Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
It is SNOWING in TUCSON!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so excited...these are like, BIG FAT snowflakes, the kind we get in the Great Lakes...i.e. Lake Effect snow.

Does anyone else LOVE LOVE LOVE snow???

I love it...I didn't get it when we went back to Northern Michigan...in fact, in Tucson we have MORE SNOW than we did over Christmas in N. Michigan!!!

We are 50 miles from Mexico...this is insane...this is AWESOME!

I'm so stupidly excited right now. Everyone is coming out of their homes and in their yards. It's hard to believe (to me anyway) that a lot of these folks have never seen snow!!! The little boy next door is outdoors because he's never seen it before...his mum is so excited.
YAY!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, the weather has been crazy in CA, too. There was snow in Malibu which is a beach city, just a few days ago. My dashboard was displaying 33 degrees one morning at 7 am. It's so cold. I grumble everyday about it. I'm from Thailand, and while I don't like it as hot as Thailand, I didn't bargain for this when I moved from Maryland to California. Shock
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I am not as excited about the cold weather as you because my poor banana and papaya trees are frozen to death now. I feel so bad for them because I've had them for over a year. My dad helped me plant them when he came to visit. Wahhhhhh Crying or Very sad
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I feel really bad about your banana & papaya trees. I hope somehow they will survive.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU! I could kiss you for saying that. Somehow when I told my friends about my trees' death (or dying), they did not seem too pathetic. I secretly hope they'll come back to life. Maybe they'll know to go dormant, and sprout some new leaves in spring.

Skincare wrote:
I feel really bad about your banana & papaya trees. I hope somehow they will survive.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can call your local plant store and ask them. I wonder if it would help (if you can) cover your trees with plastic. Here in Canada, some people do that with small trees, until they get older, every winter.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I thought about putting an umbrella over my little papaya tree, but I wonder if it's too late. I need to consult with a nursery for sure. Thank you for your suggestion. Smile

Skincare wrote:
Maybe you can call your local plant store and ask them. I wonder if it would help (if you can) cover your trees with plastic. Here in Canada, some people do that with small trees, until they get older, every winter.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, I'm so sorry to hear about your banana and papaya trees! However, the picture in my mind of the little papaya holding an umbrella is really cute! Very Happy

I would definitely consult with nursery to find out what you can do for your trees. The orange growers use heaters under the trees when the weather goes bad like its been.

I do not like this cold either. I am a Southern California native and I don't think its ever been this cold for this long. It was 40 degrees at 7:15 the other morning when I left L.A. to go back down to Newport Beach to have my hair done!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and Paris, I'm happy for you that you get to have some snow! I had never been outside when snow was actually falling until I went to visit my parents after they moved to Tennessee! I was very much an adult when that happened!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I grew up in snow...I remember as a kid spending HOURS in the snow...and I grew up next to a small ski resort, I could ski before I could ride a bike.

It was so extremely depressing to stay here in AZ last year for Christmas, when it was 60 degrees out on Dec. 25th. Just as people cannot imagine living where snow falls annually, I CANNOT imagine living...at least permanently...in a place that does not.

It's just too much a part of what makes me happy.
I was dancing around...it was funny, some lady said "oh my it's a blizzard out here!" and I was like "Naw, lady, you can see the ground...try adding another 4 feet and counting...then it's at least the start of a blizzard!"

Snow snow snow snow snow......yay snow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm on the South coast of England and it's been really mild here this Winter, so much so that all my spring plants are flowering and I have a beautiful Camellia full of huge red flowers that should NOT be flowering yet. But we are supposed to have some plummeting temperatures shortly, which means all my plants will probably not survive the cold.

Supposedly all down to global warming.
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I am on the East Coast of England and have a Camelia just in flower,also beautiful huge orange Carnations. We have snow forecast this week.I put large plastic bags or garden fleece over the more delicate plants.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the south west of England, and it's been incredibly mild all winter so far - we even have daffodils sprouting already. I don't think they'll survive the frost that is forecast for the rest of this week though Sad .
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I grew up in snow...I remember as a kid spending HOURS in the snow...and I grew up next to a small ski resort, I could ski before I could ride a bike.

It was so extremely depressing to stay here in AZ last year for Christmas, when it was 60 degrees out on Dec. 25th. Just as people cannot imagine living where snow falls annually, I CANNOT imagine living...at least permanently...in a place that does not.

It's just too much a part of what makes me happy.
I was dancing around...it was funny, some lady said "oh my it's a blizzard out here!" and I was like "Naw, lady, you can see the ground...try adding another 4 feet and counting...then it's at least the start of a blizzard!"

Snow snow snow snow snow......yay snow!

Actually, it snowed a bit here in Scottsdale, too!! I couldn't believe it! Shock Pretty cool, though...

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
When we were in Vegas week before last it started snowing. Thought it might be a sign, along with the fact that there was a ------------ convention at the Venetian where we were staying. I decided to come home before hell froze over! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ya wanna talk snow? ROFL For the 5th weekend in a row, we got a storm.. And it wasn't the 1-3 piddly inches they promised. We had at least another foot in my yard.. This makes about 8', in 5 weeks.. UNofficial, of course.. Those amounts are always WAY LESS than what people really get...LOL

I feel so bad for all y'alls trees, plants and flowers... But DON'T cover them with plastic! A bucket is OK, but NOT sheeting.. Newspaper is good too, blankets are great..

Stay warm everyone.. I know so many aren't anywhere near being used to this...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
When we were in Vegas week before last it started snowing. Thought it might be a sign, along with the fact that there was a ------------ convention at the Venetian where we were staying. I decided to come home before hell froze over! Laughing

O M G !!! Annie you are so funny! I think I know what those little dashes spell out, and you're right - it was a good idea for you to leave before hell really DID freeze over! Laughing

Dontcha just love global warming? We are freezing our butts off here in L.A. - I wonder what this summer is going to be like?

And I was just WAITING for Kiki to chime in on SNOW! I have a friend in Colorado who loves snow, but is just miserable right now because they've been inundated!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
not much snow in Northeast, all went to west and south.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
That's so funny that they edited out my word! It wasn't even dirty!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That's so funny that they edited out my word! It wasn't even dirty!

Now I wanna know what it was!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
ROFL, MG.. Yep, I'll chime in.. NOT to brag, but to hopefully make everyone feel so much better about their snow... Wink {But just in case there is a contest, I win! ROFL}

I love and adore it too, I think I've mentioned I was born in a blizzard...LOL It's not so much I'm over snow, I am however so over shoveling it! Where does your friend live? Clsoe to me? I'm always looking for new friends...LOLO

I wanna know what the word was too, Annie! That's so funny...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
ROFL, MG.. Yep, I'll chime in.. NOT to brag, but to hopefully make everyone feel so much better about their snow... Wink {But just in case there is a contest, I win! ROFL}

I love and adore it too, I think I've mentioned I was born in a blizzard...LOL It's not so much I'm over snow, I am however so over shoveling it! Where does your friend live? Clsoe to me? I'm always looking for new friends...LOLO

I wanna know what the word was too, Annie! That's so funny...

Kiki, you win big time! Yes, you are offering us all a little perspective ... here I am complaining about the cold in Los Angeles and you folks in the Denver area are able to build snowmen in your living room!

My friends are in Englewood ... is that close by you? They're in a 'burb south of Denver, too (I think)!

Maybe I'm wrong about Annie's word ... if she says it wasn't dirty, then I must be (I thought it was the "P" word!).
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Your friends are close to me.. I'm in Highlands Ranch {which is right next to, and included as a part of, Littleton}

Well, I'd be complaining too, if I lived in LA, and it snowed and iced up like it did.. AZ too!

Even with what we've gotten, it's nothing in comparison to what the east usually gets! I'll take 8', over 30'+...LOL

I was thinking the same as you, on the word.. One of them anyway.. I can't figure out what was 'bleeped' out, that isn't dirty... Hopefully Annie will clear this up for us...LOL I did a google search and there was nothing of a questionable nature where she was.. That was listed anyway... The Sands however, had a adult entertainment convention...LOL

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |