Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RIP my T3 Straighteners - went Kaboom this morning!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I bought some 1" T3 Straighteners in early may 2005 and I LOVED them.
I have looked after them and have to say that my hair never looked better.
Anyway - was using them this morning and had just done one section so (fortunately) had just slid the iron along the section of hair and away from my face.....next thing I know is there's a HUGE flash of light and a big bang and my T3s are dead and I'm shaking like a leaf! Quickly unplugged them and all I have to show for the fireworks is two small patches of melted plastic near the on/off switch on the T3 and a sore hand (can't see anything just feels a bit sore like if you've scalded yourself with hot water).

Had to dig out my old battered GHD's (the original Mk1's - do the job but over time fry my hair).

Sooooooo I need a new flat iron -any suggestions please???
Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
...next thing I know is there's a HUGE flash of light and a big bang and my T3s are dead and I'm shaking like a leaf! Quickly unplugged them and all I have to show for the fireworks is two small patches of melted plastic near the on/off switch on the T3 and a sore hand (can't see anything just feels a bit sore like if you've scalded yourself with hot water).

Lucia, are you sure you weren't mildly eloctrocuted? Sounds like it to me!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
That sounds scarey.
Confused
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
It was pretty scary!

Nope think the shaking was just the shock (as in surprise not electrical Laughing )!

I really liked the T3's but as you can imagine I'm a little wary of getting another pair.

I know I want Tourmaline (pref) ionic ones - have been looking at cordless too.(Kudo, Slikit etc - Had some Corioliss cordless though and they lasted 6 mths then just refused to charge...my sisters were the same but her's lasted a year but she doesn't use them as often as I do).

Decisions decisions!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
In mourning the death of your T3, I will wear black today.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Chrissie!!! Laughing

Update!!
Rang T3Hair.com - they found me on the computer - I'm still within my 2 year warranty (just!)so they are going to email me a copy of my receipt. So I have to contact the supplier they will send me a postage paid envelope (though I may pay for recorded delivery), I then send back the straighteners with a copy of my receipt and they will repair (unlikely given the nature of the 'fault') or replace! Very Happy

They said that sometimes the wires inside get loose from the cable and short out and it was probably the fuse that went bang.

So keep your fingers crossed that they turn it around fairly quickly.(& that my antique GHDs don't give up the ghost while I'm waiting!!!LOL!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia, That's good service. I'm glad you'll get a replacement. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Laughing Chrissie!!! Laughing

Update!!
Rang T3Hair.com - they found me on the computer - I'm still within my 2 year warranty (just!)so they are going to email me a copy of my receipt. So I have to contact the supplier they will send me a postage paid envelope (though I may pay for recorded delivery), I then send back the straighteners with a copy of my receipt and they will repair (unlikely given the nature of the 'fault') or replace! Very Happy

They said that sometimes the wires inside get loose from the cable and short out and it was probably the fuse that went bang.

So keep your fingers crossed that they turn it around fairly quickly.(& that my antique GHDs don't give up the ghost while I'm waiting!!!LOL!)

That's awesome! Very Happy Glad that they will replace it for you.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
wow, T3 service is so good!

By the way, so you think t3 straightener is better than GHD? I'm also thinking about buying a straightener, GHD is highly recommended by all the magazines, so a bit confused now.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong the GHDs are very very good - however I found that teh T3's did the same job at a lower heat setting (GHD's only have the one temp - VERY hot 210 degrees - unless the new model is different!) and did a lot less damage to my hair.

The finish is about the same just the T3's didn't leave me a head full of dry split hair and I got less statis with the T3's I'm putting that down to the Ionic/tourmaline technology.
On top of that you get a 1 yr guarentee with GHD's and a 2 yr one with T3.

HTH's

PS - GHD's also have been known to go bang! A consumer programme called 'Watchdog' here reported several incidents of GHD's that were left switched off at the appliance but left plugged in catching fire and houses burning down! Moral of the story - NEVER EVER leave an electric appliance plugged in unless its designed for it (clock/refridgerator etc).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Another update - got the pre-paid envelope the next day after speaking to T3Hair.coms supplier as they suggested. Chap on the phone very helpful said they will repair or replace whichever is safest and most cost effective - really hoping I get a new set as not sure i'll trust the old ones again even if they are repaired. Anyway I sent them back yesterday (paid £4 for recorded delivery as UK PO not most realiable!)so will see how long it takes them to respond.(Figured £4 cheaper than new straighteners!!LOL!). Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Don't get me wrong the GHDs are very very good - however I found that teh T3's did the same job at a lower heat setting (GHD's only have the one temp - VERY hot 210 degrees - unless the new model is different!) and did a lot less damage to my hair.

The finish is about the same just the T3's didn't leave me a head full of dry split hair and I got less statis with the T3's I'm putting that down to the Ionic/tourmaline technology.
On top of that you get a 1 yr guarentee with GHD's and a 2 yr one with T3.

HTH's

PS - GHD's also have been known to go bang! A consumer programme called 'Watchdog' here reported several incidents of GHD's that were left switched off at the appliance but left plugged in catching fire and houses burning down! Moral of the story - NEVER EVER leave an electric appliance plugged in unless its designed for it (clock/refridgerator etc).

Oh, my dearest Lucia, you are so nice!
Thank you for all the details, T3 sounds perfect for my damaged dry hair!

Good luck for your replacement. Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh Lucia, I feel for you. When something like that happens and you are using the appliance it is really a shock (no no... not trying to make a funny pun Laughing .. but it is a good pun now I think of it.. Laughing Razz ) I had an iron blow up just like you experienced while I ws using it once and scared me half to death.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
My T3 dryer died on me too ... yesterday after reading this! Only had it around a year or so, maybe less Sad
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
My T3 dryer died on me too ... yesterday after reading this! Only had it around a year or so, maybe less Sad

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
oh gosh, seems the quality is...
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Appletini - your dryer is covered by a 2 year warranty! Contact whereever you got it from and they should sort it out for you.

My dryer (touch wood) is still fine and I have used it daily (got it same time as the straighteners).

I think because you have the microprocessor technology in these appliances they are maybe a little less robust compared to traditional thermostatically controlled appliances so if you drop or knock them by accident(and lets face it we all do!) they don't stand upto it quite as much.Just making assumptions there mind, as after speaking to my friends etc seems that GHD's and similar tend to pack up after a few years and they all seem to sort of expect it! (A cunning ploy by the manufacturers to get you to buy the new version perhaps?LOL!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have a feeling my cheap ceramic-plated flat iron is about to die on me. I was at Sally the other day, and they have some that are not too expensive, but at least are real ceramic. Does anyone have any suggestions for one? I don't think I'm ready to spend the money for a chi or anything, but I do want a step up from what I have now.

My hair is fine and wavy/almost curly and frizzy. It gets straight just from blowdrying upside down, so I don't need hardcore straightening, just smoothing. I have a 1" now and like it, and it has a temp. control, which I also like. An automatic shutoff would be cool, though. Thanks for your help!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my HAI Convertible for 3 years and it's a great iron. I love that I can set the temperature myself.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Yay!
Got a replacement set of straighteners this morning! (REALLY quick service!!). They didn't send me the same pair they sent me the new 'Duality' straighteners (see link - same as these except the ones I have are the narrow plates which is the same width as my original T3's). They are really smart looking (have tiny 'gems' in the handle for added 'bling' LOL!) in a sleek black marble effect and white plates. The new pair are especially designed for straightening or curling and are vented (not sure if these are the wet to dry - no mention on the box but they look like them on the websites I've checked and they are vented - I'm going to email T3Hair.com to check.
They also came with a travel/heat mat and they also sent me a free good quality handbag brush so I am VERY impressed with the customer care I've received.
Going to try them out later so will post a review!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P173102&categoryId=C11244

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |