Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

does anybody suffer from dry nasal passages?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I have rhinitis and hay fever but often end up with very dry nasal passages. I run a humidifier all day and drink a lot of water. Does anybody have other recommendations? Use oil in their nose?
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
We too have a humidifier in our home. I also use vaseline in my nose - have for about 5 or 6 years now (climate where I live is EXTREMELY dry) - roll some on a Qtip. Plus I drink between 3-4 litres of water daily. Seems to do the trick for the most part!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
ulana wrote:
We too have a humidifier in our home. I also use vaseline in my nose - have for about 5 or 6 years now (climate where I live is EXTREMELY dry) - roll some on a Qtip. Plus I drink between 3-4 litres of water daily. Seems to do the trick for the most part!

Dito!!! I've been using vaseline in my nose for about 15 years. Sometimes I wondered if it'll have some side effect but never stopped using it. But I use my finger not Q-tip. One pharmacist told me the cotton on Q-tip may cause more allergy reaction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Gross as it sounds, have you tried a saline nasal spray?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
ulana wrote:

Dito!!! I've been using vaseline in my nose for about 15 years. Sometimes I wondered if it'll have some side effect but never stopped using it. But I use my finger not Q-tip. One pharmacist told me the cotton on Q-tip may cause more allergy reaction.

Me, too! I use Vaseline in my nose 'cause it gets so dry out here in the desert...

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, tx ladies. Vaseline sounds like a good idea. I'll try this. Yes, I use a saline spray and even a neti pot at times. I prefer the saline spray over the neti pot in terms of convenience. The problem is that very soon afterwards my nose gets dry again.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I too have chronic rhinitis AND sinusitis so my nose is either running incessantly (which is usally the case) or dry and crusty (sorry I know that sounds gross) or I'm stuffed up and congested. Sad It's terrible. And of course who can forget the sinus pressure and migraine headaches. What joy! Rolling Eyes I've had surgery once already to try and make my life bearable but it didn't really work. So I'm going to try it again as they say it usually takes 2 times to get it right. There is a good Homeopathic spray that helps (if you want to constantly live your life with nasal sprays that is). It's called Euphorbium Compositum and works pretty well, but you have to keep taking it. There is no cure. Hopefully the second surgery will work out better. My boss is having it done in a couple of weeks so if all goes well with her I'm going to use her surgeon. I refuse to continue living this way with constant tissue use (they are in all my pockets) and people continuously asking me if I have a cold. I know it completely sucks. I wish you the best of luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I do! every morning, i wake up with sniffy nose for an hour or two. I asked the dr i work with, he said i probably sleep with my mouth open, so my nose gets dry at night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Good luck Wildflower!!! Let me know if you are successful. I also dream of not carrying tissues around... There will suddently be less demand for trees! Smile
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I live in Colorado where the humidity is nect to nothing. When I moved here from Miami, FL (the land of 90% humidity) I started getting nose bleeds. The doctor recommended Ocean, a saline nasal spray. It works great. It keeps everything nice and moist and no nose bleeds. I also drink lots and lots of water every day. Also, I don't drink anything with caffeine. It's drying and I have noticed a difference since I gave it up.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
we keep the Weleda Aloe nasal spray in our house! One bottle for each of us...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
There is a gel you can get that has aloe in it -- you will find it in the same place as the saline for your nose. My friend raves about a gel called happy Nose that you can get in England. You might google Happy Nose or Happynose and see if you get more info.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I suffer from chronic sinusitis. I am much much better now since I use a neti pot. I know Scuba divers swear by this method too.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
does anybody suffer from dry nasal passages?

Hell yeah! It's been the bane of existence for the past couple of months. The mornings are such a pain in the a**. *WARNING THE FOLLOWING DESCRIPTION IS GROSS* It's so bad that when I blow my nose dried blood comes out. I've tried nasal spray and it hasn't worked for me. I haven't tried the humidifier yet. I personally think I just need a nose job because even when I'm not having problems with dry nasal passages I can barely breath through my nose. I think it's because I broke it a couple of times.

P.S. I live in TX! Yee Haw!(just playing)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
quitting the coke would help as well Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Just want to let you know you can make your own nasal saline solution.

Just mix sea salt and water (I used filter water) until the solution tastes like tears.

To 'apply' it, you can use either one of those squeeze syringes (looks like a rubber bulb with a thin spout) to shoot some into your nostril, or you can snort (inhale) it. I've done it both ways and prepare the latter. I put some solution in the palm of my hand, then with the other hand I hold one nostril closed while I snort the solution with the other nostril.

I've been doing this 5+ years whenever I have a sinus infection and it always cures them.

hth
montrealgal wave
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow other girls that share the same dreaded problem Shock

I've got rhinitis which is aggravated by sudden changes in temperature resulting in a random running nose, and I suffer perpetual nose bleeds when I move to less-humid conditions.

My condition has improved a lot in the past few years, at one stage I was set to go into surgery to have some blood vessels at the back of my nose cauterised to reduce the problem but I chickened out.

My doctor suggested that if you have the sort rhinitis which is related to allergies, then avoiding sensitising foods and increasing vitamin C intake over a period of time can help (esp if you also suffer hayfever).
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I've used nasal saline sprays when this happens. Helps me a lot.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I like this idea, but I'm freaked out by Vaseline itself - I'm one of these petrochemical-phobes. Anyone have a good alternative? (Maybe shea butter?) Also, I tend to break out right at the base of my nose and just inside my nostrils, so I worry putting something in there would exacerbate that - any tips are welcome!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use a nasal saline spray too. It really helps.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use saline sprays and find they work the best for me.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use a saline solution and it feels wonderful. The container looks like a tiny teapot. Mix with warm water and pour. It's also covered in flexible spending.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried a "neti pot"? They are becoming more well known in the U.S. and I see them in Whole Foods stores. Also something similar in Walgreens called a Sinucleanse, I think. I love that Dr. Mehmet Oz was on Oprah recently and introduced the neti pot to a much broader audience.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
i've used shea butter up my nose in the winter during times of dryness.

just be sure not to put too large an amount, as it does liquify...vs. vaseline which doens't liquify.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |