and cleansing oil -- I already use a very effective cleansing oil)

My esthetician gave me a sample of the granules and said that I just need to add some warm water to make a paste-ish consistency, put it on my skin then take it off pretty quickly. She said to build up to a minute or 2 gradually if each use shows no irritation or other probs.

I appreciate your take on the Intelli-zyme granules, if you've used them.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Bumping, hoping that someone who has tried this might reply. Smile
havana8

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know too!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I finally tried the sample that my esthetician gave me. Please keep in mind that I am a total newbie to this product, so I don't know the best application technique other than what I read. Can't find many reviews from other users either.

Directions and ingredients fromwww.beauty.com site -- Babor Intelli-Zyme -- 3.5 oz (100 g)
Directions for use:
Use in the morning and evening. Pour enough of the powder into your hand to cover the palm, add warm water and emulsify to create a foamy consistency. Apply generously to the face, neck and decollete, emulsify again with water and then rinse off thoroughly.

Ingredients:
Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Talc, Cellulose, Maltodextin, Water (Aqua), Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Subtilisin, Lipase

The granules looked like salt. I couldn't smell any fragrance from the product. I poured enough to cover my palm, using up the whole sample. I added warm water and used the fingertips of my other hand to "emulsify". Put it on my face, neck and what was left went on my chest. My esthetician said "put it on, swish it around on your skin, and wash it right off". So I jumped in the shower right after to wash it off, since I was headed there anyway.

Rinsed off well, but I missed not feeling that gentle scrub feeling when I usually exfoliate (Babor Mild Peeling is one of the products I use for that). I will mention that before using the product, I did have major flaking on one side of my mouth and I thought this would be a good test spot to see how the product did -- most of the flaking was gone when I got out of the shower, but possibly the flakes were loosened just from my hands going over my face in the shower. When I got out of the shower, my skin felt dry and tight. I didn't like the foaming of the product, or the inconsistent texture after I emulsified, which was totally my fault.

I've scoped out prices on the product, in case I wanted to experiment further. For $44.00, I am going to pass and stick with my old faithful comfortable mild exfoliating scrubs.
havana8

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marci65! It's exactly what I wanted to know...
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
A further update...

Sunday night when I washed my face before bed, I noticed that my skin felt smooth and more even-toned. The Intelli-zyme appeared to have lightened some darker marks that I had on my face. That was a good sign, and I almost reconsidered buying a full-size.

But as the week has progressed, I my skin has been more dry and flakey than usual. I normally exfoliate once per week and don't get mid-week flakes and dryness. Nothing else in my routine changed except for the Intelli-zyme experiment. So I am attributing this change to that. I'm back to not wanting to buy it and I don't think I will change my mind again. Wink My first and last impression were the same -- that this product is not for me.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |