Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Tip: Castor oil on lashes

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just read this on another web site http://www.pioneerthinking.com/rbt109.html:

"Here is the tip, cut your lashes very lightly..then apply castor oil daily to your lashes before going to bed, and then within no time, you'll get your desired lashes very thick and lustrious.
Apart from that, you can also, apply castor oil mixed with Vitamin-E oil to your face, as this will reduce wrinkles gradually and give you a smooth, supple and shiny skin. Try it out."

Has anyone tried it? Also do you have to apply castor oil on the roots or just the lashes themselves?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 1165
Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've used castor oil on my lashes (tips) and brows...I think it works. I have notices length not thickness.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia - Do you put castor oil on the roots or just on the lashes? Also do you put it on at night before going to bed only?

Olivia wrote:
I've used castor oil on my lashes (tips) and brows...I think it works. I have notices length not thickness.
Loreg
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 32
Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
During some time I put castor oil on my lashes. It helped somewhat but I honestly think I will never have long, thick lashes with it. That is why I bought Revitalash recently. (Tried Ardell, which helped more and Talika, little effect). Confused
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 271
Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Caster Oil is the major ingredient in a lot of lash serums such as Ecrinal, Ardell, etc.

I think it would help lashes; at least conditioning - maybe help with growth. I would use a clean spoolie or mascara wand.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about growing longer, but maybe conditioning is all we need? I am using it in conjunction with revitalash. I'm hoping something will jump start my lashes.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 736
Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about cutting my lashes, but I have used castor oil on them & they do feel somewhat softer...no significant results yet though. Confused
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 266
Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
But won't it cause any bump under eyes?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 2149
Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
cherisse, I thought u were using JM on lashes? Also I dont think I could stand to cut my eyelashes! I have really long lashes due to JM I just could use more of them,I can see a bunch of little new ones coming in but it looks like it will be a month before they get long...I use JM twice a day and also I use a little ecrinal and ardell switching off every other day....
Enigma
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
i've tried putting castor oil on my eyelashes but it burned my eyes so i had to wipe it off Sad

i also but them on my eyebrows and they really were thicker after about two to three weeks of applying castor oil
Enigma
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
i've tried putting castor oil on my eyelashes but it burned my eyes so i had to wipe it off Sad

i also but them on my eyebrows and they really were thicker after about two to three weeks of applying castor oil
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 1165
Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use it just on the tips.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock Sounds interesting! Would get it buy already placed an order at drugstore.com on the Ardell Eyelash Accelerator not too long ago. Don't wanna waste too much money! Very Happy Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
cherisse, I thought u were using JM on lashes? Also I dont think I could stand to cut my eyelashes! I have really long lashes due to JM I just could use more of them,I can see a bunch of little new ones coming in but it looks like it will be a month before they get long...I use JM twice a day and also I use a little ecrinal and ardell switching off every other day....


I am using Revitalash, and I was hoping to accelerate results by adding castor oil and ardell to it. I think I use too much castor oil, it gets in my eyes, and feels weird. I will try to just put it on the tips. Yeah, cutting the tips off is the tricky part. I'm afraid I'd cut the whole thing.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
cherisse, I thought u were using JM on lashes? Also I dont think I could stand to cut my eyelashes! I have really long lashes due to JM I just could use more of them,I can see a bunch of little new ones coming in but it looks like it will be a month before they get long...I use JM twice a day and also I use a little ecrinal and ardell switching off every other day....


I am using Revitalash, and I was hoping to accelerate results by adding castor oil and ardell to it. I think I use too much castor oil, it gets in my eyes, and feels weird. I will try to just put it on the tips. Yeah, cutting the tips off is the tricky part. I'm afraid I'd cut the whole thing.

Cherisse, I did once accidently cut my right eyelashes.. REALLY SHORT TOO! I was trimming my right eyebrows and my right eyelashes got caught in the way. It took sooo long to grow back. More than a month. But now my right eyelashes are thicker and longer than my left eye's. I'm afraid to cut the other side...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
cherisse, I thought u were using JM on lashes? Also I dont think I could stand to cut my eyelashes! I have really long lashes due to JM I just could use more of them,I can see a bunch of little new ones coming in but it looks like it will be a month before they get long...I use JM twice a day and also I use a little ecrinal and ardell switching off every other day....


I am using Revitalash, and I was hoping to accelerate results by adding castor oil and ardell to it. I think I use too much castor oil, it gets in my eyes, and feels weird. I will try to just put it on the tips. Yeah, cutting the tips off is the tricky part. I'm afraid I'd cut the whole thing.

Cherisse, I did once accidently cut my right eyelashes.. REALLY SHORT TOO! I was trimming my right eyebrows and my right eyelashes got caught in the way. It took sooo long to grow back. More than a month. But now my right eyelashes are thicker and longer than my left eye's. I'm afraid to cut the other side...


Too funny! My babysitter (she's Thai like me) cut her lashes in hope of growing them back longer. She looked so funny for 4 months, and her lashes didn't grow back any noticeably longer. So I decided not to try cutting them, too, but I cut the tips of both my boys' lashes when they were babies. Their lashes are super long and curly.
raindrop921
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 99
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
When I was 2-3, my eyelashes were really short and sparse. My grandpa cut all of my eyelashes and eyebrows while I was sleeping. And my mom told me that when it grew back, my eyebrows were really dark and thick and my eyelashes were darker, thicker and longer.

_________________
Chicago.23, asian normal to combination skin
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
raindrop921 wrote:
When I was 2-3, my eyelashes were really short and sparse. My grandpa cut all of my eyelashes and eyebrows while I was sleeping. And my mom told me that when it grew back, my eyebrows were really dark and thick and my eyelashes were darker, thicker and longer.


I think it only grows out longer when you're young. I forgot to say my babysitter was 46 when she tried this trick.
SavannahAbare
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 am      Reply with quote
i prefer to use castor oil than eyelash growth serums like revitalash. It makes me feel better that im using something 100% natural to grow my eyelashes
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 2378
Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I have used castor oil and revitalash. They really don't compare to each other but do compliment each other. I seemed to get slightly thicker lashes with castor oil and with revitlash my lashes noticeably got longer.
7Destiny
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Jul 2011
Posts: 153
Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I have used castor oil on the base of my lashes before sleep, and did see an effect with a couple of weeks. I didn't cut my lashes! I bought hexane free castor oil from Whole Foods..it was under five dollars.

I applied the castor oil with a q tip.

I didn't keep it up, I am just not that concerned about my lashes. It was more of a fun experiment I did with a friend (she also had results.) Ardelle also worked for me.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Aug 2011
Posts: 493
Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I tried castor oil on my lash for 1 week last year. I don't like the feeling because of the
castor oil is thick. I will try again to see
is it can make my lash thicker and longer.

_________________
mask
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 509
Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I cannot see the validity of cutting off the tips of your lashes making them grow thicker/longer. Just like the hair on our head, lashes are dead. Maybe the castor oil helps, but I'll stick to my Careprost, thank you very much. Laughing

_________________
49 years young, brown hair/eyes, Careprost, Ageless If You Dare, Tanaka massage ツ
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 1389
Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Did castor oil irritate your eyes?

I wonder what is in it that would make it work?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 3220
Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I use castor oil on an old clean mascara brush and brush it on root to tip. It does not make them grow longer (I have tried this experiment) but it does make them healthier/stronger, especially when you are using Careprost.

_________________
Just joined the 50 club, blonde w/ fair/sensitive skin, Texas humidity and prone to rosacea, light breakouts and sunburns, combo skin type, starting to see sundamage and fine lines
System
Automatic Message
Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Talika Eye Detox Contour Gel (1.8 ml / .063 oz - 30 applications) Donell Super Skin Correction Cream with SPF (3 oz)