Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HG RAVE: Carekate's hair serum + SAS KGF hair serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I have seriously thinning hair. I tried Rogaine for 4 months but gave up last November - I figured my follicles were dead and there was no hope.

About 8 weeks ago I started using Carekate's hair serum once/week. It's like an aromatherapy treatment but you do need to massage the oil in for at least 15 minutes, then let it sit for several hours, then shampoo. A great treat but obviously can't be done daily.

3 weeks ago I also started mixing sea kelp bioferment with Loma Pearatin Repairative Serum as a leave-on in the morning.

The benefits were immediately noticeable because I have very long, chemically damaged and super-fine hair. Sea kelp bioferment THICKENED my hair, made it soft with no frizzies AND took away all traces of oiliness - to the point that I only need to wash my hair once a week. (I do use Carekate's dry shampoo if my bangs seem limp)

I also comb out my hair every morning and noticed far LESS shed, including during the weekly wash.

And last week I added the SkinActives kit, KGF Hair Serum with ELS. I also added the last drops of Carekate's hair serum to this. Most people use it once or twice a week because they don't like the 'dirty hair' feel it can give. I guess because my hair is long - I didn't notice a problem and use it twice a DAY!

So yesterday, I asked my hair stylist to touch my hair. He wasn't impressed because I'm the Queen of volumizing products.

But, when he washed my hair my stylist was completely speechless. Even when clean and wet - my hair felt considerably thicker and fuller.

My hair stylist was impressed to the point that he wants to order and try it on other clients. I'm so happy ... I can't believe how great my hair is finally becoming!

So, here's my routine:
    Carekate's hair serum: weekly scalp and hair treatment.
    KGF Hair serum w/ Carekate's hair serum: twice daily as a scalp leave-in.
    Sea kelp bioferment w/ repair serum: morning leave-in to tame frizzies and redo waves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
wow, Rjez, that is AWESOME! Unfortunately, I've barred myself from making any other overseas purchases for a while, otherwise I'd snap the SK BF right up! I am glad that we are all on aour way to shiny, thick, lustrous hair... Still patiently awaiting carekate's package... !

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Rjez, have you noticed any new hair coming in?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hey Avalange,

I wouldn't be surprised if you have the same results using Carekate's hair serum alone.

I think the major difference is that her hair serum for hair growth is very thick and oily - I couldn't use it as a leave-in. I'm going to ask Carrie if there's anyway to add something so I can use it as a leave-in and a weekly treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Rjez, have you noticed any new hair coming in?

I can't tell on my scalp (not coordinated doing the multiple mirror close-up) so I rely on my hair stylist. For months he'd part my hair and sort of "tsk, tsk" when I was using Rogaine. This month he just kept grabbing my hair at the roots and noting I had "more hair".

I *DID* notice that I had a number of fine, new hair at the front of my hair line. It stood out when he was highlighting my hair because it wouldn't fit in the foil.

And I swear that's gotta be new because I check out everything that I comb out....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
That really makes me anxious to get my SKB.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Curious: what are the active ingredients in each of these three products that are known to grow/thicken hair??
thanks.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
That is great Rjez.
Very Happy
I have ordered the hair stuff from Carrie for my Mumj.
Can you please tell me where I can get the other 2 products?

Thank you.
Emma x
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Curious: what are the active ingredients in each of these three products that are known to grow/thicken hair??
thanks.

This is the stuff I'm familar with. If you go to the site, there is much more technical info on what is included and why.

KGF as a chemical signal.
Sea Kelp Bioferment for nutrition.
chrysin - promotes hair growth
Grape seed - antiox.

Emma2006 - PM Carekate. The other stuff comes fromwww.skinactives.com. Look under 'kits' for Keratinocyte Growth Factor and under "most popular" for the sea kelp bioferment. Also, if you read the EDS thread "Rave for Sea Kelp Bioferment" you'll see other uses. It's the active ingredient ("miracle broth") for Creme de la Mer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you.

My order is winging it's way to me from carekate.
I'll look up the other site too.
Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ro, where did you buy sea kelp bioferment? What is KGH hair serum? Where can one buy Loma Pearatin Repairative Serum?

My hair is thick (each strand). Would the sea kelp make it too thick? My dad used to tell me that when I cut my hair, he could use it as a broom. lol I don't need my strands to be thicker, so I was just wondering...

Rjez wrote:
I have seriously thinning hair. I tried Rogaine for 4 months but gave up last November - I figured my follicles were dead and there was no hope.

About 8 weeks ago I started using Carekate's hair serum once/week. It's like an aromatherapy treatment but you do need to massage the oil in for at least 15 minutes, then let it sit for several hours, then shampoo. A great treat but obviously can't be done daily.

3 weeks ago I also started mixing sea kelp bioferment with Loma Pearatin Repairative Serum as a leave-on in the morning.

The benefits were immediately noticeable because I have very long, chemically damaged and super-fine hair. Sea kelp bioferment THICKENED my hair, made it soft with no frizzies AND took away all traces of oiliness - to the point that I only need to wash my hair once a week. (I do use Carekate's dry shampoo if my bangs seem limp)

I also comb out my hair every morning and noticed far LESS shed, including during the weekly wash.

And last week I added the SkinActives kit, KGF Hair Serum with ELS. I also added the last drops of Carekate's hair serum to this. Most people use it once or twice a week because they don't like the 'dirty hair' feel it can give. I guess because my hair is long - I didn't notice a problem and use it twice a DAY!

So yesterday, I asked my hair stylist to touch my hair. He wasn't impressed because I'm the Queen of volumizing products.

But, when he washed my hair my stylist was completely speechless. Even when clean and wet - my hair felt considerably thicker and fuller.

My hair stylist was impressed to the point that he wants to order and try it on other clients. I'm so happy ... I can't believe how great my hair is finally becoming!

So, here's my routine:
    Carekate's hair serum: weekly scalp and hair treatment.
    KGF Hair serum w/ Carekate's hair serum: twice daily as a scalp leave-in.
    Sea kelp bioferment w/ repair serum: morning leave-in to tame frizzies and redo waves.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
cherisse you're too funny. Okay, so you know Carekate and her stuff...

Sea kelp bioferment. I got mine atwww.skinactives.com. There are other places but I don't know the sites.
    KGF hair serum is called 'Keratinocyte Growth Factor' and can be purchased as a 'hair serum' kit from Skinactives. Look up 'keratinocyte growth factor'.
    Loma Pearatin Repairative Serum is a leave-in serum with amino acids, apricot oil, etc. I got mine atwww.creativesalon.com but it's also now carried at my salon. I'm running out and I'm going to try Oscar Blandi jasmine serum. Similar intent but it smells heavenly.

Unfortunately, I don't have the thick asian hair. I have the super-fine, thinning asian hair that is limp and stick-straight. The KGF mix contains Chrysin which is supposed to thicken hair, so it may not be a good choice for you - sorry, 'thick hair' is so foreign to me ... it's like asking someone with a row boat for a product recommendation for a yacht.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
'thick hair' is so foreign to me ... it's like asking someone with a row boat for a product recommendation for a yacht.

rofl

ro, you're so funny. But you describe perfectly how I feel about my hair. Are you also using the ELS with the KGF Hair Care Serum? If not, you might find it a bit drying after a while.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hehehe...Ro, you are the funny one. I just PM'd carrie again asking her if she would please sell me her hair serum. I am pretty desperate. I just washed my hair with baking soda in the shampoo. I could actually feel my hair becoming ...something....well, it was something rather positive. Then I added honey to the conditioning mask I got from Best Bath Store. The stuff was so thick it was hard to get in between my hair strands. I am just waiting right now to rinse it out. Almost time! I will rinse off with purified water, and regular vinegar since I don't have apple cider vinegar, and I'll pray to God that it works the same way. (probably not since then Avalange would probably say ...or you can use regular vinegar instead). Oh well...

Thanks for sharing your tips. I am in a trial-and-error mode right now with my hair. When it's so horribly crunchy, I can always munch on it, and hope that it won't have too many calories in it.

Rjez wrote:
cherisse you're too funny. Okay, so you know Carekate and her stuff...

Sea kelp bioferment. I got mine atwww.skinactives.com. There are other places but I don't know the sites.
    KGF hair serum is called 'Keratinocyte Growth Factor' and can be purchased as a 'hair serum' kit from Skinactives. Look up 'keratinocyte growth factor'.
    Loma Pearatin Repairative Serum is a leave-in serum with amino acids, apricot oil, etc. I got mine atwww.creativesalon.com but it's also now carried at my salon. I'm running out and I'm going to try Oscar Blandi jasmine serum. Similar intent but it smells heavenly.

Unfortunately, I don't have the thick asian hair. I have the super-fine, thinning asian hair that is limp and stick-straight. The KGF mix contains Chrysin which is supposed to thicken hair, so it may not be a good choice for you - sorry, 'thick hair' is so foreign to me ... it's like asking someone with a row boat for a product recommendation for a yacht.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ro - how did you get carrie to sell her products to you? I have not had much success getting through to her.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
You PM her - she only has limited computer access though.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Emma. I know about her limited internet access issue. However I PM'd her a month ago now I think before Christmas. Is this normal for her to take a month or longer to respond?

Emma2006 wrote:
You PM her - she only has limited computer access though.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
i didn't know where to put this, but i don't think i have seen Carrie around for awhile. Where is our Carrie???

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i didn't know where to put this, but i don't think i have seen Carrie around for awhile. Where is our Carrie???

SCA, I've been wondering the same thing. I'm worried about her. Her last post was January 12. She gets really bad migraines that can lay her out for week or so and I hope its not that. I hope she's OK. I'm sure she is inundated with PMs for her products, but she usually posts at least something on Celebrity Gossip in the Lounge.

Carrie, where are you?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I hope she's ok. Confused
My latest package arrived from her today - beautifully packaged as usual.
I hope all is well.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I hope she's ok, too. My kids just got a bronchitis, and lots of people at work were out sick. We were dropping like flies one by one.

Emma2006 wrote:
I hope all is well.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
I hope she's ok, too. My kids just got a bronchitis, and lots of people at work were out sick. We were dropping like flies one by one.

Emma2006 wrote:
I hope all is well.

I hope your children feel better soon.
Sad
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the KGF for about 6 months now. My mom had significant hair loss at 50. I am starting to thin also and this has really helped (new hair apparent at the scalpline).

I recent started to use the biokelp product first mixed with conditioner and washed out and then also a tiny bit left in. It is wonder ful. It makes my thin hair fuller. I am waiting for Axie who has ordered a bulk amount of this to sell to all of us!

I would also like to try Carekate's product but I wish she or Wendy would make a water based leave-in product. PSF has the cucumber toner which has 15%MSM in it. That plus chrysin, KGF and green tea sounds like it would be good.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I would also like to try Carekate's product but I wish she or Wendy would make a water based leave-in product. PSF has the cucumber toner which has 15%MSM in it. That plus chrysin, KGF and green tea sounds like it would be good.
Great idea! I'll get to work on that as soon as I receive my latest order of "raw materials"....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
sharky wrote:
Great idea! I'll get to work on that as soon as I receive my latest order of "raw materials"....

THERE YOU ARE! Whew! We were all wondering where you went! Glad to have you back. *Ceases worrying*
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |