Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
More information I got on Cellcosmet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was surprised to see that Holt Renfrew is still selling Cellcosmet. There was one post that I have made that Cellcosmet would be discontinued at Holt's but it has not.

I was really happy to see that there was a new face at Cellcosmet counter and I thought I would try to see how honest this Sales Person knows about the secrets of Cellcosmet. He said that there is live cells and Ultra Vital has the hightest percentage (24%). The live cells come from horses and he is not positive but feels that they got some cells from a horse and duplicated it. I was surprised it would come from a horse but then, horses do have thin skin. I asked him to point out to me, where it is listed in the ingredients and his reply was that it is not an ingredient. This did not make sense to me and I pointed that out to him. Now, it get's more confusing because he insisted that it is not in the ingredient but part of the process to make these creams. Brick wall

He gave me a tip on Exfoliant Dual Action. You can use it as a spot treatment on your pimples. You apply it on your spots and it helps speed up the cycle of your pimple. Who is interested in trying out this test?

As for using the Exfoliant Dual Action to scrub your face, he said to wash your face, apply Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action and allow it to sit on your face for 10 minutes. Like a mask. He said it will allow the ingredients to melt and penetrate the top tissue of your skin. Then you massage it in and rinse.

This Cellcosmet Sales Person does not reccomend Activator Gel.

I was shocked about Cellcosmet using horse cells but the creams works well for my skin and I do plan to continue to use Cellcosmet.

Can anyone comfirm if Cellcosmet uses horse cells?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow that info is certainly an eye opener. Like you, I cannot understand how the horse cells help in the process. Would this person really have that sort of knowledge about how Cellcosmet make their products?
I am not discounting his info because he is right about the Dual Action Exfoliant although I did not know it was the cure. Just recently I had been using a rather rich cream on my neck which caused a number of pimples. I always believed that the Exfoliant cleaned out the pores so I used it on my neck the morning I woke up with the pimples, I massaged it lightly for a minute then left it to sit for two minutes, then massaged it again for another minute. I used the Cellcosmet tonic after and just sunscreen on top. By night time, no pimples and no red marks. It is only now that it has occurred to me, after reading your post, that the Exfoliant removed the pimples. I will be using it as a mask now.
Can you find out why this salesperson does not recommend the Activator Gel as I would really like to know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip about the Dual Action. I've tried it before but was not impressed. I have a couple of pimples right now so it's perfect time to test it again. Razz

I would also really want to know why he does not recommend the Activator Gel. Did he particularly mention it's not recommendable or just that he did not recommend it to you?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry that I did not include his reason not to use the Activator Gel. It was some ingredient and I don't remember which one. After I told him that the first time I used it, I felt it to slightly burn and he said that is normal and then I went on to say that I think it dries out my skin he said, 'yes, because of ______________' (sorry, I don't remember which ingredient he mentioned. He did say it could work out for very oily skin. But personally I would not recommend it for oily skin because like Clinic (sp?) department store brand, you have this cleanser bar then very strong toner which removes the film off your skin from their cleanser bar, and it dries out your skin and then you apply their yellow moisterizer, which clog up your pores again and make you skin sensative. It is an on-goin cycle.
This is why I agree with Paula Begoun theory. Get a cleanser that cleans without stripping, without film left behind and it does not irritate your eyes. Toners are not needed.

Both of you so far are getting me excited on the fact that the facial srub can be used as a mask, then massage it in and then rinse. I can't help but wonder if other namebrands can do the same?

As for the information provided by this sales person, who knows if I was told the truth. I really don't like his answers and I don't like the fact that Cellcosmet did not reply to other people on EDS who sent them an e-mail.

But, I will continue to use their line because it does work for me. I may purchase SkinTX facial scrub, just to give it a try.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
i have just ordered Cellcosmet Elasto-Collagen Lighting. wish it be good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
He told me that one is for someone who already has a sagging problem. It does not prevent. I do plan to purchase the Ultra Cell vials treatment.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |