Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Match foundation to the neck or face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused as to whether I should match my foundation to my face or neck? My face is slightly darker than my neck so what should I do? If I match it to either my face or neck, there's a color contrast. Pls tell me what to do!! Sad
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
same problem here.
Maybe easier to match it to your neck by applying some whiter foundation on your face. It's not easy to apply foundation on the neck, right?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I went through this when I was trying to figure out the best MMU shade for me. I matched the skin on the side of my face, sort of at my jawline. That area was hard to focus on, even with hand held mirrors. So once I got a few good matches that way, I put them on the front of my neck to see what looked best there, too. Not the ideal way, no doubt! I think that matching foundations of any sort require trial and error and wearing samples in different lighting conditions, with different color clothes on, since sometimes reds, blues, greens, etc. can throw off the appearance of foundation color.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I always try to match it to my neck and chest, those are a bit more yellow than my face so if I was to match it to my face I look very cadaver/mask like. I also blend it down my neck and a bit on my chest, it helps even things out this way.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I just put foundation on my face and neck, this way they always match.
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you could either go for a shade, matching exactly your face color and use a bronzer on your neck (making sure you blend well around the jawline so you don't get a line of demarcation) or use a lighter sheerer foundation that matches your neck on your face. A sheerer foundation will let some of your natural face skin tone show through so the diffence won't be so dramatic. I wouldn't recommend using a light face shade if you have a medium to deep complexion though as it may make you look ashy. Also sometimes in these instances it is easier to use a powder foundation or a very sheer liquid. Definitely no full or medium coverage liquid or it may be obvious.
Also, it is a good idea to take 3 colours that look close and stripe them along the side of your jaw and onto your neck and pick the one that disappears into your skin the best. I don't know if this would help find the right shade but it will definitely show you the wrong shades!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I always try to match it to my neck and chest, those are a bit more yellow than my face so if I was to match it to my face I look very cadaver/mask like. I also blend it down my neck and a bit on my chest, it helps even things out this way.

I feel dumb quoting myself!

Ok, I wasnt going to admit this because I felt it would come across very "Buffalo Bill" like but, the way that I get a perfect shade match is by stripping off my top layer of clothing so Im in my half-birthday suit. My coloring is half pink, half yellow but, really fair. I found if I dont do this my face and neck will look really pink or white while my arms, etc. look really yellow. This lets me get a good match that flatters both. Once I apply a tester shade all over my face if it looks right then I go outside to double check it in the sun...and yes, I put my shirt back on before hand!

There I said it, now put the lotion in the basket or it will get the hose again!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |