Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone used SuperCop2X on Scar/ Surgical Incision??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I had breast implants inserted over the muscle in 1996. 10 years and a baby....they weren't looking so hot. I had the implants removed and also had a breast lift in November 2006. I'm getting the implants inserted under the muscle in April. (he suggested this 2 stage process, said the result is alot better...I guess it gives the pocket where the implant was time to heal). He is using the same incision that was used in November. I want to minimize the scaring, if you look up maxopexy or breast lift- I have the anchor incisions.
Now the question.... is it okay to use the SuperCop2X on my incisions?? (the skin is completely healed.) If so, what is the best way to use it. I also have the CP super serum, Emu oil, 20% TCA, Jessners peel, Strixaderm...you name it -I've probably got it.
Thanks, Chrissie
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
bump!
is anyone using supercop 2X on their scars???
bump!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I have used/am using Super Cop2 on surgical scars (I have many). It does semm to reduce the bumpiness but has not really faded the scars.

Sorry I did not see this before. Like most people I seem to only browse the first pages.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking to something to fade them. I even thought about trying the acne TCA crosshatch method with them. I wonder if something like the Baby Q would work??
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I'm looking to something to fade them. I even thought about trying the acne TCA crosshatch method with them. I wonder if something like the Baby Q would work??

Have you tried Mederma? It's supposed to be good for surgical scars, and also they got tapes for scars that are supposed to smooth them out. Are your incisions right at the creases?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
Chrissie wrote:

Have you tried Mederma? It's supposed to be good for surgical scars, and also they got tapes for scars that are supposed to smooth them out. Are your incisions right at the creases?

My incisions are under the breast crease, and a straight line down from the nipple/areola down. He did a good job, no raised areas or keloids that I can see. I'm just trying to fade them....which at this point is probably a waste of time and product. I haven't tried Mederma, I was trying to use the stuff I have at home -especially since he's going through some of the old incision to put the implants back in -hopfully in late March.
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chrissie. Did you get my message? About Mederma, I dont think it works as far as what I have heard. I would go with skin exfoliating combined with skin rebuilding actives.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
For fading of scars, I used straight helichrysum essential oil - I had surgery on my stomach and the scar is now as thin as a pen mark and the same color as my skin. I also dry brushed the area (as I do everywhere) after it was fully healed.

CPs will helps fade scars, absolutely. SC2x would work well for this as it is the strongest one available from Skin Biology and your body can take a bit more than the face/neck. However, I would caution using it on your breasts as they seem more tender than, say, the stomach. I think Super CP Serum would be a better choice and if I were in your shoes right now, I'd use both CPs and helichrysum (in that order).

The helichrysum, though, is gold in a bottle for healing scars. I highly, highly recommend it and still use it regularly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

The helichrysum, though, is gold in a bottle for healing scars. I highly, highly recommend it and still use it regularly.

Hi Scalawaggirl!

Do you think the helichrysum would be good for stretch marks as well? I've never tried it. TIA.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Hi Scalawaggirl!

Do you think the helichrysum would be good for stretch marks as well? I've never tried it. TIA.

Yes, I think that both CPs and helichrysum could help with this - certainly fading them. I also recommend light dry brushing because it helps exfoliate old skin - moving the process along.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, woohoo, you are a wealth of info! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. You are so good at knowing how to heal skin. I never heard of the helichrysum oil, but it sounds like a great thing. Where did you buy yours from? I wonder if it will work on stretch marks? I am using the Exfol cream, TriReduction P&R, Super CP serum, and followed by emu oil. I would like to know how you do (or did) your routines to combat the stretch marks, step-by-step...as in combatting stretch marks for dummies. I am doing the following:

1. AM only - cleanse tummy area and dry followed by exfol cream
2. PM only - cleanse and dry tummy area followed by TriReduction P&R, and immediately Super CP serum, and immediately emu oil and rosehip oil (I happen to have one lying around)

What do you think of my routine? Is it ok? When I exhaust the current super CP serum then would you recommend that I move up to the Super Cop 2x?

Thank you!
Cherisse

scalawaggirl wrote:
For fading of scars, I used straight helichrysum essential oil - I had surgery on my stomach and the scar is now as thin as a pen mark and the same color as my skin. I also dry brushed the area (as I do everywhere) after it was fully healed.

CPs will helps fade scars, absolutely. SC2x would work well for this as it is the strongest one available from Skin Biology and your body can take a bit more than the face/neck. However, I would caution using it on your breasts as they seem more tender than, say, the stomach. I think Super CP Serum would be a better choice and if I were in your shoes right now, I'd use both CPs and helichrysum (in that order).

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
catski wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Hi Scalawaggirl!

Yes, I think that both CPs and helichrysum could help with this - certainly fading them. I also recommend light dry brushing because it helps exfoliate old skin - moving the process along.

You posted this as I was typing, I bet. Smile But still please read my questions and let me know what you think. Also what is dry brushing? I forgot to ask that.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
Scalawaggirl, woohoo, you are a wealth of info! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. You are so good at knowing how to heal skin. I never heard of the helichrysum oil, but it sounds like a great thing. Where did you buy yours from?

I bought mine from a Canadian distributor as it's mighty hard to find otherwise. BTW, it's very pricy, as well, but lasts a long time. You only need to put a few drops on the intended area, then rub in. Here's the link:

http://www.essential-oil.org/proddetail.asp?prod=oil%2D108%5F1oz%5F30ml

I wonder if it will work on stretch marks? I am using the Exfol cream, TriReduction P&R, Super CP serum, and followed by emu oil. I would like to know how you do (or did) your routines to combat the stretch marks, step-by-step...as in combatting stretch marks for dummies. I am doing the following:

1. AM only - cleanse tummy area and dry followed by exfol cream
2. PM only - cleanse and dry tummy area followed by TriReduction P&R, and immediately Super CP serum, and immediately emu oil and rosehip oil (I happen to have one lying around)

What do you think of my routine? Is it ok? When I exhaust the current super CP serum then would you recommend that I move up to the Super Cop 2x?

Your routine looks good! I think that both CPs and helichrysum can help any area for scar improvement, including stretch marks. These are both great healing products. As for moving up to SC2x, you certainly can, if Super CP doesn't irritate - SC2x is normally better tolerated on the body, anyway (unless you build up to it on the face/neck). I've been using CPs since last August and have just now moved up to Super CP Serum on my face but I do use SC2x for scar treatments and on my body. You're welcome. Smile

Thank you!
Cherisse

scalawaggirl wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
You posted this as I was typing, I bet. Smile But still please read my questions and let me know what you think. Also what is dry brushing? I forgot to ask that.

Yep! Just responded to your other questions. Dry brushing is a practice of exfoliating by using a natural, sisal brush. It is done on dry skin with a dry brush and may take some time to build up a tolerance but it is fantastic for exfoliation and releasing toxins as well as stimulating the lymph system (responsible for moving toxins along and out of the body). Excellent info here on the technique:

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

The Yerba Prima brush is my favorite. I buy them here:

http://vitanetonline.com/description/YP0019/vitamins/Tampico-Skin-Brush/

Shipping is only $5 and they have discounts for buying more than one. I normally have around 4-5 at any given time. As they wear down, they work great for use in the shower.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Will this fade older scars too, the helichrysum essential oil??
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Scalawaggirl. I got really interested in your oil, so I googled it. I got this link which talks about usage and yup, stretch marks is on the list:

http://www.aromathyme.com/helichrysum-essential-oil.htm

QUOTE:

Old Scars

A combination of Everlasting (Helichrysum) and Sage Will help old scars and slow healing wounds. Apply 3-6 months for old scars or 2x/day for 10 days on recent wounds.

Everlasting (Helichrysum) 1 ml Sage 1 ml Rose Hip seed oil 15 ml (1/2 oz.) Hazelnut il 15 ml (1/2 oz.)

Use Helichrysum for: Wounds and scar tissue - Helichrysum is the oil of choice for healing scar tissue, whether from a recent wound, operation, or tissue that has been scarred for years. It stops bleeding, helps a scab to form and tissue to repair itself. It can be added to a carrier oil and applied to stretch marks, acne scars, surgical scars, and wounds of all kinds.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
catski wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Hi Scalawaggirl!

Thanks Scally.
I have the dermalogica exfoliant cloth that I use, and I guess that is similar to dry brushing.. or I wonder if there is something particularly good about dry brushing that a cloth doesnt muster, because I know dry brushing is great for cellulite..
I love the idea of using the EO, because it sounds like it is such a healing plant, good for emotional scars, it says too, which has got to be a bonus!! And a good smell, too.
I'm not sure how to fit it in to my current supercop and emu oil routine though.
It would be overload to add it to the emu oil, I guess?

Cherisse, yes, I bet I did. I am SO on the case of these stretchmarks of mine. They are on borrowed time I tell ya. *does best determined face*
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
catski wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Hi Scalawaggirl!

Thanks Scally.
I have the dermalogica exfoliant cloth that I use, and I guess that is similar to dry brushing.. or I wonder if there is something particularly good about dry brushing that a cloth doesnt muster, because I know dry brushing is great for cellulite..
I love the idea of using the EO, because it sounds like it is such a healing plant, good for emotional scars, it says too, which has got to be a bonus!! And a good smell, too.
I'm not sure how to fit it in to my current supercop and emu oil routine though.
It would be overload to add it to the emu oil, I guess?

Cherisse, yes, I bet I did. I am SO on the case of these stretchmarks of mine. They are on borrowed time I tell ya. *does best determined face*

You and I both! I wake up every day checking carefully if any of them had faded...LOL Yeah, I am impatient. Since mine are not really that big to begin with, I wonder what's taking all these magic creams and oils so long...haha Piece of cake it should be. Oh well, I am keeping my fingers and toes crosses that one day magic will happen.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I did an internet search on helichrysum oil. There are lots of site that sell it, so I wonder if I can find it at a health food store - maybe Whole Foods??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |