Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Tarte The Toolbox Brow Know-how
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Several months back I posted that I was looking into getting a brow kit, and I asked for recommendations. The votes came back overwhelming in favor of the Anastasia kit, so I took a look at it. Actually, it seems like Anastasia has two kits, and they both looked really nice, but neither of them was a great fit for me--- the big one was just too big, and the smaller one was still too big for the stuff it had in it, and I was looking for something really small and compact that I could throw in my purse, but that was outfitted with everything I might need to take care of my brows.

My next choice was Duwop's Browwow. I LOVED the cute little pearly pink case, and I loved that it came with brow powder, wax, AND a highlighter for under the brows-- nice touch! However, unfortunately it contains castor oil which is a no-no for me, so it was on to the next choice.

Next, I took a look at Benefit's Brow-zings, but I quickly passed--- I didn't think the colors looked good, and everyone on MUA says the tweezers it comes with are worthless.

Finally I settled on Tarte's The Toolbox Brow Know-how. It's a bit expensive at $32, but I bought it back in December at beauty.com's 20% off sale, so that made it a little more easy to stomach. This toolbox really is ingenious--- it's an adorable pearlized lavender box about the size of an old-fashioned cigarette lighter, so it's small enough to throw in your purse and go. The top half opens up to reveal a large mirror, clear brow mascara, a mini brow pencil, mini tweezers (that actually work REALLY well!), and a tiny lavender angled brush. Then, the bottom half swings out to reveal colored brow powder and clear brow wax. So, pretty much no matter WHAT you need for your brows, this handy little box has it. The one thing it's missing that I wish it had is a highlighter for under the brows, but they've squeezed so many other goodies in that I really can't complain. However, I would like to give one word of caution: I have medium brown hair, but I have dark dark brown eyebrows (almost black!). I ordered the kit in "light", and it's a good match, but if it were even a hair darker it would give me groucho marx eyebrows. So, unless you have COAL black hair and brows, you might want to go for the light kit. (If you're on the fence, you can always go to Sephora and try it out.)

Oh, this kit also came with three rubber brow-shaped stencils, but they seemed pretty worthless to me, so I just binned them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review.
Very Happy
I like tarte cosmetics too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |