Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
HG RAVE: Carekate's hair serum + SAS KGF hair serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate:
Glad you're ok. Very Happy
I meant to say in my PM to you that the Blushing Nude is a perfect colour.
Thank you for making it.
Emma x
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
carekate wrote:
sharky wrote:
I would also like to try Carekate's product but I wish she or Wendy would make a water based leave-in product. PSF has the cucumber toner which has 15%MSM in it. That plus chrysin, KGF and green tea sounds like it would be good.
Great idea! I'll get to work on that as soon as I receive my latest order of "raw materials"....

THERE YOU ARE! Whew! We were all wondering where you went! Glad to have you back. *Ceases worrying*

Blame it on Mother Nature -- she sent an ice storm last week that shut down my city for over 4 days! And no snickering from Yankees, please, about Southerners who don't know how to handle a little cold weather *waggles finger warningly*

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
carekate, I live in Dallas. I understand perfectly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ari - Yup, I bought the KGF kit that comes with a small bottle of ELS. I also purchased ELS separately and also use it on my face.

Cherisse - I've been ordering from Carrie since last summer so I have quite a stock. I don't use baking soda because I think that would be too much for my thin hair Crying or Very sad

Carekate - WHAT? ANOTHER new product? I want! I want!!!

All - You might want to also check your mailboxes. My mailbox (in or sent) is not full but I have 3 messages that never went out ... still sitting in my 'savebox'.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Ari - Yup, I bought the KGF kit that comes with a small bottle of ELS. I also purchased ELS separately and also use it on my face.

I was just about to order when I noticed you mention ELS. I don't see it mentioned anywhere..either in the kit or separately. Help! Confused
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Rjez wrote:

I was just about to order when I noticed you mention ELS. I don't see it mentioned anywhere..either in the kit or separately. Help! Confused

bizarre .. I thought I answered this. If you're ordering the KGF look at the text to the right. ELS serum is included in the hair serum kit. http://www.skinactives.com/products/hair_serum.htm
You might have to scroll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
marina wrote:
Rjez wrote:

bizarre .. I thought I answered this. If you're ordering the KGF look at the text to the right. ELS serum is included in the hair serum kit. http://www.skinactives.com/products/hair_serum.htm
You might have to scroll.

I apologize...you did answer this..I just couldn't find the ELS as a separate item. I just saw it. Thank you
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
ugh, have to vent.

I've been visiting 'heralopecia.com' for 6 months looking at alternatives and commiserating.

I posted my results and the moderator basically told me I'm nuts.

Quote:
"Rogaine is the only clinically proven product". "...4 months wasn't long enough"

Hmmm, the Rogaine website notes "progress at 4 months ... may not work for everyone".

I'm just so annoyed. Oh well ... too bad, never going back again.

I *thought* it was a great informative site on hair loss ... but I can see now that their focus is on volumizing products, toppers, wigs, fiber sprays .. and Rogaine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Rjez, you're living proof that the moderator is W R O N G! I think people sometimes get so tied into thinking they know everything that they don't even consider other possibilities.
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
So I just ordered this too...Apparently, now that I'm happy with my skin care routine (thanks to my ISC and Baby Q), I need to buy things for my hair! (Plus I saw scary posts on the SAS forum about the damage you do from coloring...figured it was far preferable to add something else to my routine -- one of my favorite things to do, it seems -- than to give up my highlights).

Anyway, congratulations, Rjez, on your success, and thanks for spreading the word Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
yay, Carrie is okay! sorry about the problems with the weather though. i am in southern california and 40 degrees is just too much for me here!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
StellaMarie wrote:
So I just ordered this too...Apparently, now that I'm happy with my skin care routine (thanks to my ISC and Baby Q), I need to buy things for my hair! (Plus I saw scary posts on the SAS forum about the damage you do from coloring...figured it was far preferable to add something else to my routine -- one of my favorite things to do, it seems -- than to give up my highlights).

Anyway, congratulations, Rjez, on your success, and thanks for spreading the word Smile

What's the SAS forum?
Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
All - You might want to also check your mailboxes. My mailbox (in or sent) is not full but I have 3 messages that never went out ... still sitting in my 'savebox'.
Something REALLY freaky is going on with our PMs because ALL of the messages in my in-box dated prior to 1/13/07 are suddenly gone! All of them. I don't know if the mods purged my in-box because it was so full and it was hogging their bandwidth or something, but all the messages that prior to that date (which was the last time I accessed my in-box prior to yesterday) are simply GONE.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
yay, Carrie is okay! sorry about the problems with the weather though. i am in southern california and 40 degrees is just too much for me here!
No kidding! It's sleeting here again, but thankfully yesterday it was 66 degrees so it's not cold enough to stick to the ground and eff-up the roads again. Regardless, I've officially had enough winter for this year!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie,
Have sent you 3 pms before but probably didn't get to you. I sent my 4th pm on 19th for a purchase order, hope you managed to get it! Please let me know if you didn't.

Thanks!

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
What's the SAS forum? Very Happy www.skinactives.com SAS sells actives and bases for your own DIY skin and haircare. They're one of my "little" addictions.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Rjez wrote:
Something REALLY freaky is going on with our PMs because ALL of the messages in my in-box dated prior to 1/13/07 are suddenly gone! All of them. I don't know if the mods purged my in-box because it was so full and it was hogging their bandwidth or something, but all the messages that prior to that date (which was the last time I accessed my in-box prior to yesterday) are simply GONE.

hmmm, perhaps i should send you my order request again - can't wait to try out the hair serum!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
carekate wrote:
Rjez wrote:

hmmm, perhaps i should send you my order request again - can't wait to try out the hair serum!
No, I've got yours ready to ship...I've set aside this afternoon to send out invoices for all the orders from the week of the 13th so I'll ship in the morning. It's the ones that haven't heard from me AT ALL (i.e.: ever) that need to worry....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
What's the SAS forum? Very Happy www.skinactives.com SAS sells actives and bases for your own DIY skin and haircare. They're one of my "little" addictions.

Ari

Thank you very much.
When I saw the title of this thread again this morning I saw SAS too.
Very Happy
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! i actually just pm'ed you b/c i was thinking of editing my order just a bit, but if it's too late, don't worry about it Smile

carekate wrote:
sark wrote:
carekate wrote:
Rjez wrote:

No, I've got yours ready to ship...I've set aside this afternoon to send out invoices for all the orders from the week of the 13th so I'll ship in the morning. It's the ones that haven't heard from me AT ALL (i.e.: ever) that need to worry....
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Oh dear! Mine too! I got notice yesterday that I had 4 PMs waiting for me, but when I logged on, there were only 2 and my box said it was 100% full. So, if anyone PMd me and has not heard back, please resend! Thanks!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
if you guys happen to know any hair product that can help to grow hair faster, let me know. TIA
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
carekate wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Oh dear! Mine too! I got notice yesterday that I had 4 PMs waiting for me, but when I logged on, there were only 2 and my box said it was 100% full. So, if anyone PMd me and has not heard back, please resend! Thanks!

On another site I go on it tells me when I am full up with PM's - I find that useful.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
if you guys happen to know any hair product that can help to grow hair faster, let me know. TIA

The average person’s hair grows about 1/4-inch per month (it varies from person to person – my hair grows 1-inch per month – but that is the average) and it’s sort of genetically “set” in your body’s DNA and you can’t DRASTICALLY alter how quickly your hair grows. Note I said “drastically.” You can take a nutritional supplement containing Biotin and MSM (look for a “Hair, Skin and Nails” formula in the vitamin aisle) and that will help ensure your body has enough of the right nutrients to keep your hair’s growth rate on schedule so that it can “be all it can be,” but you’re not going to be able to suddenly change your hair from growing 1/4-inch per month to all of the sudden growing 1.5-inches per month because it’s just not possible and if anyone or anything is promising you differently, they’re either lying or seriously misinformed.

Something else that most people don’t know if that in addition to your hair being predisposed to only grow at a certain rate per month, but hair is also predisposed to grow only a certain length and never get any longer! For example, there are women out there – like 70s country singer Crystal Gayle – who are able to grow their hair to ankle-length, while there are others out there (like me!) that aren’t able to grow their hair past shoulder-length no matter how hard they try and how many years they’ve tried. It just won’t go past that length! It’s genetics and there’s nothing you can do to change it – other than go to the salon for hair extensions...but then you run the risk of getting a bald spot (Posh Beckham, Keira Knightley) where the extensions were attached at the hairline because of the added stress/weight of the fake hair so then you’ve got to go back for more extensions to cover it and then another bald spot appears and then...you get the idea!

The bottom line is your hair’s “destiny” was already set when you were in the womb and there’s nothing you can do to drastically change it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
It's the ones that haven't heard from me AT ALL (i.e.: ever) that need to worry....

I have been worrying ... my 4th pm to you is still in my outbox. Sad Haven't heard from you AT ALL Crying or Very sad

I know I am whining like a baby but can't help it when there are such great reviews about your stuff! I want some! Pleeeease?! Laughing

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |