Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you think that....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
massaging the area between your eyebrows daily for an extended period of time could prevent 11's from getting worse?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Im not sure, I have read that a gentle massage all around the eye area several times a day will relieve tension and relax your muscles. It makes sense that it might prevent wrinkles to some extent, at least you wouldnt be flexing them all the time...

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think Weleda's Larch Comp. Resin Lotion works for that. It relaxes the area and you can really feel it.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I think Weleda's Larch Comp. Resin Lotion works for that. It relaxes the area and you can really feel it.

Do you still use this?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
There is a product called Frownies that is supposed to be good for that area. I think some ladies on here have tried it. I need to get my hands on it if it works!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anomoly
There are people who believe in special 'wrinkle rubbing' techniques for elimination.
I first saw this idea when I used to lurk on the Flexeffect forum several years ago. There was a man with a web page who claimed to have rubbed away all his wrinkles over a couple of years. There were apparantly convincing photos, but I never saw it.

I was looking again for this recently and came across another bunch of face exercisers claiming results for wrinkle rubbing.

Natural Facelift by Juliette Kando has similar techniques and I tried them for several weeks. You get some temporary plumping with it, but I never had the patience to continue with it long enough to know if it really works.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I'll just explain the Kando technique from memory.

First you press down on the wrinkle a few times and hold for a few seconds. You want to draw blood to it. Then massage in small circular movements up and down it with a finger. Then place a finger lying flat on both sides of the wrinkle and push one side up and the other down - so moving the fingers in opposite directions. This supposedly breaks up the underlying tissue. You do this about 3 times, 10 movements. Then to round off you press down again to encourage blood flow.

I suppose it's like using glycolic; you invoke damage to stimulate repair.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
There is a product called Frownies that is supposed to be good for that area. I think some ladies on here have tried it. I need to get my hands on it if it works!

I have them. They don't seem to do much for me. I've worn them for about 3 months, almost daily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I'll just explain the Kando technique from memory.

First you press down on the wrinkle a few times and hold for a few seconds. You want to draw blood to it. Then massage in small circular movements up and down it with a finger. Then place a finger lying flat on both sides of the wrinkle and push one side up and the other down - so moving the fingers in opposite directions. This supposedly breaks up the underlying tissue. You do this about 3 times, 10 movements. Then to round off you press down again to encourage blood flow.

I suppose it's like using glycolic; you invoke damage to stimulate repair.

That's interesting. What I was thinking was relaxing the muscle would help... I seem to have a constant strain in my forehead, and after alot of stress for so long, it doesn't go away. I feel my 11's (I call it that, but it's more like a 1), I feel the tension constantly. There is a little indent there... it's not like a wrinkle so much as a permanent indentation in the underlying muscle. ???

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I know what you're describing exactly anomoly. Sounds just like what I've got. That's why I was looking into the wrinkle rubbing. After seeing what plastic surgeons do to fused forehead muscles like that, ie. they break the attachments to the bone with a knife and it smooths out, I thought I wonder if I can break those attachments manually with really vigorous massage. I did it for about 3 weeks and made my forehead really sore.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I have a very short forehead, which my derm in Florida used to call "extremely mobile" Laughing . I have very deep 11s and horizontal lines, and have pretty much given up on botox as I'm not getting good results here in the UK so I might just have to give this a try!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I have a very short forehead, which my derm in Florida used to call "extremely mobile" Laughing . I have very deep 11s and horizontal lines, and have pretty much given up on botox as I'm not getting good results here in the UK so I might just have to give this a try!

There are some people online doing this along with facial exercises they believe you also need to reset the connections. I don't have time to try and find them again, but you could. You have to really dig into the muscles in a punishing way with your fingertips I reckon. Might try it again too Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm still considering getting the NuFace to work on some of my lower face sagging issues (I sound like I'm just melting away, don't I Laughing ), I wonder if it would help this area more if combined with this technique. Hmm....
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it would help for that Fifi. That tends to be characterised by muscle atrophy AKA droop, whereas the seriously lumpy forehead tends to be characterised by over-developed muscles.
I think the same; the more I post the uglier I must sound. I actually look very nice, honest Razz
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Ah joy, I have over-developed muscles and atrophy all at the same time!! It's a miracle small children don't run away in the street Laughing .
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
aha, sounds interesting!
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I did it for about 3 weeks and made my forehead really sore.

Laughing The things we do to look younger!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:

Laughing The things we do to look younger!

No! In the interests of science - that's what I'm telling them Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |