Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mist Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
hey,

I was in a conversation with my girlfriends one night and someone brought up this new foundation that is sprayed onto your skin. my friend said she tried it on in NYC and it gave her skin a flawless finish... i don't remember what brand it was... but its definately not MAC...

i think its a NYC brand... do any of u know any mist foundation that's good?

im getting bored of my chanel foundations... i want something new!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I read about this foundation before... I think that this is what they were talking about: http://www.missgroovy.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1274

I haven't tried it, but it sure looks interesting. Smile
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I think my search for my hg foundation is soon coming to an end b/c I'm starting to come back around to some that I've already tried years ago. The mist foundations I'm aware of are ERA Classified, Suzanne Somers & Sally Hansen. The ERA & Suzanne Somer's one are made by the same company, so I'd go ahead & try Suzanne's. You can get Era from classifiedcosmetics.com. Suzanne's you can get from hsn.com. Sally Hansen can be found at any drug store. I recently re-ordered Suzanne's spray, along with her spray primer. I tried it this morning. I really do like it! It gives great full coverage w/o looking heavy. To add more luminosity, I just add highlighter to the designated areas. I was trying to stick with mmu since it's better for the skin, but the mmu application was starting to drive me bonkers. I haven't completely given up on it though. Waiting to see if the refillible mu brush will help. The mist foundation feels much better than liquid foundation b/c it is much lighter. It also takes 2 seconds, which is great for the morning rush. I'm gonna give it a week though. I also did try ERA classifieds shimmer sprays in 24kt & platinum, didn't love these at all. If I still like the mist foundation by the end of the week, I think I may end my search for my hg foundation. . . at least temporarily. Smile
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the replies!

as good as mist foundations sounds... im still feeling a little weird about its "accuracy"

leidon, when you tried the Suzanne Somers's mist foundation, did it get on your hair? haha...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
The one I have heard a lot about is SKII airtouch foundation, lots of people seem to love it. I want to try it myself but no place here sells SKII. Here is a review thread about it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18589&highlight=skii+airbrush
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Dior has one. It is CRAZY. I don't like a lot of coverage so I wouldn't go for it, but holy crap it is is like a blank canvas.
I'd forgotten about it until now -- my friend and I were playing with it in Sephora and shrieking -- it makes you look totally airbrushed. I didn't like it, but again, I'm not a huge fan of foundation, and this is very obviously foundation. Might be good for pics and nighttime though.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
The SKII one is very popular.. I would love to try it but am afraid of ending up with foundation splatter all over the wall behind me. Laughing DH would NOT be impressed one thinks...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
The SKII one is very popular.. I would love to try it but am afraid of ending up with foundation splatter all over the wall behind me. Laughing DH would NOT be impressed one thinks...

I know the Dior one I tried comes out in a micro mist that is easy to control in terms of how fast it comes out -- it's also a small diameter coverage (does that make sense? like at the right distance from your face it covers maybe a quarter size at a time). I would think putting your hand along your hairline would be enough.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
SKII airbrush foundation will be arriving to Bloomies in Feb.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Carmindy from What Not To Wear uses Era Classified spray foundation, except that she applies it with a sponge. I bought it and use it for nights out because i love the glowy airbrushed finish. Not great during the day because i have oily skin and setting it with a powder takes away the glowy finish.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid that they would spray on my hair and cloth? Confused Should i use my finger to spread the foundation ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to control the finish and coverage if you spray it on, and yes it can be messy. I actually apply it like a liquid foundation, with my foundation brush.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
It's hard to control the finish and coverage if you spray it on, and yes it can be messy. I actually apply it like a liquid foundation, with my foundation brush.

Do you still get that air-brushed finish when you apply with a brush?
sniggi
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I use to love the ERA foundation!! It comes with a large velcro headband to put over your hair. I would spray it in the morning - just take my robe off and spray. My hair was never an issue. The only problem that I had with it was - it would not last very long. It probably is one of the best foundations that I have ever tried!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have both the era and SK-II one. I much prefer the SK-II, gives a flawless finish. (Just wish the refills were not so much).
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Sally Hansen Airbrush Foundation last summer...the directions actually say to spray it on your finger-tips then apply...I tried it like that and with a foundation brush, and the result was nothing special. Spraying that product on would give a serious mask appearance I would think...and would be messy with the hair-line and lashes...no. Maybe the higher-end lines have perfected this concept.

But...the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs I like a lot and have used a few times the past two summers. I use it at night - I think in bright day-light it would not be as natural looking as I would like...but at night, for going out in shorts or a short skirt...your legs look flawless but natural...very nice. I go outside and apply it on my deck...it's fast to apply and dries really quick, but too messy for applying inside I think. I found some on sale last week and stocked up for this summer.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
dollbird wrote:

Do you still get that air-brushed finish when you apply with a brush?

Yes, I still get a soft-focus, glowy finish with the brush.
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of the ones that have been mentioned have an SPF?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Era doesn't come with an SPF, which is partly why I only wear it on nights out. SK II and Sally Hansen doesn't seem to have SPF either.
Allie82
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
wow, i have never heard of that kind of mist before, I am intrigued Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
It is available in Saks Fifth Ave in NYC.
I just tried it, and am thinking of bying it.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I knew someone who used the Dior spray. It looked so fresh, flawless, and natural. So, I went to Nordstroms's to have a look and maybe try it. The makeup artist told me to wear a shower cap, and, yes, it would get on my lashes and brows, etc, and the whole idea just seemed like so much trouble, I didn't buy it. But, I do still kind of wonder how I'd look.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
SKII is based on ionic technology so it sprays on your skin; not clothes or hair or anything else. It is not an aerosol type powered spray and one hardly feels it going on to the skin. It is not like spraying paint. The application is very very light and precise so one can control the coverage exactly. A 30 second spray is enough. It dries on the skin after 2 to 3 minutes so there is no need to rub it in. Best of all it does not settle into pores. I will not be going back to regular foundation. No messy bottles when i travel, dirty hands or washing brushes. And it has cut my makeup routine time down to 30 seconds compared to endless blending. SKII contains pitera for those who may be allergic but this is the only foundation I have ever used that makes my skin look improved after I take it off. Not cheap but well worth the price.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
thanks for the replies!

as good as mist foundations sounds... im still feeling a little weird about its "accuracy"

leidon, when you tried the Suzanne Somers's mist foundation, did it get on your hair? haha...

I wear a shower cap & robe when I spray the fdn or else it will get in my hair & on my top. I try to keep my "z" application focused on the center of my face so the product doesn't go all over the bathroom sink. I still prefer this process over the whole "swirl, tap, buff" process required by mmu.

I've never heard of the SKII fdn. Okay, this'll be the last fdn I try. . . promise. Rolling Eyes
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I also use SkII and I have to say, what a revolutionary product! Its super easy, looks simply amazing even if you have breakouts. Its a product that makes your skin look flawless regardless of whatever problem you have (wrinkles, sunspots etc). Best of all, it stays put all day and looks and feels totally natural, even when you use more coverage! No one can tell you have makeup on and it does not rub off. And super easy as well as making your skin look good after the makeup is washed off. I will NEVER go back to anything other than SkII, that is how happy I am with this product!

I bought mine off ebay, I would look there first than department stores. I got a good deal, and they have the skincare line on there.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |