Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
*** UK - Where do you shop online? ***
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I'd like you to help me compile a list of online stores that sells products such as:
  • 1% or 2% BHA (Exfoliant)
  • Other AHA or BHA products
  • Essential Non-Greasy Sunscreen (SPF 15) for Normal to Oily/Combination Skin
  • Other suncare products

I've looked in most stores (Boots, bodycare, superdrug) and I haven't seen any products I was looking for. Likewise I haven't found any online stores (UK) that stock these products. I maybe haven't looked hard enough, but seeing as you're all experts (Very Happy) maybe you could help me out (and other people).

Thanks!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
We tend to buy overseas because it's way cheaper and there are very few sites selling the basics, especially exfoliants like you're looking for.
Here's one that sells the same as some of the things over on DY or Skincarecentral though
http://www.skinlightcosmetics.co.uk/products.php?cat=11&nav=2
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
We tend to buy overseas because it's way cheaper and there are very few sites selling the basics, especially exfoliants like you're looking for.
Here's one that sells the same as some of the things over on DY or Skincarecentral though
http://www.skinlightcosmetics.co.uk/products.php?cat=11&nav=2

Cheaper ordering overseas than UK? Even when you include P+P?

Can you recommend any sites overseas that might sell some of the products I'm trying to find?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
For basic exfoliants I'd look at www.skincarecentral.biz (20% off) www.dianayvonne.com (register on their forum for a 5% discount)

I really don't know what you mean by basic sunscreen. And don't even get me started on recommending one. The debates we have here about the subject go on forever Cool

It's still cheaper after postage though you might get caught for VAT - still cheaper!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Agree with Molly - I use the same places - definitely cheaper than buying here IF you can get the product here anyway!!

5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
For basic exfoliants I'd look at www.skincarecentral.biz (20% off) www.dianayvonne.com (register on their forum for a 5% discount)

I really don't know what you mean by basic sunscreen. And don't even get me started on recommending one. The debates we have here about the subject go on forever Cool

It's still cheaper after postage though you might get caught for VAT - still cheaper!

When did I mention basic sunscreen? Image

You said "there are very few sites selling the basics", that's all. I know I'm looking for a non-greasy, SPF 15-30 for oily/combo skin. Hmm...

Thanks for the site suggestions though Image
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I tend to buy it overseas too.

I usedwww.skin-etc.com which is full of AHA and BHA products and so much cheaper even included the VAT.

Hope this helps.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Moon_Man wrote:
I know I'm looking for a non-greasy, SPF 15-30 for oily/combo skin. Hmm...

Sorry, I misquoted you, but you need to specify what kind of SS
Read this SS faq, you'll see what I mean.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=162146#162146
Sunscreen is the only thing on your list I'd prefer to buy in the UK.
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered 2 Paula's Choice products from a US eBay store. Good price too Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
This is slightly off topic, but where do you shop online for makeup brushes from MAC, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc? All the websites I found are American and won't ship to UK. Sad

5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Moon_Man wrote:
I'd like you to help me compile a list of online stores that sells products such as:
Other AHA or BHA products

I usually buy mine from http://www.perfectskin.uk.com/ & http://www.lookgr8.co.uk/
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
helios wrote:
Moon_Man wrote:
Other AHA or BHA products

I usually buy mine from http://www.perfectskin.uk.com/ & http://www.lookgr8.co.uk/

I bought from these people once. They were so annoying Sad I only ordered because it should have been quicker and it took about 6 weeks to deliver. In that 6 weeks they didn't respond to my emails and then sometime afterwards I got an email thanking me for being a loyal customer.

I hope they've tidied up their act.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Oh, that's lovely!
Thank you for your all sharings!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
This is slightly off topic, but where do you shop online for makeup brushes from MAC, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc? All the websites I found are American and won't ship to UK. Sad

Have you tried Space NK?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

Have you tried Space NK?

or ebay?!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I saw Laura Mercier and Nars over at the sephora France website.www.sephora.fr I would still try to get something off ebay in the States. The £ is strong right now so you will get it alot cheaper.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
sarahb wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

Have you tried Space NK?

or ebay?!

Of course, I've tried ebay, but my paypal account isn't working, so I'm searching for an alternative. Also, I've had bad experiences purchasing from ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here's an interesting range of cheaper exfoliation/anti-aging products.
http://www.myskincare.co.uk

A bit OT, but came across Skin Naturals - Hyaluronic Acid from Bio-Cell Collagen II - 60 Tablets on this site. These are the right ones, aren't they?
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dermalogica and order mine fromwww.courtyardclinic.co.uk Another place iswww.hqhair.com andwww.beautyflash.co.uk. (All of these places offer excellent service). I have also ordered MD Formulations here from EDS which was cheaper than here in the UK and the service is excellent. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I buy most of my stuff from EDS. I used to be a Space NK addict but the stuff I used to buy there is available here for a lot less (especially Peter Thomas Roth who do some great BHA and AHA products). I'm currently in a less is more stage and also taking a break (after about 4 years) from PTR so just got a few bits of PSF.

Re make up brushes, personally I wouldn't buy from Ebay. I was keeping an eye on the Trish McEvoy ones but loads of them were coming from China and I don't think they are genuine. The ones that weren't didnt have a final price that was much less than the shops. I'd try and get someone in the US to buy them for you or go over there yourself (it only costs £200 to go to NY at the moment and the £ is very strong for hotel rooms and shopping).
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
EDS is great - even when products are also available in the UK EDS prices are often very favourable. In the UK, Beautyexpert have fast shipping and sometimes have good special offers: http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/default.asp.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:

Re make up brushes, personally I wouldn't buy from Ebay. I was keeping an eye on the Trish McEvoy ones but loads of them were coming from China and I don't think they are genuine. The ones that weren't didnt have a final price that was much less than the shops. I'd try and get someone in the US to buy them for you or go over there yourself (it only costs £200 to go to NY at the moment and the £ is very strong for hotel rooms and shopping).

Hi Daisy.
I got a Trish McEvoy brush on ebay for silly money. It's been fantastic, is my fave brush and never sheds. It's a lottery, I guess. Do you know a good source of fibre optic brushes in the UK? Someone on here recommended them, But I'm not familiar with them.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |