Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
how can I thicken my thinning hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
My bangs are really thin. They never used to be. Is there a simple method I could incorporate into my routine? Thanks.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Try a little mixoidol.You can buy 3 bottles at walmart under the equate name for 16.00. I also heard that Jan Marini came out with an awesome hair growth product I am anxious to try that since I tried her eyelash formula and it really lengthened my lashes a lot. There is a great product called PHYTOVOLUME ACTIF .Its made in france for the Ales Group. It says PHYTO on the label. It is a volumizer spray. If used as directed on the label it adds lots of volume to the hair...I use it when I have time it makes me look like I have twice the hair that I do. Its expensive 22 for a small bottle but it works incredibly well.,I bought it at Kamay stores.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that. will certainly look into it.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
You might also try getting a silk pillow case to help stop breakage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19903&highlight=

A good thread.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Anyone tried Redken? My friend is using it. And it's really fabulous!!!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mix KGF from skin actives into the Minoxidol. It works for me. Also the sea kelp bioferment mixed with conditioner seems to "plump" my hair (see that thread).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
Anyone tried Redken? My friend is using it. And it's really fabulous!!!

The Redken anti-snap is really good for strengthing hair and making it healthier, just don't use it too much or else it causes protien build up.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Try a little mixoidol.You can buy 3 bottles at walmart under the equate name for 16.00. I also heard that Jan Marini came out with an awesome hair growth product I am anxious to try that since I tried her eyelash formula and it really lengthened my lashes a lot. There is a great product called PHYTOVOLUME ACTIF .Its made in france for the Ales Group. It says PHYTO on the label. It is a volumizer spray. If used as directed on the label it adds lots of volume to the hair...I use it when I have time it makes me look like I have twice the hair that I do. Its expensive 22 for a small bottle but it works incredibly well.,I bought it at Kamay stores.

Lucyluc,
Is this called Equate mixoidol at walmart, or does it go by another name instead of mixoidol, I couldn't find it there. Is there a special section that it is in- pharmacy or shampoo aisle??
Thanks so much
CG
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that when you stop using minoxidyl that your hair will fall back out - my hair stylist told me that. She said I should use either Nioxin or Therapro because they did not contain the hair growth chemical that minoxidyl does. Just thought you might want to know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Walmart carries both rogaine and their version of it under the equate brand-its minoxidol the same stuff as rogaine just cheaper-its in the hair aisle I think the mens section for hair stuff,its only 16 for 3bottles I think.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Try the hair pill at walmart too,its only 5.Yes your hair will fall if you stop using..its a maintenance thing...you have to keep brushing your teeth or they will fall out and you have to keep using minoxidol or your new hair will fall....
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for the hair pill and either nioxin of therapro. PM carekate and get some of her hair serum that would probably be even better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the whole Nioxin system and found that my hair appeared much thicker. During menopause my hair went though an aweful stage being thin and weak.

Quote:
I have heard that when you stop using minoxidyl that your hair will fall back out - my hair stylist told me that. She said I should use either Nioxin or Therapro because they did not contain the hair growth chemical that minoxidyl does. Just thought you might want to know.

I agree that you have to be very careful of products that your hair becomes dependant on.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Nioxin off and on for a couple of years and found the shampoo to be a little bit too stripping. I have been using the scalp therapy spray for the last few weeks with Pureology shampoo and have found that my hair is definately getting thicker and I can see new growth. I am going to stick with this for awhile.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Mix KGF from skin actives into the Minoxidol. It works for me. Also the sea kelp bioferment mixed with conditioner seems to "plump" my hair (see that thread).
In addition to the sea kelp bioferment, you might also try adding some coconut endosperm into your shampoo or conditioner as it is "cell food" that appears to stimlates hair growth (Katee makes a homemade shampoo containing SK-bio, coconut endosperm and a few other goodies that she said helped thicken up her sister's hair after a reaction to taking a certain prescription drug).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
OH,i have the same thin bangs !I used so many kinds of shampoo,condition,hair mask ...but they did't work Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
there is a new product from europe - Alpecin, that help hair grow faster.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Swissmiss: What does this do? Can we get it in the US?
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
It was in the news last week, you can google it. Apparently caffine was shown to help hair folicles grow faster. It interferes with the androgen in the folicles. I am going to try it.

I am using a product called Alpicort F that is also helping me. I do not know if they are in the US but could imagine you can order them. I see they are on ebay.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |