Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

best peachy blush?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
since discovering in the last year that I actually look much better in warm tones, I'm ready to try a peachy/gold blush. I do like creams and gels better than powder (dry cheeks, prone to looking dusty), but I'm open to suggestion. I'm fair and freckled with red-brown hair/blue eyes.

any ideas? thankee!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently converted to peachy blushes from pinks, and really love Nars Deep Throat. It gives my cheeks a gorgeous healthy pop of color. It is a powder, though. Image

For cream, I recommend Nars Multiple in Portofino.
Long lasting and beautiful. Application is a breeze, and you can also control coverage from sheer to heavy.

If you like MMU blushes, try Siesta from Everyday Minerals. It's got glowing reviews on MUA. I love the color but unfortunately break out from everything EDM.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I recently converted to peaches (and peachy beiges!) from pinks too--- is there something going around or what??^-^ My latest * spam alert * is Alima's Luminous Shimmer blushes--- I've found them to be soooo suitable for my ultra-fair skin. I think you would like Guava (peach with gold shimmer) and Sugar Rose (beigy-peachy pink with gold shimmer).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Actually, I recently converted to peaches (and peachy beiges!) from pinks too--- is there something going around or what??^-^ My latest * spam alert * is Alima's Luminous Shimmer blushes--- I've found them to be soooo suitable for my ultra-fair skin. I think you would like Guava (peach with gold shimmer) and Sugar Rose (beigy-peachy pink with gold shimmer).

Both of those colors were recommended for me, Liz. (I'm going to order samples soon). Have you ever tried JI blush in Whisper? If so, how does the Guava compare?

You know, waffle, the thing about mineral blushes is that you can mix the color with moisturizer (or maybe aloe vera gel?) to make it into a cream.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
If you have access to Natio it has this peachy blush that is very similar to Nars but at less than half the price.

Just for your interest, check out this post: http://community.livejournal.com/mac_cosmetics/19861725.html?#cutid1
Some fair ladies with red hair discussing blush Very Happy

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm recently obsessed with Julie Hewitt's "peachie," which is a highly-pigmented, sheer cream blush, with so much in the pot, you will never run out of it...

here's a pic:

and for a lovely light peach finish on top of a deeper peach, to highlight your cheekbones, leclerc's abricot powder.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
One thing I didn't expect was that there would be raves on Natio Peach Glow on this Canadian forum! Very Happy

It's an inexpensive, long lasting and natural looking (without shimmer) blush. Don't think it's available outside Oceania though.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of NARS Amour for a natural peachy color, but it's also powder.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
they say gina is a pure peachy cheek color
but on nars offical net,i think it trend to be orange.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I love Nars Orgasm, although it's a powder it's got a nice shimmer which does not look dry on your cheeks.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Kevyn Aucoin - Creamy Moist Glow in Tansoleil (Apricot) Maybe it's carried elsewhere, but I've only seen this line at Neimans...if there is one near you, check it out...it's something special; highly recommend.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=94410&catid=12970&cmbProdBrandFilter=40576&aid=337518&aparam=kevyn_aucoin_the_creamy_m

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=54037/The_Creamy_Moist_Glow_in_Tansoleil/apricot/Kevyn_Aucoin/Blush/
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Liz--

I totally agree with you these colors are so pretty and flattering, Ive retired my HG NARS orgasm! Have you tried the matching lipbalms? LOVELY!

Stila makes blushes called Cheekies(?), they are cream blushes that come in little metal tubes, I remember the peach one being very pretty and natural.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I also like the creme blushes but I must say that Nars powder blush in Orgasm is great. I don't think it looks dry on me as I have extremely dry skin here in the Colorado winters.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
vonstella,

thanks for your sweet words on the other thread Very Happy Yes--stila also makes a coral colored 'convertible color' that is quite nice, since it is somewhere between a pink and a peach, and somehow, despite the fact that it looks like it encountered nuclear fallout, tends to be very natural looking on the cheeks.
Also, Delux has a wonderful flush stick in a sheer apricot peach called "coral peach." It has no nuclear overtones, is easy to use, and is completely translucent.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
last week i went crazy with NARS blush. They are absoutley gorgeous. I bought orgasm and its so natural that I can even wear it to work. It s peachish with a little of pink and kinda shimmery. But its not that shimmery when you put iton ur skin. I really wanted to get torrid from Nars as well, but it was all sold out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
NARS blushes have really nice pigments. They are quite pricey though
NARS also has cream blushes

http://www.narscosmetics.com/acb/stores/1/Cream-Blush-C42_category_7.aspx
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
If you are willing to make a small investment...try Maybelline's Cream Mousse Blush in Peach, I don't think you would be disappointed. It has a shimmer to it and goes on real smooth.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I tried but didn't like Stila Convertible Color -- it was sticky. It's kind of a gel-cream. Nars was too shimmery for me for day wear.

But the Julie Hewitt product in the jar looks tempting -- is it shimmery avalange?

I like Jane Iredale blushes but they're powder. Dubonnet is my peachier choice (Barely Rose is the pinker one I use).
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
dear m.april,

JH's "peachie" has no trace of shimmer at all. yay! just pure, pigmented color... I have about twenty other blushes and I have not strayed from this since I received it last week! It is gorgeous. maybe i can take a pic of it on my wrist for you to show you how nice and sheer it is. it is nice, because you can control the color that way.

On another note, if you have a sephora that sells becca where you are, try out their cream blushes. Also non shimmer, gorgeous colors, and lots of them. And the texture is a bit easier to work with than the JH cheekie. Becca's creme blushes just seem to have an oiliness about them that makes application so easy, but they dry instantly to a matte, sheer finish. Very nice.
JH, on the other hand, is extremely light and sheer, but with less of a nice, easy slip. I'm just loving the color--it is so flattering to my olive green skin! Hope that helps!

--avalange

Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
MAC's Pincho Peach is quite nice.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
here is a pic of the peachie cheekie (what an annoying name!):

and pics of what the texture and color is like. On the top row, I have put peachie at three different intensities on my wrist (in yellow, not flourescent light); on the bottom row, I've matched the intensity with becca's "hyacinth" cream blush, which is more like a bright pink coral, but again, blends really nicely as you can see:

again, the horrors of megapixels make me look as if I've never moisturized my hands in my life: not true!

And if this color is not what you are looking for, perhaps it can be a reference for others to recommend a different one that does indeed suit you! Good luck.

c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like Shu Umera in Peach & am fair like you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have no idea,but my friend told me that RMK blush cream and blush jelly is the best ,it has a beautiful peach cream Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
oh my god you guys are awesome. The pictures are great, thanks avalange and everyone else. I'm pretty interested in the Julie H. one -- can you get that at Sephora?
Actually now I want to try too many. Anyone tried the tarte gel one that's kind of peachy, I think it's "tipsy"?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again avalange - You're really getting me interested in the JH Cheekie product. I wear a relatively oily SS (Bioderma MAX Creme or Fluide SPF50+). So do you think the Cheekie will apply easier in this case? Also, what's the finish like? Does it turn matte like becca or what? Would it be a problem to use a cream blush over JI Pressed Base?

I don't mind powder blushes at all in summer because my skin gets oily. But in winter I'm drier and I used to use cream blushes often until I started using JI products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |