Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried/heard of Sovage Tummy Flattening Gel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just read about Sovage TFG, I think in this month's Redbook? There aren't any reviews on MUA or EDS, just wondering if anyone's tried or heard of this gel?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I hope its as simple as it sounds!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have not heard of it. I doubt it would work though. It seems all these magic creams don't seem to work.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I also saw this ad in a mgazine. My first thought was, sounds too good to be true! I would definitely have to see some reviews from forum members before I'd purchase this. Any guinea pigs out there? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Sounds very interesting, looking forward to some reviews.
Sounds too good to be true though. Doubt
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
They make it sound really 'scientific' by using the term "Epidril". I looked that up and found that it was "Epidril Cutting Gel" which is something that Sandy has actually used before to try to burn body fat in the stomach area. Here are the ingredients of that product.

Lecithin, Water (Aqua), Octyl Palmitate, Alcohol, Glycerin, Aminophylline, Carmel Color, Fragrance, Ethylenediamine, Vitamin E, Carbomber, Propylene Glycol, BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl & Butylcarbamate.

The "actives" in this product are the Aminophylline and to a small extend, citric acid. The reason they focus on aminophylline is from a few studies on the product when it was used as an asthma medication. It was shown to increase circulation and therefore, metabolism. It was not long after that when the "fat burner" industry picked up on this and figured if you could get this through the skin, the metabolism "may" speed up and fat cells "may" be metabolized faster.

There may be some truth to this. However, Sandy did not see great results.

SO! I then reformulated the cutting gel formula with two more items, caffeine and ruscogenins. Caffeine is also used in many skin fat burning products and anti-cellulite products. However, the ruscogenins is "my secret". I saw it mentioned by the Indena company in Spain and they had studies that showed this was a very strong sub-skin surface fat burner. I called and asked for a sample and I was told "why would you want a sample, this material costs over $1,000 per gram!!". Obviously, you are NOT going to find this material in any commercial product because of that price. However, I was able to convince him to give me a sample and I made the formula with Aminophyllin, Caffeine and Ruscogenins. Sandy has been using it ever since and yes, she does get results that are measurable.

(If you don't believe me, see the recent photos that I posted in the EDS Lounge. A good shot of her taken last October is there).

Bottom line, this product may work, but it would work very slowly. You would not see measurable results based only on a formula with Aminophyllin in any fast time frame.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info John! I saw your pics in the EDS lounge. To get yourselves into great shape like that must take SOOOO much discipline. You & Sandy look amazing! You must be very knowledgeable on the latest & greatest in slimming gels. Since I don't have $1,000/gram to spend on your secret ingredient, do you have any other recs for products that can tighten up loose skin? TIA
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Honestly leidon, I don't hold out much hope for most commercial fat burner or anti-cellulite formulas. Most are based on the aminophyllin/caffeine combination and some add citric acid derivatives too. Their action would be too slow for most of you to bother.

If you really, really want to eliminate the bodyfat, start with a good clean diet first consisting of mostly protein, minimal carbs, and good fats. Then, work out! And don't just do aerobics, you have to train with weights as well. If you build muscle with weights you create your own fat burning machine. Muscle burns fat night and day, 24/7 and the more you have the more you continue to use that bodyfat as fuel.

Thanks for the kind words on our pictures. I've been working out for 27 years straight now. I've been training Sandy for almost 10. It really does need to become a lifestyle to achieve the permanent results you really want.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I figured these miracle gels weren't going to live up to all of their hype, but thought I'd give them a try anyway. I've lost all of the baby weight from my 3rd child, but just can't seem to get rid of the loose skin on my abdomen. I've been told that there really wasn't anything that could be done with this other than surgery, which seems pretty drastic. I am watching my diet & exercising, my legs & arms are toned, but I've been at a stand still with my tummy. I can actually see my ab muscles underneath the loose skin. Is it true that exercise won't help firm this loose skin?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
I figured these miracle gels weren't going to live up to all of their hype, but thought I'd give them a try anyway. I've lost all of the baby weight from my 3rd child, but just can't seem to get rid of the loose skin on my abdomen. I've been told that there really wasn't anything that could be done with this other than surgery, which seems pretty drastic. I am watching my diet & exercising, my legs & arms are toned, but I've been at a stand still with my tummy. I can actually see my ab muscles underneath the loose skin. Is it true that exercise won't help firm this loose skin?

A really good alternative to surgery for this type of loose skin is DMAE in either 4% or (preferably) 6%. I particularly like Candy's 6% DMAE. It does take time but YES it does work.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Leidon, I have your exact problems, and I think exercise will help some, but not too much, and it takes years to tighten up loose skin. A tummy tuck is probably the answer if the problem is bad, but I can't get a tummy tuck because the doctor said I didn't have enough for him to work with. He also said it wouldn't be worth the scar. I am going to try DMAE on the loose skin, and if you have stretch marks, try eliminating them or fading them. It should help.

leidon wrote:
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
leidon, unfortunately you may be right on that topic. There is a lot you can do to eliminate the body fat and to build muscle. But, if the skin has been stretched through several pregnancies, then it may not want to firm up to your original (pre-babies) shape.

If you take a close look at Sandy's photo on the EDS Lounge site, you can see that she is unbelievably tight, everywhere, except in the tummy area. When I met Sandy, she already had 4 girls of her own! We've tried every technique I know of to tighten up the "ponsa" as she calls it but to no avail. It's her one problem spot and it sounds quite similar to what you are referring to. Keep in mind, I'm not exactly recommending a tummy tuck or anything like that. Sometimes surgeries can be more than you bargain for although I have known a few success stories...I've also seen some cases "gone wrong".

The final decision will be yours, but I would work every angle of diet and exercise before you choose anything else.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
John - Wow, I can't believe Sandy's had 4 kids. You must be an extremely motivating trainer. Maybe there is hope! She looks incredibly tight everywhere, including her abs. I guess only the eyes of a trained professional would be able to see it. Smile I am going to try to exhaust every option possible before considering a t-tuck. I also want to make absolutely sure that I am not going to have anymore kids before attempting one. So, this may be an option I will re-visit in another 5 years or so. What is your prescribed ab routine? I've heard that the abs are muscles don't necessarily need a break & can be worked out daily?

Cherisse - I know we've got the same body issues, so we'll have to keep in touch regarding what works for us. I actually just started dmae a few weeks ago on Arielle's suggestion. I ordered the dmae from skinactives, added it to distilled water, along with some hyaluronic acid & put it into a spray bottle. I use this along with Candy's 6% dmae serum. I also incorporated a c toner. I don't know if this will do anything to lift/tuck, but it can't be bad for your skin right? I figure if anything it will be for maintenance.

I've been able to get my body back into decent shape by working out 6-7 days a week. I did dvds at home since it was difficult to get to the gym w/the new baby & kiddos. I know you're suppose to give your body a break & work out only 5, but I need the stress relief. Unfortunately, I've been at a stand still with my body lately. I started running on my treadmill again to change my routine. I also decided to add in some supplements. I started Zantrex last week. There were so many options, I was thoroughly confused. I read in a magazine that some celebrities cocktail Zantrex w/Relacore. The Relacore is suppose to lower stress level/cortisol, which is associated w/belly fat. The Zantrex has alot of caffeine & I guess the Relacore helps take the edge off. The Relacore might be better for me in terms of lowering my stress level, so I may try this as well. I also don't really like the way the Zantrex makes me feel a bit edgy. Definitely not something I need while dealing w/the stress of the bar. I'm going to try it for a few weeks though & see how I do. But, seeing as how I really don't want to lose any weight, but spot tone my bust & abs, I don't know if these supplements will help. I also tried the avon lift & tuck based on the rave reviews on MUA. It worked initially, but after the first 3/4 of an inch loss, that was pretty much it. That inch loss may not have even been due to the cream, but diet/exercise.

Have you guys heard of a procedure called Thermage? This initially was used to firm the face, but has since been used to firm the skin on the tummy & bust. It isn't for those who have excessive skin, but who just need a little tightening. The results aren't very dramatic. Cherisse, this may be an option for you since you said that you don't really have enough loose skin to justify the t-tuck?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Leidon, I tried Thermage on my tummy. It did nothing whatsoever. I just wasted so much money. I couldn't remember the exact amount I paid for it, but I just knew it was too much more than I could afford. This was before I did my budget, and found I was not doing too well financially. LOL (hmm...ashamed to say I'm an accountant...just too lazy to do my own finances, or just too afraid to look maybe).
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Leidon, I forgot to say that your routines for your tummy sound great. I am doing the skinbio thing right now. I am using Lighstim too. I fell asleep with it last night. LOL My tummy is starting to feel more smooth. I hope it's not just my imagination.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse - I suspected that the thermage wouldn't deliver anything too dramatic. Even in the before & after photos I didn't see that much of a difference. I guess it would work for those who needed very little tightening of the skin. But then again, I don't think the cost would be worth it for results that subtle. I'm glad you told me about your experience, as that will save me even considering spending the 3k for the procedure! I just thought it sounded so appealing since it's alot less than the astronomical 8k+ for a t-tuck. I have the lightstim as well! I usually only use it on my face & just started using it consitently on my tummy this past week. I use my ls while I'm in my FIR sauna. I look HILARIOUS. I can only imagine how ridiculous I would look if anyone saw me. Jeez, I'd never be able to live that one down. Laughing ! But hey, if I've got a wrinkle free face & cellulite free legs, I think I'll live. How long do you use the ls on your tummy? I start around my belly button & work my way around & then do another bigger circle. How long were you using it there before you noticed any results? I think the thermage may be based on somewhat of a similar technology. Let me know if the skin bio stuff works for you. I actually decided to be the guinea pig again & went ahead & ordered the Sovage. Not expecting too much, but will report back if I see any results.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
So, leidon does it work? The ads still look too good to be true!!! Razz
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Re-bump.
truthinaging

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
The ingredients are pretty mediocre and are unproven for treating cellulite (which is what they mostly get used for). It is worth bearing in mind that the FTC charged Sovage with making false claims in 2004 and last year Nordstrom stopped stocking Tummy Flattening Gel. Back to the crunches, I'm afraid.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
NeverOvertheHill cosmetics offers a fat burning gel that several people have had luck with.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the info i was going to get it from EDS but at that price i thought it was some new exciting formula. I wont be getting it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |