Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Pills make hair grow fast
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
for the hair growth,do you mean all hair,eye brow?all body hair?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
fang wrote:

I have used MSM and this really helps make your hair shiny and thick.
hkr888
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
fang wrote:

I read somewhere on this forum that it does mean all hair, so you might have to do waxing/shaving more frequently as well.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I started using something called Purvana for hair, skin and nails last month. It had most the same ingredients but no inistol and I was going to buy that to take as well.
Here it is and the ingredients:
http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=5916

2500mcg of biotin though
a couple other ingredients are higher but most of them are lower. But the combo for mine may be more for health than shine. I do not have any difference in growth speed.

What I take is really suppose to add to the health of the hair making it stronger (which is what I need)

Does the red pill make yours stronger? Any difference with health of hair?
Minimunny
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 am      Reply with quote
hkr888 wrote:
fang wrote:

I read somewhere on this forum that it does mean all hair, so you might have to do waxing/shaving more frequently as well.

I 2nd that, since the body cannot 'know' which hair you mean to grow and which you would like to stay thin and short. I read somewhere that they even grew more facial hair.
penny1619
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
gnc is the good product for hairs.i take it usually.
Mr.Potatohead

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there, all. I really would like to grow my hair really long for highschool. I've been wearing hair extensions, and my hair is short. Its almost shoulder length. I'm in 7th grade, 13. My hair extensions are 19 inches, and I only have the rest of this year (not too long) and the rest of next to get it the length I'm dying for. Any recommendations for what I should use? I really want to try some hair growth pills, because I've had short hair for so, so long. Also, after I get my hair the length that I want, I want to stop using the pills. I also hate body hair. Is the Hair Vitamins California Natural good, or the MSM? Please help me out.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've taken Horsetail Herb (Silica) which is great for skin, hair & nails.

I think Murad and GNC have some new hair formulas on the market.
A healthy diet full of whole grains,fruits & vegetables, essential fatty acids and lean protein is the best!
Jenova

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I checked the ingredients in the California Natural hair pills and its nothing particular special in it. It’s actually to low on some of the B’s, and both the A and B complexes is incomplete.

The faster hair growing results you saw is most likely due to something else you take, like the MSM for example. MSM speeds up growth. Body hair + nails also grow faster with it. The effect wears of when you stop taking the pills. MSM is cheap and it works, but a MGT mix works similar but better and you can get it for about the same price). Both of these are great choices if you want to grow hair faster, but are on a budget.
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I found that taking MSM helped my hair grow. And although I didn't lose any weight, everything seemed to firm up a bit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
I'm not suprised. I used to take GNC's Hair Skin & Nails formula vitamins. Not only did my hair grow faster (it already grows fast enough), it looked like a horse's mane. I have to say it was beautiful, but as it is I need to retouch my roots every 3 weeks. Sad

I took this before, which really make my nails and hair more healthy, more glossy.

Now I took collagen pills every day, it seems to have similar results Smile
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody know how long biotin remains in the system before it is excreted? Right now I'm taking 5mg biotin 2X per day, morning and night, but I'm wondering if it worth it, or if I'm urinating most of it out.
Jenova

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
It’s not stored in the system. You need 0.3 mg Biotin each day.

Specific nutrients and the immune response. Nutrition.Report no 11:229.
Khoward09

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey do you know where else I can get rexall or the California natural hair? Because I can't seem to find it at the Walmart I go to. Please and thank you
Hairgirl

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I just purchased California hair pills and wanted to know if this works fast? Also this would only work on head hair? It's not going to make me grow facial hair right?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hair is hair. I suspect you will see increased growth throughout - just different levels.
Some on here shave their faces Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I used to take biotin and MSM, fairly large doses, but stopped because I got tired of always dying my roots. Might seem like a good thing, but it was a huge pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
You have to go to Walmart,in the vitamin section usually on the lowest shelf you will find either the california hair pill or the Rexall hair,skin and Nails pill, the different walmarts usually carry one or the other not both at the same time,so if you want to try both you will probably need to go to a couple different walmarts.mmmm...I wonder since it is accelerating my hair growth on my head maybe its helping with my eyelashes too,they sure seem longer but I know thats the JM. Smile

------------
That's weird that Walmart sells Rexall.
Here we have Rexall drugatores and it is not related to Walmart.
Rexall is their store brand.

But if u go to Walmart in Canada the store brand is Euate or Equate?? or something like that.

What exactly is in those pills.
alicejames77

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:25 am      Reply with quote
i thing instead of taking some kind of pill in order to get nice hair is a bad idea. Instead some good shampoo should be tried. It would help more efficiently.
---------------
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if I can somehow get these pills sent to Australia?

My hair grows horribly slow! Even though I take a bunch of supplements including MSM. I'm scared to take biotin Laughing because there is a hair skin & nail formula here by Blackmores which I'm pretty sure has biotin in it - and whenever I have taken this supplment I get a lot of zits! and I've read that it could be the biotin!

I'm terrified to go to a hair salon these days - I trim my hair myself! The last time I went to a salon I asked for a 1cm trim - the style of my hair was perfect but I just wanted the ends off to tidy it up - I had spent all year growing it and it was the perfect length. So I was really adamant and clear about the 1cm - and the idiot girl hacked off 6 inches! Yes 6 inches of hair and left my hair lop-sided! I was FURIOUS! Absolutely furious! I ended up wearing clip-in hair for a while after that! Embarassed
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing you can do to encourage long long hair is to ditch the extensions! They put WAAAY too much stress on the hair follicle and can damage it, permanently sometimes. Put away the straightening iron for a while till your hair is strong enough to stand up to this kind of torture.

I take 1 biotin pill plus 3-4 MSM capsules. I notice if I stop taking them, and you can get them at any pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens, nothing fancy. Side note: I am extremely acne prone and biotin doesn't bother me at all, just keep it down to one pill, no need to overdo it. Watch your protein intake, the more the better (harder than it sounds.)

I have almost waist length hair and its so thick it breaks most hair bands. Trim it as needed, if you baby your hair you really don't need to trim long hair more than every other month or even quarterly. I do not get split ends and it never gets ratty thanks to the oil blends I saturate it with daily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the collagen suggestion. My hair grows really fast and its thicker, too. I damaged a nail and saw it grow out completely in three months. I also order from iherb, NeoCell Super Collagen, $10.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Well I started on biotin pills and had a massive breakout which is apparently normal because it is antifungal and kills excess candida albacans... when I say MASSIVE breakout - I dont mean MASSIVE lol Laughing I had about 4 huge cystic zits which is not typical for my skin.

I did a lot of googling and found this type of reaction to be normal when starting on biotin. I do think it is working on my hair too - because as I've mentioned before I have bleached blonde hair and I already seem to have more regrowth than usual... time will tell Wink
Carolhardin
5% products discount

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Great!! It seems to have a great product. I will definitely use this one.
*~KeYsHa~*

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Do you all know if any of the products mention above will help with African type of hair?
I really hope it does and if it do I hope my country, Trinidad, has it.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |