Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum -- thoughts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
There is a lot of discussion about some of PSF's products, but I can't find anything about the Berry Beneficial Serum.

Please post your experiences with it.

Thanks! Smile
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's a new product and I just ordered a sample of it. Sounds interesting, but who know if it will do anything. I'll post once I try it.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I really really like this product. It smells really nice and I find it very moisturizing and soothing. I prefer it over regular HA and use it daily in the PM.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny, everyone mentions the smell being nice, but I don't smell it much.

I bought it and started using it at the same time as IE Edelweiss along with other new items such as Quasar SP so I can't say what it has really done. However, typically just an anti-oxident won't make a difference right away. You have to sorta hope it is helping. It does have a nice consistency, doesn't dry me out, etc. Since it has Spin Trap technology, I really want to stay consistent with it for at least a year.

http://www.sircuitskin.com/spin_trap
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tam - I just purchased a full size after trying a sample. Many (if not all) anti-oxidants, IMHO, require an initial leap of faith. They're not going to immediately cause a quick improvement. Benefits will be more evident over time. So characteristics like texture, etc. are one way I decide which ones to use. Some people talk about a "glow" they get from using Vit.C sera. I experience it too but I think it's as much from other ingredients than just C (or the synergy of ingredients) in a particular formulation.

I like how Berry Beneficial layers with other treatments and makeup and that's why I bought the full size. Unlike some others, I don't find it particularly moisturizing and that's one reason I like it! I use an oily SS and don't need another emollient layer. It's not an anti-oxidant that can replace the photo-protection I get from the Vit.C serum I use (SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic). But I like the lightness of it, and feel/hope that I'm doing something extra that's good for my skin by adding it to my regimen. Time will tell if I continue to use it, but I liked the sample enough to buy the full size.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
you need to hound Molly!! She is on to her second bottle and has promised a review... (not that I am putting you on the spot, Molly Bad Grin )

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you to all who posted! Smile

I think that I need to request a sample with my next order. Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi tam - I just purchased a full size after trying a sample. Many (if not all) anti-oxidants, IMHO, require an initial leap of faith. They're not going to immediately cause a quick improvement. Benefits will be more evident over time. So characteristics like texture, etc. are one way I decide which ones to use. Some people talk about a "glow" they get from using Vit.C sera. I experience it too but I think it's as much from other ingredients than just C (or the synergy of ingredients) in a particular formulation.

I like how Berry Beneficial layers with other treatments and makeup and that's why I bought the full size. Unlike some others, I don't find it particularly moisturizing and that's one reason I like it! I use an oily SS and don't need another emollient layer. It's not an anti-oxidant that can replace the photo-protection I get from the Vit.C serum I use (SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic). But I like the lightness of it, and feel/hope that I'm doing something extra that's good for my skin by adding it to my regimen. Time will tell if I continue to use it, but I liked the sample enough to buy the full size.

I was wondering how big the sample size is?

And what's the absorption like -- does it absorbed quickly or does it take a while? Do you use it at night or in the morning?
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I really really like this product. It smells really nice and I find it very moisturizing and soothing. I prefer it over regular HA and use it daily in the PM.

Do you find it too oily to use in the morning? Do you use another moisturizer over it at night?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again tam - The sample I received was a generous size -- many applications worth. The serum dries quickly on me and isn't oily on my skin -- that's why I like using it during the day.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product.

I use it at night and it is plenty moisturing for my prone to dryness skin.

I also love the smell - not strong as I can't stomach powerful scents but just nice.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi again tam - The sample I received was a generous size -- many applications worth. The serum dries quickly on me and isn't oily on my skin -- that's why I like using it during the day.

Thanks m.april! Any problems applying makeup over it?
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Does it anti-oxident ?I'm very intrested in PSF now Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
It has a potent anti oxidant - a good alternative for those who can't tolerate vit c. I can use vit c but I love this one.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
you need to hound Molly!! She is on to her second bottle and has promised a review... (not that I am putting you on the spot, Molly Bad Grin )

I consider myself officially hounded Laughing later today......
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who use Vitamin C serum - how do you layer this PSF Berry Antioxidant Serum with your Vitamin C? What is the order? I am looking for AM application (use CPs at night and am not sure if PSF Berry thingy can go with CPs Confused)
Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
For those of you who use Vitamin C serum - how do you layer this PSF Berry Antioxidant Serum with your Vitamin C? What is the order? I am looking for AM application (use CPs at night and am not sure if PSF Berry thingy can go with CPs Confused)
Thanks, R. Smile

It was designed to go with CPs so you're alright there Rubby. Darren already said that in another thread.
I use Vit C first. Wait ten mins or longer then the BB.
I think if you are using CP serum that goes on best first because it's watery. With the creams I use them second because they don't absorb so well.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
BB has a nice texture and is not oily at all. However, I did not find it moisturising enough during winter for two dry points on my cheeks.

I have used nearly 3/4 of my bottle of BB but as yet has not noticed any difference to my skin. Still don't know if I will get a second bottle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just received this last week, really like it. Has a nice, light texture. I am very impressed with most of the PSF products that I have tried.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I like the texture, but it's not moisturising enough for me in winter months, so I mix my oils with BB instead of HA.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,

I cleanse, use my vitamin C and then the bb serum. I love the "faint" smell of fresh picked berries, it really reminds me of the ones we picked around the field when I was a child (we grew up in the country!)

Also love how this stuff just disappears and isn't greasy. I am a big user of PSF, they make awesome stuff! Very Happy

~ Heather
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I love the texture and scent of this serum. My skin is oily and most of the time I don't need to use any other moisturizer with this. I find that it is very hydrating but not at all greasy. It absorbs quickly and feels very soothing on my skin.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am really liking PSF's O2; I have the feeling that I am going to like Berry Beneficial just as much. Smile
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I am really liking PSF's O2; I have the feeling that I am going to like Berry Beneficial just as much.

I really like the O2 as well. Don't think you will be disappointed with the BB if you try it. Please let me know how it works out, so far I am loving it!
Smile

Please share what else you are using, still have some things to try on my list. I have sensitive skin and am always unsure.

Thanks!
~H
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
What else am I using? Very Happy I have discovered so many great products on EDS that it is a challenge trying to fit them all into my routine.

These are the products in my rotation that are used on a regular basis:

Cleansers: Cellcosmet Purifying Gel, AminoGenesis Really Really Clean, Tracie Martyn Amla Cleanser

Toners: Avene Thermal Water, Cellcosmet Active Toner

Moisturizers: Cellcosmet Ultra Vital, AminoGenesis Tripeptinon

Treatments: Candessence Triple C, PSF O2, Glymed Skin Action Gel

Masks/Exfoliators: Cellcosmet Dual Action Exfoliator, Glymed Anti-Aging Exfoliant Mask, Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask

Eyes: Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream, Pacific Amore Eye Time Response, Image Vital C

Other products: Revitalash

There are other products that I use occasionally, but those are my staples.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |