Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Make-up for OILY SKIN! HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello friends. Need your help! I am 38 with oily skin, thick skin, asian-olive, very few wrinkles on forehead, and I do break out on my chin when I am about to menstruate. Need to know what make-up to use. Should I use mineral powder make-up or liquid? Afraid that my skin is so oily that it may not do well with MMU. I have only tried BE and it was not good with my skin! Thanks to you all!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't base your MMU experience on BE. I have oily skin and wore it for years only to put up with the terrible shine.

I use Decleor YY oil and balm to retrain my oily skin, along with Everyday Minerals MMU in matte. I just ordered Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Oil-Free as many on here are starting to rave about layering MMU over something like a tinted moisturizer. I'll never go back to liquid foundation, I love MMU too much.

You don't need to conform to your oily skin, make it conform to YOU! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Paris, thank you. I have had such a tough time weening myself off of liquid. Do you do anything to blot oil production during the day?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I carry around a Bobbi Brown compact just in case. I've noticed that as soon as I use liquid again (I still have my oil-free Chanel that I try to wear for special occasions) I have to blot. But I sandwich my MMU between CareKate's Silk dust (I've added pearl powder to it, but she has a version with pearl powder) which is just like Jurlique but better.

I also use CareKate's Pearl creme.

So my routine in the AM to help combat oil and breakouts:

I Feel Pretty BHA/AHA (wait 30 minutes)
I Feel Pretty Antioxidant mist (don't think it does anything for oil, but I love it).
Spot treat with I Feel Pretty Healing Serum AFTER I put on CareKate's Pearl Creme.
Decleor YY oil in T-zone only (after Pearl Creme)
Let that set for 10 minutes.
Dust on Pearl/Silk dust
MMY
Another dusting of pearl/Silk Dust

Then apply the rest of my makeup.

I plan on switching to either CareKate's YY oil or I Feel Pretty Clarifying serum once my Decleor runs low (if ever! It lasts and lasts...)

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Awesome. Where do I purchase CareKate's and I Feel Pretty? Thank you for your list!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I wouldn't base your MMU experience on BE. I have oily skin and wore it for years only to put up with the terrible shine.

I use Decleor YY oil and balm to retrain my oily skin, along with Everyday Minerals MMU in matte. I just ordered Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Oil-Free as many on here are starting to rave about layering MMU over something like a tinted moisturizer. I'll never go back to liquid foundation, I love MMU too much.

You don't need to conform to your oily skin, make it conform to YOU! Smile

I second not compairing MMU to BE, they are to me like scraping the bottom of the barrel!

I love Uglogirlwww.Uglogirl.com If you have trouble finding a color match just email Melissa the owner, she is so nice and will do whatever it takes to get a perfect color match and make you happy! 10% off code EDS10-To-Glo!, not sure if it applies to samples but if you find a good match with a sample and order a full size at checkout use this code(SAMPLEREBATE)+the other one to get 2.50 off the full size purchase.

Alima is a close secondwww.Alima.com 15% off code CELEBRATE

I too have oily skin, I find that if I use a finishing dust like Jurlique or any of the ones that Uglogirl offers I dont need to blot at all. It helps to dust on a finishing dust as a primer, then put on your MMU, then another layer of Finishing dust, I stay shine free almost all day.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Awesome. Where do I purchase CareKate's and I Feel Pretty? Thank you for your list!

CareKate is a member here on EDS...she doesn't have a website, but you can PM her about any of her products and to order direclty from her.

I Feel Pretty www.ifeelprettyproducts.com

Both are excellent products, great gals to deal with, and inexpensive!!!
HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin in the summer and I love....
Revlon Colorstay (they make one for oily skin)

Neutrogena Skin Tint (with SA in it for breakouts)

Mineral Makeup (I like BE but also amoraleigh and GloMinerals)
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with what the others said--- many oily-skinned ladies have had bad experiences with BE--- it's not just you! I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and I have found my HG foundation in Alima's Mineral Make up. It literally makes my skin look airbrushed, and it controls oil and NEVER clogs my pores. If you want even more oil-fighting powder, you can use a silk dust under your mineral make up as a base, and then over as a setting powder. (I do this every day.) You might want to try Jurlique's Rose/Lavender Silk dust, or Everyday Minerals' Silk Dust. Every morning I first dust my face lightly with silk dust, then dust on a light layer on Alima mineral make up. I dip a concealer brush in mineral make up and go back over any trouble spots, the I lightly dust again with silk dust and I don't have to blot for the rest of the day. Unfortunately I think the Alima celebrate code has expired, but you can use the code EDS10 for 10% off. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:

Revlon Colorstay (they make one for oily skin)

I like the Colorstay too (although it isn't my HG). The coverage is better than most foundations and it does stay put on my oily skin.

I have Laura Geller Phenomenal Foundataion and some Alima samples on the way too. I'll have to report back Smile

I also second ParisTroika's I Feel Pretty recommendations. I have been using the 2%BHA, antioxidant mist, and the calming serum for almost two weeks now. I hate jump to conclusions but I honestly feel like these are the products I've been searching for all my oily/acne skinned life.

...and I have an order on the way so I can make my own pearl silk dust...sigh...EDS is sooo good yet sooo bad Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Everyday mineral loose foundations, I am new to it, but I just use it to set my HG foundation (MAC SPF 15). I hate BE, but love their eye glimmers and mineral viel. With the mineral viel lightly dusted over top of any foundation I have found I can keep my oily T-zone in check for hours. Just need a touch up dusting of the mineral viel after about 5 hrs, then your good for another 5.
HTH
CG
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your awesome replies! I am learning so much on EDS and it is comforting to know that I am not alone in this!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew, where did you get your pearl paste?
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Sundew, where did you get your pearl paste?

Hi Divalovesmusic!
I'm not sure if I'll be making pearl paste but I ordered the ingredients for the pearl silk powder from TKB trading (they have a $15 dollar order minimum).

http://www.tkbtrading.com/index.php?category=13

I'm kind of new to all of this stuff too, so I'm really not quite sure what I'm doing. But if you are interested, there is more info on both products in the DIY forum Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
SmileI've never used mineral make up.My skin is combination to oily,i think to use hydrator to help skin soothing and calming,oil may be less.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |