Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried the Paves hair line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ashnant11003

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the shampoo and conditioner since Ive heard some good things about it.

Anyone one try it? Were you pleased with the results?

I also ordered Samy, but I read that there it Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it, so I think I might send it back.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the shampoo and conditioner. They are okay, but there are others that I like better.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
whats your favorite jeanine? my hair is pretty damaged from getting highlights last summer, and im trying to find something to restore my hairs shine and strength Crying or Very sad
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried. I just ordered Jason Shaman's moisturizing shampoo and conditioner from Vitacost.com because it doesn't have Laureth Sulfate. There's another web site that Katee recommended which sells shampoo w/o SLS. Can't remember what the web site is called.
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
take a look at these threads. they might provide you with some additional info:)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7256&highlight=paves+professional+sulfates
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7519&highlight=paves+professional+sulfates

you can also check out the product reviews on makeup alley.
i have the no sulfates shampoo and the milk conditioner right now. the shampoo smells sort of like pinesol. i've gotten used to it though. it is very thick. i found it easier to use after i added a few tablespoons of ACV. i do shake it every time to get it mixed up.
all in all, i found them to be ok but i will continue to look for something better once i have used them up.
hth!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you order from? I'm interested but can't find anywhere that ships these internationally.
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Ashnant11003--
I have been using the Paves Flawless No Sulfates shampoo and I like it, here's why. I have very long hair that I have been coloring red (to enhance my color) for a few years now, and I have to be very gentle with it. Well, I found that most shampoos (since most have sulfates) would make my hair fade pretty quickly. And, the color depositing ones would eventually leave residue. So, for this reason Paves is great because it has no sulfates, it's quite gentle and it's inexpensive. But, keep in mind that unlike shampoos that contain sulfates and other ingredients like silicones (dimethicone is a popular one) to coat the hair and make it feel smooth even before you condition, Paves shampoo will not leave your hair feeling soft after you shampoo. Just be sure to use a nice rich conditioner. I personally didn't like the Paves conditioner too much, I didn't think that it did that much for my hair. I don't know if it's ok to do this, but here's a link to a hair forum that you can get lots and lots of great info about maintaining your hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php

I have almost waist long hair that I've managed to grow out and keep very healthy and shiny. The longhaircommunity forum is where I learned alot of great info on keeping hair healthy!

Hope this helps!! Sorry for the loooong speach, but I love hair talk as well! Very Happy I know, I'm a bit of a dork. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, one more thing. A great way to get shine back in your hair is after you shampoo and condition use a mixture of 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in about 1 liter of water and rinse the conditioner with the ACV water. Then rinse a little more with regular water from the shower. I do it about once every 2 weeks, but you'll find what works best for your hair, and if you go to the longhair forum you can get more info on the ACV rinses.

Good luck! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently digging Fekkai. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way. I also use Garnier and alternate with Fekkai. I highlight my own hair saving big on salon costs, so I figure I can afford to splurge on good basics. That said, I think the best thing for improving hair is a good vitamin supplement designed especially for hair. It takes a while to work, but you'll really see a difference in the long run.

ashnant11003 wrote:
whats your favorite jeanine? my hair is pretty damaged from getting highlights last summer, and im trying to find something to restore my hairs shine and strength Crying or Very sad

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
lola wrote:
Oh yes, one more thing. A great way to get shine back in your hair is after you shampoo and condition use a mixture of 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in about 1 liter of water and rinse the conditioner with the ACV water. Then rinse a little more with regular water from the shower. I do it about once every 2 weeks, but you'll find what works best for your hair, and if you go to the longhair forum you can get more info on the ACV rinses.

Good luck! Smile

thanks a bunch! very informative!! and can you get apple cider vinegar from the supermarket? ive never heard of it before
ashnant11003

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
and for who asked where i ordered it from, i ordered it from walgreens, but im not sure if they ship internationally though
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
At Carekate's original suggestion on a thread way back then, I have been using the whole line now for over a year and love it!! The conditioner works better than the shampoo for me, but I swear by the hairspray, control cream and shine serum. Love the stuff, love the price and thanks again Carekate.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
do you like the shine serum better? or the mousse? i ordered the shine serum
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi ashnant11003!

Ive used Paves in the past, while I did like it I had to stop using it due to scalp issues I was having. I dont think that its the end all be all of haircare but, it was decent for the price. My hair is virgin--no color, minimal heat styling--so I cant comment on how it would work for damaged hair. I remember it being gentle yet effective though. Im currently using Giovanni organic shampoo and conditioner, this line is also SLS free and its cleared up my flaky, itchy scalp.

What ever you do, steer clear of the Paves shine serum, its a dud.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I just started using the Paves shampoo and conditioner. The only thing I have used that I liked better was Pureology. I would like to know if anyone has used the Paves styling mousse eand what they thought.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
The shine serum worked better for me than biosilk, which I now have heard is bad for your hair. But I have highlighted hair, so anything helps! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I need volume. I've gotten the shine back and the breakage seems to be alot better. I have fine thin hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I've tried both and it's okay. For some reason though the no sulfate shampoo somewhat dries my hair out. I started a routine where I don't shampoo anymore and just use conditioner to wash and condition the hair. I really like the shine serum but there's bit some debate recently on whether it was reformulated and have some silicones in it now, since then I haven't used it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lola, I saw your picture, and I agree that your hair is just gorgeous. I have to check out the long hair web site now.

lola wrote:
Ashnant11003--
I have been using the Paves Flawless No Sulfates shampoo and I like it, here's why. I have very long hair that I have been coloring red (to enhance my color) for a few years now, and I have to be very gentle with it. Well, I found that most shampoos (since most have sulfates) would make my hair fade pretty quickly. And, the color depositing ones would eventually leave residue. So, for this reason Paves is great because it has no sulfates, it's quite gentle and it's inexpensive. But, keep in mind that unlike shampoos that contain sulfates and other ingredients like silicones (dimethicone is a popular one) to coat the hair and make it feel smooth even before you condition, Paves shampoo will not leave your hair feeling soft after you shampoo. Just be sure to use a nice rich conditioner. I personally didn't like the Paves conditioner too much, I didn't think that it did that much for my hair. I don't know if it's ok to do this, but here's a link to a hair forum that you can get lots and lots of great info about maintaining your hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php

I have almost waist long hair that I've managed to grow out and keep very healthy and shiny. The longhaircommunity forum is where I learned alot of great info on keeping hair healthy!

Hope this helps!! Sorry for the loooong speach, but I love hair talk as well! Very Happy I know, I'm a bit of a dork. Very Happy
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse--Thank you for the compliment, I saw your pic as well--so beautiful!

Ashnant11003- Yes, apple cider vinegar can be bought at the supermarket. It should be where the normal clear vinegars are. Also, if you pick up the ACV don't be worried if you see something floating around on the inside of the bottle, a "cobweb-like" substance, it's called the Mother. It's usually inside raw, unfiltered brands of apple cider vinegar. Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
lola wrote:
I personally didn't like the Paves conditioner too much, I didn't think that it did that much for my hair.
My sentiments exactly! I LOVE the Paves shampoo but was underwhelmed by the conditioning cream and conditioning milk....(and I used to worship the Paves shine serum until I realized -- only recently -- that he changed the formula to include dimethicone).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |