Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pills make hair grow fast
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Yes, its the same pill,its a bright red tablet.I take MSM too and a ton of other vitamins. I honestly did not want my hair to grow this fast though,thats 1 foot pr year! I wanted more hair, dont know if I am getting that yet but I am getting growth,I do think my fallout rate has gone down though,there isnt as much of it in the shower after I wash my hair.

Smile
If it is affecting fall-out rate that is good. I, too, am interested mostly in new growth, not length necessarily. Sounds like something for me to try.
Below the link from herbal remedies in the list of other similar products there is one from Nature's way that seems interesting, too. It has MSM and glucosamine, too. Good for my bones too.Anybody know anything about that one: http://www.herbalremedies.com/79240.html BTW, This one has a list of ingredients in the link.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
I have been taking that hair pill from walmart ,My hair has been growing 1/4 inch every 7 days,thats 1 inch pr month is this normal?Now I have to touch up my grey hair every 6 or 7 days....

Lucy, would you mind posting the ingredients of the hair pills from Walmart? I'd like to know what are the fillers in each tablet, too.
Thank you!

Cherisse, Shantel posted the ingredients of the hair pill here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15274&highlight=hair Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
I have been taking that hair pill from walmart ,My hair has been growing 1/4 inch every 7 days,thats 1 inch pr month is this normal?Now I have to touch up my grey hair every 6 or 7 days....

Lucy, would you mind posting the ingredients of the hair pills from Walmart? I'd like to know what are the fillers in each tablet, too.
Thank you!

Cherisse, Shantel posted the ingredients of the hair pill here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15274&highlight=hair Smile

Thank you! I found her post, too. I was wondering if the serving size for these vitamin amounts is just one tablet.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
praia98 wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
Yes, its the same pill,its a bright red tablet.I take MSM too and a ton of other vitamins. I honestly did not want my hair to grow this fast though,thats 1 foot pr year! I wanted more hair, dont know if I am getting that yet but I am getting growth,I do think my fallout rate has gone down though,there isnt as much of it in the shower after I wash my hair.

Smile
If it is affecting fall-out rate that is good. I, too, am interested mostly in new growth, not length necessarily. Sounds like something for me to try.
Below the link from herbal remedies in the list of other similar products there is one from Nature's way that seems interesting, too. It has MSM and glucosamine, too. Good for my bones too.Anybody know anything about that one: http://www.herbalremedies.com/79240.html BTW, This one has a list of ingredients in the link.

You have to take 4 capsules to get those amounts listed on the label. Yikes!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
The Rexall brand serving size is 3 tablets, and it is filled with lots of fillers. The California Natural brand serving size is 1 tablet, and it is also filled with a lot of fillers. I picked the CA Natural one to try. We'll see if my hair grows fast or not since I don't dye my hair, but I am remembering the length of my bangs which just now touched my chin (the shortest part is). So in a month, I will report back if it grows another inch or not.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Walgreens has this as well as others on line, haven't been to the store to see if they have this one at the store.

Natures Bounty Super Potency Biotin 5000 mg, 60 caps for 9.99

Description

Vitamin Supplement.
Promotes carbohydrate, fat & energy metabolism.
Biotin supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins for energy use. Super Potency Biotin is designed to provide ample amounts of this essential nutrient to maximize its benefits.
Biotin also helps to support healthy skin and hair.

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate , Gelatin , Silica , Vegetable Magnesium Stearate

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size 1 cpsl
Servings Per Container 60

Instructions
For adults, take one (1) capsule daily, preferably with a meal.
Calcium and other minerals can affect the absorption of many medications.
Do not take this product within 2 hours of taking medications.
As a reminder, discuss the supplements and medications you take with your health care providers and follow their advice.

Warnings
Pregnant or lactating women should consult a doctor before using any product. Avoid this product if you have a history of kidney stones.
Consult your doctor before use:
if you have or have had any health condition, or
if you are taking any medications or remedies including OTC medications, or
if you are planning any medical procedures.
Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur, such as gastrointestinal discomfort.
Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18.

Maybe 5000mg is too much, but I do like the fact that you only take one.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had those red hair pill from walmart and GNC hair pill too and I got nausea and trigger vomitting feeling. Don't know why...

So, I always stick with Nature Bounty Hair, Nail and Skin products because it works better with me. But, I didn't see extreme hair growth like 1 inch in a month.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
To much Biotin can cause acne breakouts in some, Threshold level differs per person. If I go over 3000 mcg Biotin, I get acne breakouts. If I stay at 3000 or below I am cool.

I have increased my hair growth from 1/4 to1/2 inches per month to 1 inch/month year-round. I also went from losing 50 to 100 hair a day to 10 to 20 hair a day. Hair is also thicker, more glossy.

I take a number of supplements for skin and hair. But GNC Ultra Nourish Hair (better then GNC Hair Skin and Nails) is a staple in my arsenal. I also take extra MSM and Biotin, as well as some other things.

The body needs many things for good hair growth, not just Biotin. Protein is also very important. Many other things as well. EFAs, Silica, etc. I can list them all but you get the idea. Smile

And most vitamin suppliments "all in ones" are not going to provide enough of the levels needed for truely good hair growth of all the elements. Thats why you may find you need a good multi, a good hair formula, and then extras to cover where your diet falls short. And your diet, your lifestyle, your habits, your health all facter into the suppliments you personally take.

Hair is a luxury item, if body is starved for nutrients, it will not sent nurtrients to hair skin and nails first. It will send it to organs and bones and life function tissues. Only extra is used for hair, skin and nails. Smile

The reason most "effective" supplements are divided into more then one pill is your body can often only asimilate XX amount at a time, which means the rest is depleted through urine. So a high dose pill is no good if you urinate out half of the product. Just makes for expensive urine.

MSM for example is best taken at 2000 mg or less per dose at 12 hour intervals. Because after 12 hours the body has depleted it MSM reserve. And the body can only use 1000 to 2000 mcg at a time. Anything over that amount is more then the body absorbs, so its waste.

So taking extra, is not helping at all.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
The body needs many things for good hair growth, not just Biotin. Protein is also very important. Many other things as well. EFAs, Silica, etc. I can list them all but you get the idea. Smile

Please list them all! Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, what do you think of the CA Natural Hair ingredients?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I would need the ingrediants and amounts to commet. I will give you a list in abit.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Since I don't know your specific issues/needs - heres some general info.

This is a general recommended supplement amount from a number of sources for good skin and hair health. Hair only is at the bottom, but read all the info so you understand why you may or may not take a suppliment and how much. Start at the lowest levels, and slowly work up if needed.

This is not a medical treatment or diagnoses. Please use your judgment in deciding the best option for you personally, and discuss all supplement/medical concerns with your Dr or Pharmacist, Nutritional adviser. Of course best results are always obtained when you can meet your nutrient levels with your diet, and healthy eating. But for many people that is not easy.

One may not need all these supplements, I do not take all of them. But I do take many of them.

Your amounts differ, based on your individual needs and health and lifestyle.

You can read about each individual supplement here, as well as side effects, suggested amounts, treatments, benefits etc.
http://kroger.staywellsolutionsonline.com/IntegrativeMed/NSHerbs/Splash.pg

All supplements are within “safe” non-toxic ranges, for normal healthy individuals. However everyone differs and you may find you do better with different or lesser amounts based on your individual needs and body reactions and health concerns. Use common sense. If you feel a supplement it not setting well with your system, adjust dose as needed. This is just a GUIDE. Adjust for your situation and based on advice from your healthcare provider, who knows your needs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails – overall

Start with a good mulit with 100% of all required nutrients. Most nutrition experts feel “two a day” multis tend to be better then “one a days”. They are better absorbed into the system, and provide a more complete rounded range. Take what you feel is appropriate for your needs.

Keep in mind the RDA amounts in most Multi vitamins are simply the "minimal" suggested amounts one takes to prevent major deficiency diseases such as scurvy, rickets etc. This is not the "suggested" range for good complete full body or optimal health - just the minimum you must have. Wink They are not the toxic "cut off" threshold limit.

Taking doses above the RDA is fine within reason, as long as you don't get to mega dose range on a few select vitamins. The supplements below will not take you into Megadose range if you take as noted. The link at the Kroger site gives you exact "to high" amounts where they apply, which is only on a select few fat soluble vitamins. (A, D, E and K)
Other vitamins are water soluble, which means excess passes in the body’s urine system, assuming you have normal functioning liver and kidneys and drink adequate water amounts.
Mega doses of any one supplement can effect the way the body absorbs and reacts with others, so an overall balance is best. But that does not mean equal amounts of each. Rather a well rounded level of each. Megadoses are doses beyond the suggested ranges I list in each supplement description.

Personal tolerance levels can very based on your age, health, diet, habits, and other conditions, so use common sense. You will see the individual vitamin descriptive links at the healthnote Kroger sites tell you side effects, and what they are. Simply stopping or lowering your dose as needed will resolve the issue. After age 30 the body is less able to assimilate many nutrients, which makes supplementation even more necessary for many people to maintain healthy levels.

I personally like GNC Ultra Mega Women’s Multi. This is available with and without iron, depending on your needs and age.
The GNC Women’s Ultra Mega, has a number of beneficial anti-oxidants added with the standard vitamin blend which makes it a good choice.

The NSI supplements are excellent.

There are many good “hair vitamins” around. Some better then others. I personally feel GNCs Ultra Nourish Hair is one of the best ones, with good supplement levels of needed items, at a cost effective price. If you have a GNC gold card you will save 20% the first week of every month at GNC stores or at Drugstore.com on GNC products.

My vitamin base is GNC UltraNourish Hair and Women’s Mega Multi. So I do not add extras of other supplements unless I list that I add more. Adjust based on your needs and other supplements.

Your basic supplements should have the following, or you can add on as needed.

Start with the following base in your Multi:

Vitamin A – 5000 to 10000 IU/daily is good. At least 50% should be from beta carotene, especially if total vit A is higher then 5000 IU. This prevents any risk of “to much” since the body will not convert Beta Carotene to Vit A if unneeded. Synthetic beta-carotene has now been tentivly linked to increased risk of lung cancer in smokers. Until more is known, smokers should avoid beta-carotene supplements.
If you are taking Accutane, avoid any vit A supplements, unless discussed with your Dr.

Vit A prevents Dry flaky skin, reduces lines, wrinkles, anti aging, helps reduce stretchmarks, and acne. Many with acne have low vit A levels. Magadoses are unneeded. Up to 25,000 - 30,000 IU a day is safe. Those over age 65, with liver dsease should limit supplements to 15,000 IU per day. 10,000 IU or less is recommended for women who may become pregnant. Topical use is also helpful. I do not add extra.

B Complex- Necessary for healthy skin, hair and nails and all body cells. All are water soluble. They include thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), biotin, folic acid and the cobalamins (vitamin B12). You do not need equal amounts of each. They all perform different functions, and some work together. I do not add extra Bs in my supplients as the two GNC products I take cover them well enough for my needs. Most multis have these, though you can add extra if your health needs them.

B-1, Thiamine - is good for ridding body of toxins, and antioxidants activity. Help all cells to function, good for nerves. Recommended dose 10 - 50 mg up to 100 mg 3 times a day.
B-2, Riboflaven – healthy hair, skin and nails, helps treat acne. 10 to100 mg 3 times a day.
B-3, Niacin – helps with moisture retention, skin exfoliation, and acne. 20-100 mg, Up to 200 mg 3 times a day.
B-5, Pantothenic Acid. Moisture retention in skin, exfoliation, sensitive skin. Treatment doses at 10 to 250 mg 3 times a day.
B-6, Pyridoxine – immune system function, antibody protection. 50 -100 mg 3 times a day."Vitamin B6 was studied by a Pennsylvania doctor and reduced symptoms of acne by 50% -75% in adolescent girls with menstrual difficulties."
B-12, Cyancobalmine – for overall skin health, cell division, Important for vegetarians. Found in meat. If you eat meat usually a suppliment is not needed. 5 -100 mg

Vitamin C – (Asorbic Acid) Collagen production, protects from and helps repair sun damage, reduces under eye circles, aides in wound, skin and acne healing, inhibits melanin production (which cause dark sunspots), helps with eczema, psoriasis. An antioxidant, good topically and internally. Dose ranges are 1000 to 1600 mg - 3 times a day. I recommend a minimum of 1000 mg once a day, if optimal skin health is your goal. I add an extra 1000 mg on with my two GNC supplements. Which gives me a total of 1500 mg throughout the day. If you take over 1000 mg at a time, spread dose throughout day for best absorption.

Vitamin D – antioxidant, anticarcinogen. 400 to 1000 IUs a day recommended. Avoid Mega doses. Can be used topically. I do not add extra.

Vitamin E – rehydrates skin, prevents inflammation, protects from UV damage, reduces rough, dry skin. Helps skin healing. Antioxidant. Also works topically. Avoid Mega doses.
100 to 800 IU a day. At least 400 mg daily for anti aging. I do not add extra.

Vitamin K – helps with under eye circles and healing of bruises, excess bleeding diseases. 65 to 80 mcg per day. Avoid Mega doses. I do not add extra.

Calcium – 1000 to 2000 mg I add extra here, for my personal needs related to blood pressure issues.

Magnesium – 500 - 600 mg I add extra here, for my personal needs related to blood pressure issues. Should be 50% of your calcium dose.

Copper – 2 to 4 mg, very beneficial to skin, scarring and healing. I do not add extra, as my two GNC supplements give me 4 mg.

Alpha-lipic Acid (ALA) - Antioxidant, works well with other antioxidants giving an combined “synergy effect” (causing each antioxidant to function better when combined, then each one does singly) Works topically or orally. 30 to 200 mg daily. The "R" form is more concentrated, so 100 mg of ALA-R is equal to 200 mg of ALA.I do not add extra

Chromium – Helps fight acne and reduce skin infections. Stabilizes blood sugar. Many with chronic acne have unstable blood sugar. 150 - 200 mcg daily. I do not add extra

Selenium - coupled with vitamins A and E, can also reduce the severity of acne and lessen scarring. 200 mcg. In my multi, I do not add extra.

Zinc – helps promote skin healing, reduces scarring, and acne, treats eczema, and psoriasis. 60% of acne sufferers notice improvement with added zinc. A lack of zinc has been shown to increase the production of male hormones, which can cause acne. An antioxidant. 7 – 30 mg daily. I do not add extra

These will give a good basic foundation for your program. From there you can optionally add on other individual supplements below as needed for your situation.

--------------------------------------------------------

Optional but recommended Add-on Supplements

In most cases a multi alone will not give enough extras for optimal skin, hair and nail health. This is especially true after age 30 when the body is less able to maintain nutritional status from foods, and less able to absorb nutrients. Many systems decline with age, that can be helped with supplementation.

MSM methylsulfonylmethane – 1000 to 4000 mgs total a day. Divide into 1000 mg doses or less for best absorption. Ultra Norish Hair contains 500 mg. (I add 2500 to 4000 mg extra)

Silica – antioxidant, helps skin , hair, joints, good for soft shiny hair. Ultra Nourish hair contains 1 mg. You can add an addition 500 mg/day for soft shiny hair. Often found in Horsetail supplements.

Omega 6, GMA, Gamma Linolenic Acid - one of the important EFAs or Essential Fatty Acids. Helps reduce PMS, clears up eczema, helps skin glow, minimizes finelines, reduces cholesterol, helps with metabolisium, helps dry skin hair and nails, good for straw-like hair, or over oily hair and skin, an anti-inflammatory, arthritis aide, and blood thinner, and blood vessel dilator. It can be found in Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, or Black Current Seed oil. Borage oil is the richest and recommended source of GMA.
I take 500 mg Borage oil daily. Recommended ranges are 500 to 3000 mg daily.

Omega 3, Fish Oils – contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA); both are omega-3 fatty acids. Most fish oil supplements are 18% EPA and 12% DHA, or a total of 30% omega-3.

EPA and DHA are anti-inflammatory, and help with many disease conditions, both mental and physical. They help balance the Omega 6, which are found in vegetable oils, If miss balanced one can have difficulty with stress and anxiety.
Both Omegas are needed, because the body needs both together to function well.

The are necessary for overall health of body, skin and hair. Can help body produce less oil for those with over active oil production in skin and scalp. Treats acne, eczema, and psoriasis.

Research published in the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology shows that Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) can help hormonal imbalances that lead to acne, since people with certain forms of acne have been shown to have deficiencies of EFA.

One should take at least 1000 to 5000 mg a day or more, depending on needs. I take 5000 a day, because I have borderline high blood pressure, and oily skin. I take three 1700 mg caps a day. You can take them together or spread out. If you have fish burps – take them in lesser amounts with meals, gradually working up to higher doses. The “burps” usually stop after two weeks.

Flaxseed oil is a source of Alpha-linolenic acid, which can be converted by the body into EPA and DHA. But the body can only convert to a limited extent, and you get much less actual EPA and DHA per pill. So I personally recommend Fish oil for best results.

For those who wish to replace fish oil with flaxseed oil, research suggests taking up to ten times as much ALA as EPA.20 Typically, this means 7.2 grams of flaxseed oil equals 1 gram of fish oil. However, even if taken in such high amounts, flaxseed oil may not have the same effects as fish oil. But, flaxseed oil will not cause a fishy-smelling burp (a possible side effect of fish oil).

Biotin – a water soluble B vitamin. A great booster of hair and nail growth. Also effective for acne, and slow healing skin. It also helps for stronger hair. Dermatitus, depression, hair loss, anemia, nausea, stomach and intestinal disease, alcoholics, can all benefit from increased Biotin.
Levels vary based on “your” needs. Suggested ranges are 1000 to 5000 mcg daily. 2500 mcg daily is needed for stronger nails. To much Biotin can cause acne, so bump dose down if you get breakouts within one to two weeks of increasing doses. Ultra Nourish Hair contains 1200 mcg of Biotin. Mega Multi contains 300 mcg. I take an additional 1500 of Biotin a day. (3000 total)

Protein – You need it for strong hair and healthy skin. Protein will help your entire body. One protein shake daily, of 22 gr of protein is an excellent place to start.

--------------------------------------------------

Benificial Antioxidants.

Some of the supplements above that are normally a part of standard multi vitamins are also antioxidants. Antioxidants help the body deal with cell damage related to stress, UV exposure, poor lifestyle habits, poor diet, aging, harsh skincare products etc. By help the tissues handle this type of stress better, the skin ages better and looks younger for longer.

Following are Antioxidants recommending by many skincare experts to provide Anti-aging benefits.

GNC Womens Ultra Mega carries some of these, though one may prefer higher doses based on individual needs.

NSI Vegetable and Berry Blend products will add many of these.

Tocotrienols, part of the Vitamin E family. 35-75 mg.
Lutien – 20 mg
Lycopene – 5 mg
Grape Seed Extract – 50 mg
Vegetable Extracts – 1000 – 2000 mg
Melatonin – 1 to 3 mg at bedtime for sleep issues

Other Anti Aging supplements commonly recommended.
Not usually in multi vitamins.

Ginkgo Biloba – 60 mg daily (brain and nerve function)
N-acetyl-carnitine – 0.5 to 1000 mg (brain and nerve function)
Choline/Inositol – 1000 – 2000 mg (brain and nerve function)

Saw Palmetto Oil - reduces DHT production which is related to hair thinning and hair loss. 80 to 160 mg.
Glucosamine Sulfate – skin and joint health 500 to 1500 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate – skin, muscle and joint health. 400 to 1200 mg

Hair Health:

If your main concern is hair health, focus on the following:

A Good Multi Vitamin One that you can tolerate, that meets your needs on the basics.
Protein – at least 22gr of protein a day added to diet in a drink or protein rich foods and cereals, soymilk (Kaschi Go Lean Crunch, Special K High Protein etc) Helps hair growth speed, thickness, strength
Biotin – growth speed
MSM – slows shed, speeds growth, increases shine and thickness
Silica – shine and softness
EFAs (Esscential Fatty Acids/oils) for attachment issues, helps dry straw like hair, softer hair, less dry scalp

A good multi, MSM and Biotin will do the most. Though Protein is very important, and based on your needs, you may need some of the other options listed. Many women diet to loose weight and cut their protein levels to low for good hair and muscle growth.

Results on slower shedding usually start at two weeks, by 6 to 8 weeks you should notice longer lashs, faster growth of scalp hair.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
I would need the ingrediants and amounts to commet. I will give you a list in abit.

OOppss here it is:

The ingridients:

Vitamin A -- 5000 IU
Thiamine -- 1,5 mg
Riboflavin -- 1,7 mg
Niacin -- 35 mg
Folic Acid -- 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 -- 10 mcg
Biotin -- 100 mcg
Pantothenic Acid -- 92 mg
Iodine -- 150 mcg
Zinc -- 15 mg
Copper -- 2 mg
Manganese -- 1 mg
Choline -- 60 mg
Inositol -- 125 mg
para-Amino Benzoic Acid -- 35 mg

Serving size = 1 tablet
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

Wow, this is such useful info. Thank you.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Based on that pill, I would increase your Biotin for sure. Its really very low for hair growth aide.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Based on that pill, I would increase your Biotin for sure. Its really very low for hair growth aide.

Tangal, what is in this pill that makes everyone says it makes their hair grow so fast? It is hard to believe. I am trying it even though it got tons of fillers, just because everyone was saying how their hair grew so fast with it. I am taking 3000 mcg of Biotin and 4000 mg of MSM on top of that. I really hope my hair AND lashes will remember to grow in 6 weeks from now....so that's about mid March I guess?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
It does still have some okay suppliments, especially if one is not taking a suppliment at all. Not as well rounded as I like, but still can be effective.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
It does still have some okay suppliments, especially if one is not taking a suppliment at all. Not as well rounded as I like, but still can be effective.

Yeah, I couldn't tell what the magic ingredient(s) is(are). It doesn't seem to have a high doses of things I hear about like Biotin and MSM.
KirstyUK

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi there! I would really love to try the California Natural Hair pills but i'm stuck in the UK and postage is ridiculous if i buy from the site. Does anyone know if anyone is willing to list the pills on Ebay??? Embarassed
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
iherb.com is a great source for supplements, and it has inexpensive international shipping (1.99$). I'm not sure if that particular supplement is on it, but you'll still have plenty to choose from, maybe you'll find something similar.

KirstyUK wrote:
Hi there! I would really love to try the California Natural Hair pills but i'm stuck in the UK and postage is ridiculous if i buy from the site. Does anyone know if anyone is willing to list the pills on Ebay??? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue, are you saying iHerb charges $1.99 to ship to the UK? They charge waaay more than that to ship across the border to Canada. I have to get my loot delivered to a mailbox and then drive an hour to the border to pick it up...it's enough to make my hair DROP OUT, I'll tell you! Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Tangal wrote:

Yeah, I couldn't tell what the magic ingredient(s) is(are). It doesn't seem to have a high doses of things I hear about like Biotin and MSM.

If I had to guess, I would say it is the inositol. Most hair, skin and nail formulas do not contain it but it aids in hair health and growth.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lovely. Thank you, I will definately pick this up! Smile
Kukuikiki

Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Lovely. Thank you, I will definately pick this up! Smile
Did it work out for you?
Kukuikiki

Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
allyssa wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Tangal wrote:

If I had to guess, I would say it is the inositol. Most hair, skin and nail formulas do not contain it but it aids in hair health and growth.
If you use that site (i herb) to get your stuff, use this: Arrow HAW031 (copy/paste) that co de will substract $5 off your bill! Smile And to ship will be zippo dollars, that is, if it's over $40.

20 of you ladies can use this HAW031 this month. Try it, you'll see if it works before giving any of your personal info! Smile
Happy beauty !
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |