Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
spaghetti recipe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Post your spaghetti recipe's
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a simple one...

Brown lean ground beef with chopped onions and garlic until the onions are clear and the meat is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Add a jar of your favorite tomato based sauce and simmer. Chop up some fresh basil stir it in just before serving.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh..

Now I want spahgetti tonight. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Today for lunch I made corn penne. ( I never had corn pasta before.. it was very good.) Roasted garlic and tomatoes sauce, with added smoked tuna and artichokes, and a generous sprinkling of cayenne.

I ate it all without too much of a struggle Cool
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Today for lunch I made corn penne. ( I never had corn pasta before.. it was very good.) Roasted garlic and tomatoes sauce, with added smoked tuna and artichokes, and a generous sprinkling of cayenne.

I've never had corn pasta before -- what's it like? I imagine that it tastes like popcorn... am I right? Laughing
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I adore spaghetti marinara and have only ever had decent ones at top restaurants. Does anyone have a recipe, particularly the sauce which I prefer to contain a garlic flavour.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:44 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
catski wrote:

I've never had corn pasta before -- what's it like? I imagine that it tastes like popcorn... am I right? Laughing

tam, it's yellow of course,and mild tasting. very easy to eat. yes.... like popcorn, in fact!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Another garlic fan here.

My recipes is pretty basic BUT -

Tomato puree (not sauce, too thin)
onions
garlic
oregano
salt
pepper
pinch of sugar

The key I found (for my version - Vampire Killer, lol) is to roast a large head of fresh garlic til it's soft then add it into the sauce. It really seems to allow the sweetness of the garlic to shine thru and flavors the sauce so nicely.

I'll add part to the sauce that's simmering and reserve part to add to the ground meat (ground turkey is FAB in this BTW). Once it's lightly browned I'll add it to the sauce and allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally for about an hour. The longer you simmer the better the ingredients have to marry but the inclusion of the sugar allows the sauce to lose some it's 'just made' flavor.

bushy wrote:
I adore spaghetti marinara and have only ever had decent ones at top restaurants. Does anyone have a recipe, particularly the sauce which I prefer to contain a garlic flavour.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi my favourite is a *healthy* Carbonara.

Serves 2

125gm Spaghetti
1 egg
1 clove garlic,crushed.
1 table spoon creme fraiche
small spoon parmesan
3 Turkey rashers, chopped
chopped parsley
salt and freshly gound pepper

Fry chopped Turkey rashers,or lean bacon, mushrooms and garlic,beat egg, creme fraiche, grated parmesan together.Add black pepper. When spahetti is cooked add turkey rashers and stir in egg mix,the hot spaghetti cooks the egg, garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
The key I found (for my version - Vampire Killer, lol) is to roast a large head of fresh garlic til it's soft then add it into the sauce. It really seems to allow the sweetness of the garlic to shine thru and flavors the sauce so nicely.

I'll add part to the sauce that's simmering and reserve part to add to the ground meat (ground turkey is FAB in this BTW). Once it's lightly browned I'll add it to the sauce and allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally for about an hour. The longer you simmer the better the ingredients have to marry but the inclusion of the sugar allows the sauce to lose some it's 'just made' flavor.

Maureenall, that's sounds awesome! I love garlic; will definitely have to try this next time. Very Happy
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here's mine- it has a bit of a spicy kick to it, but I cheat and use bottled tomato sauce:

1/2 larege onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
15 mushrooms- sliced
2 cloves of garlic crushed (not the whole garlic, just 2 of those pieces of it, not sure if it is called a clove or not)
2 tablespoons salt
1 table spoon paprika
1/2 tea soon red chili pepper
1 table spoon garam masala (check out an indian store)
2 bottles of Cattelli Fine Herb pasta sauce

need 2 pots:
in one pot- brown the ground beef

in the other pot:
throw onions, garlic and green pepper in pan with about 2 table spoons of canola oil

When about 1/2 cooked throw in salt and spices

Add mushrooms- wait until cooked

Add the cooked ground beef to the vegetables.

Add the two bottle of pasta sauce.

Bring to a boil and keep on heat for about 15 mins

There you go, a pasta sauce with a kick!

I sometimes freeze my sauce and use it later, it becomes even more flavorful in the freezer.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the info. Keep going...good to know good recipe.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Candy, sounds like a very tasty but simple recipe.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
This is my favorite! Everyone goes crazy for these meatballs. I think the currants and pine nuts make them...I'm drooling thinking about them Smile The link has the rest of the instructions.

Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

Meatballs
2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 large egg
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons dried currants

1 pound spaghetti

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/102117

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
This recipe is super simple but the flavors all come together nicely.

Spaghetti with Tuna Sauce

-Saute either minced garlic or onions in Olive Oil until soft
-Add 4-5 anchovie fillets and let simmer until they can break apart with a spoon or fork
-Add one can of chopped tomatoes (or about 400 grams of tomatoe sauce) and saute until it reduces a bit
-Stir in a large can of tuna and fresh chopped parsley and let simmer for a few minutes
-Salt to taste
-Toss with spaghetti and stir together for a minute on stove
-Add a bit of crushed red pepper if you like

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
The easiest and quickest Italian spaghetti meal would have to be "Spaghetti Aglio e Olio" which means Spaghetti Garlic and Oil.

Cut up some garlic very finely and sautee in a pan with extra virgin oilve oil. Sprinkle in some dried chili peppers or chop up some freshy spicy cayenne peppers really finely. Cook pasta til "Al Dente" and move to pan with oil and garlic. Stir all together and serve. Easy peasy! You may want to sprinkle some parmiggiano reggiano cheese on as well for some extra flavour. (Mmmmmm cheese! LOL Wink)This dish is often made with anchovies or sardines as well, but tastes great as is. I make this all the time when I'm not feeling creative and just want a good plate of pasta. They key here is using a very good olive oil. Even though I'm Italian I prefer Spanish olive oil (GASP! Shock I know, Blasphemy. LOL Laughing But I find the olives have a bit more of a piquante taste which I really like.) Make sure to have some nice crunchy garlic bread to go with it and a nice glass of wine to wash it all down. Yum! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately for me it has to be simple - no green peppers, no mushrooms or no one but me will eat it! Crying or Very sad

bushy wrote:
Thanks Candy, sounds like a very tasty but simple recipe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Being brought up in an Italian family pasta is a staple in my house (for those who know me don't let my marriage name "Mac" fool you) Laughing . I have several nice receipts for spagetti. Recently I have tried one of Rachael Ray's favorites and my family loves it:

1 pound of ground beef, lean
1 egg, beaten
1/2 small cooking or boiling onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of grated Parmigiano (a handful)
1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs ( 2 handfuls)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil ( once around the pan)
1/2 cup of beef broth or dry red wine (a couple of splashes)
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon ( 2 shakes) crushed red pepper flakes
2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped , or 2 pinches dried
A palmful chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
3/4 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente, about 8 minutes
Grated Parmigiano cheese and garlic bread, for the table
----------------------------------------
Combine meat, egg, onion, garlic, grated cheese, bread crumbs, and a little pepper in a bowl.
Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle in oil. Roll small balls and drop into hot pan. When all the meat is rolled and in the pan, give the pan a good shake and cover. Cook meatballs for 8 minutes, giving the pan a good shake frequently to keep meat from burning. If balls are browning too quickly, reduce heat a little.
Add broth or wine and let reduce for 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes, then oregano and parsley. Simmer until pasta is ready. Toss pasta with sauce and serve with garlic bread and grated cheese for topping.

Don't forget the red wine. Drool
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
The easiest and quickest Italian spaghetti meal would have to be "Spaghetti Aglio e Olio" which means Spaghetti Garlic and Oil.

Cut up some garlic very finely and sautee in a pan with extra virgin oilve oil. Sprinkle in some dried chili peppers or chop up some freshy spicy cayenne peppers really finely. Cook pasta til "Al Dente" and move to pan with oil and garlic. Stir all together and serve. Easy peasy! You may want to sprinkle some parmiggiano reggiano cheese on as well for some extra flavour. (Mmmmmm cheese! LOL Wink)This dish is often made with anchovies or sardines as well, but tastes great as is. I make this all the time when I'm not feeling creative and just want a good plate of pasta. They key here is using a very good olive oil. Even though I'm Italian I prefer Spanish olive oil (GASP! Shock I know, Blasphemy. LOL Laughing But I find the olives have a bit more of a piquante taste which I really like.) Make sure to have some nice crunchy garlic bread to go with it and a nice glass of wine to wash it all down. Yum! Very Happy

Wildflower, is this an Italian dish. I had actually forgotten about this recipe because I haven't eaten it for nearly 15 years. I had a friend from Austria and this was his favourite dish although he mixed the parmesan through the spaghetti before serving. It really was scrumptious. He was from the Tirole area of Austria so I am curious to know if its origins are Italian or Austrian.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Wildflower, is this an Italian dish. I had actually forgotten about this recipe because I haven't eaten it for nearly 15 years. I had a friend from Austria and this was his favourite dish although he mixed the parmesan through the spaghetti before serving. It really was scrumptious. He was from the Tirole area of Austria so I am curious to know if its origins are Italian or Austrian.

Hi Bushy,
I'm not Wildflower but I can tell you that the origin of this dish is definitely Italian.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

It's definitely an Italian dish as far as I know, but I'm sure that with Austria bordering Italy, many native dishes may have been adapted north of Italy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Spaghetti is my husband's favorite meal, so I've come up w/ a healthy version that he and the kids will eat and that I feel good serving.

2 lbs ground sirloin or turkey breast
1 lg onion
3 lg cans crushed tomatoes (I use Contadina Roasted garlic - SOOOOO much less sugar than normal spag sauce)
salt, pepper, garlic, oregano to taste
1 pckg WHOLE WHEAT (not a "blend") capellini
fresh grated parm chees

Using the whole wheat pasta and crushed tomatoes makes me feel so much better about giving them pasta so often.
Bolla
5% products discount

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, you know what I do?

I throw all of my ingredients into an oven-safe pot, like a Dutch oven, or even one of those meat roasting pans at 375 degrees and bake away! Nice, concentrated tomato flavor. Very rich! Razz

I alternate what I add to my sauce, too. A lot of times I broil some chopped pepperoni and add it to my sauce. Sometimes I toss in a broiled lamb chop. It varies.

But yeah, try roasting your sauce next time. Awesome!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,
I'm salivating over your recipe!

CG
Bolla
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, what about mine? I promise it's good! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |