Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Woohoo....just got my PADI ID card.....so excited
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just got certified to scubadive by PADI when I went to Thailand in Nov. I did the classroom and pool sessions here at Sport Chalet in Arcadia, but decided I didn't want to do my openwater dives in Catalina....too cold. So I went and got myself certified by completing the 4 open water dives at the Similan Islands in Thailand. It was so awesome, and now I got my ID card.

Anyone out there loves to scuba? Where have you scubadived? Where next? I've only scubadived in Thailand and Cozumel.
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
ha ha, great to be the 1st to say "congratulations"!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
congratulation
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations!!! Smile
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations Cherisse! I love diving - I find it very peaceful.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just got back from Roatan, Honduras. It is an island off the coast and the barrier reef there is supposedly the secong largest in the world. It's a big whale shark breeding area also and Jan. is their "season" but I didn't see any Sad . I don't dive, but SO and I did a lot of snorkeling and it was awesome, so I can only assume the diving is 100 times better. Most of the people near where we stayed were divers. There doesn't seem to be a lot of protection of the reef however so I don't see it being nice very much longer...my best friend dives and I told her to get there ASAP...
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hey congratulations! I'm fairly adventurous but I've always been afraid of scuba diving. It's the whole running out of air thing that frightens me. LOL Laughing Plus I have terrible sinus issues and fear I wouldn't handle the pressure well. But that's great news for you. You'll have a ball exploring the beautiful underwater world. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Hey congratulations! I'm fairly adventurous but I've always been afraid of scuba diving. It's the whole running out of air thing that frightens me. LOL Laughing Plus I have terrible sinus issues and fear I wouldn't handle the pressure well. But that's great news for you. You'll have a ball exploring the beautiful underwater world. Very Happy

Wildflower, can I tell you a secret? I am NOT a strong swimmer. I barely passed the swim test for me to take the scuba class. Am I crazy or what? If I can do it, anyone can. I am a little afraid of water, too, since I almost drowned when I was 8. I had a cold when I went to Cozumel, but I took Sudafed an hour before to get that under control.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, everyone! I am very pleased with myself. As I was saying, I suck as a swimmer, and I want to overcome my fear of water. I will sign up for a group swim class at the Y this summer. I almost didn't make it when I had to take off my BCD and put it back on as one of the skills I had to master. My instructor looked at my scared face, and said, "What? Can't you swim?" I said, "Not really!" Well, I could do the doggie stuff, and the froggie style, but I was afraid of the waves. But it is peaceful and serene down under. I have not yet seen any big fish like a shark. I want to keep it that way.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations!! Very Happy

I've wanted to try scuba diving but never have because I'm not a strong swimmer. Now I think that I'll give it a try. Smile
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
Wildflower, can I tell you a secret? I am NOT a strong swimmer. I barely passed the swim test for me to take the scuba class. Am I crazy or what? If I can do it, anyone can. I am a little afraid of water, too, since I almost drowned when I was 8. I had a cold when I went to Cozumel, but I took Sudafed an hour before to get that under control.

Well looks like the secret is out now. LOL Laughing I'm actually a pretty good swimmer. I took lessons all through childhood and made it almost up to the life guard levels. Water doesn't scare me. But some sea creatures do. LOL Rolling Eyes I just never really had a strong desire to get SCUBA certified. I can enjoy snorkelling for now and if I ever get my sinus issues resolved so I don't have to worry about rupturing anything or blowing my eardrums I may reconsider. For now, I'm happy just playing in and around water without reaching the depths.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:

I've wanted to try scuba diving but never have because I'm not a strong swimmer. Now I think that I'll give it a try. Smile

Tam, you do have to pass the 2 swim tests: tread water for 10 mins (my instructor forgot to have me do this as I showed up late to the swimming pool, and he told me to do it later since the other two students already did it), and swim 200 yards (about 200 meters or 8 lengths of a regular size pool. I did breaststrokes one way, and backstrokes going back. I lost count of how many times I already did, and when my instructor asked if I was done, I told him I thought so. I was lucky he was lenient. However right before I started my scuba class, I took private lessons at the Y, and was able to do the entire 200 yard swim. I did get tired though. Swimming is very exhausting.
tadlh7
5% products discount

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats!! I am also certified with PADI. It has been years ago since I got my last certification. I did the open water and the advanced open water. Loved/Love it.
Haven't dove in a few years though. My hubby wants to get certified so hopefully he will this year and we can go somewhere nice.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
tam wrote:

Tam, you do have to pass the 2 swim tests: tread water for 10 mins (my instructor forgot to have me do this as I showed up late to the swimming pool, and he told me to do it later since the other two students already did it), and swim 200 yards (about 200 meters or 8 lengths of a regular size pool. I did breaststrokes one way, and backstrokes going back. I lost count of how many times I already did, and when my instructor asked if I was done, I told him I thought so. I was lucky he was lenient. However right before I started my scuba class, I took private lessons at the Y, and was able to do the entire 200 yard swim. I did get tired though. Swimming is very exhausting.

Treading water I could do, no problem. 8 lengths might take a couple of practices. Smile

I am so glad that you posted about this; I always thought that only the strongest swimmers could/should scuba dive.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
tam wrote:

Treading water I could do, no problem. 8 lengths might take a couple of practices. Smile

I am so glad that you posted about this; I always thought that only the strongest swimmers could/should scuba dive.

Tam, trust me if I the certified water chicken can do it, anyone can...hehehe You can even do backstrokes (or whatever strokes you're most comfy with) all the way, and go as slow as you want to.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
tam wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
tam wrote:

Tam, trust me if I the certified water chicken can do it, anyone can...hehehe You can even do backstrokes (or whatever strokes you're most comfy with) all the way, and go as slow as you want to.

You definitely make it sound easy; I'm going to give it a try in the spring. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
tadlh7 wrote:
Congrats!! I am also certified with PADI. It has been years ago since I got my last certification. I did the open water and the advanced open water. Loved/Love it.
Haven't dove in a few years though. My hubby wants to get certified so hopefully he will this year and we can go somewhere nice.

He should get certified. It's really fun. I must admit I still get a little nervous jumping in to the water, but I was in really good hands in Thailand. The dive outfit there (Seabees) was so professional. On my last dive, the mask flew off my head as I jumped down, and the Thai guy on the boat jumped in to the water to catch it for me before I even knew I was missing it.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I've literally just got back from doing my first ever scuba dive, at the Great Barrier Reef. I must admit I didn't think I'd be able to do it at first, but my instructor was excellent and really gave me the confidence to do it. Congratulations!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse, congratulations on your open water certification, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your diving! You have some lovely diving off the coast of California too if you ever pluck up the courage to brave the cold water.
tadlh7
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
tadlh7 wrote:

He should get certified. It's really fun. I must admit I still get a little nervous jumping in to the water, but I was in really good hands in Thailand. The dive outfit there (Seabees) was so professional. On my last dive, the mask flew off my head as I jumped down, and the Thai guy on the boat jumped in to the water to catch it for me before I even knew I was missing it.

I keep telling him to just go ahead and do it.
I have heard thailand is awesome. I have a friend in Iraq who is going to Thailand for his vacation in a couple of weeks.
the most nervous I have been diving was when I did a shark dive (no cage) in the bahamas. they truly are amazing creatures up close. I was okay under the water where I could see them but when I came up waiting to get on the boat I was very nervous. I knew they were down there but I couldn't see them and my feet were just dangling around. lol.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
I've literally just got back from doing my first ever scuba dive, at the Great Barrier Reef. I must admit I didn't think I'd be able to do it at first, but my instructor was excellent and really gave me the confidence to do it. Congratulations!

Rachel, awesome for you, too. Glad you had fun on your first ever scuba dive! The Great Barrier Reef is awesome I heard. My bf went there already.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Cherisse, congratulations on your open water certification, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your diving! You have some lovely diving off the coast of California too if you ever pluck up the courage to brave the cold water.

Thanks, Fifi. I am such a chicken with cold water. I was even cold in Thailand (some parts got Thermocline) and Cozumel. :-P
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
tadlh7 wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
tadlh7 wrote:

I have heard thailand is awesome. I have a friend in Iraq who is going to Thailand for his vacation in a couple of weeks.
the most nervous I have been diving was when I did a shark dive (no cage) in the bahamas. they truly are amazing creatures up close. I was okay under the water where I could see them but when I came up waiting to get on the boat I was very nervous. I knew they were down there but I couldn't see them and my feet were just dangling around. lol.

That's amazing! Sharks seem scary. You were brave!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
tadlh7 wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
tadlh7 wrote:

Wow Tadlh7! You must have nerves of steel! Smile I don't think that I'd get close to sharks, even in a cage!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulation
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |