Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can I make aspirin mask with castor oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Gattina
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking about trying the aspirin mask tonight (I'm so exited about it!). However, I need something to bind it and I don't have honey, yogurt or aloe vera at hand, so I was wondering if castor oil would do the trick? What do you think?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say thats probably not going to work, the oil may buffer the SA. Not 100% sure though. Do you have a clay mask you could mix in?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Have to agree. Plain yogurt would be the best. But, if you have rolled oats available, that would work. Just make a little oatmeal keep it on the slightly thin side but not too watery, let it cool down and add the crushed aspirin.

Ari

5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, ok...
I actually might have some clay mask, I have to check out.

Ok, I checked it and I'm not sure if it's a "real" clay mask. It's a purifying mineral mask, which has peat, kaolin and aromatic rosemary in it. Could I mix this with aspirin?
Gattina
5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Or how about olive oil?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Gattina wrote:
Oh, ok...
I actually might have some clay mask, I have to check out.

Ok, I checked it and I'm not sure if it's a "real" clay mask. It's a purifying mineral mask, which has peat, kaolin and aromatic rosemary in it. Could I mix this with aspirin?

That might work well. But, not the olive oil. JMHO

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gattina,

What do you mean by "bind"?

If you melt the aspirin in just enough water to cover the 4 or 5 aspirin you're using, it will be fairly thick. Certainly I've done an aspirin mask with nothing more than aspirin and water.

However, if you feel that you want something else along with it, what you use depends upon what it is you want the mask to do.

One of my favourite variations is using lime juice to melt the aspirin and then mix in a little clay.

If you want something soothing, then add oatmeal into the mix.

If you want tightening, use egg white.

The variation potential with the aspirin mask is just about endless.

Good luck and have fun!

Mary

5% products discount

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt, by binding it I mean to add something that prevents the aspirin from coming loose when it dries.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
You can also mix it with honey, its moisturizing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Hi Gattina,

What do you mean by "bind"?

If you melt the aspirin in just enough water to cover the 4 or 5 aspirin you're using, it will be fairly thick. Certainly I've done an aspirin mask with nothing more than aspirin and water.

However, if you feel that you want something else along with it, what you use depends upon what it is you want the mask to do.

One of my favourite variations is using lime juice to melt the aspirin and then mix in a little clay.

If you want something soothing, then add oatmeal into the mix.

If you want tightening, use egg white.

The variation potential with the aspirin mask is just about endless.

Good luck and have fun!

Mary

Mary, what sort of clay do you use?
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've had HUGE success with Castor Oil and Baking Soda. Rub it in like the Dr. H CC and the blackheads disappear. Awesome combo.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
i don't think you should use baking soda on your skin. i remember carekate saying something about that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Agent OO-CAT,

I use French Green Clay ... because that was the only type they had in the store when I purchased it! Laughing Nonetheless, I really like it ... at least for my skin.

Hi Gattina,

Just about anything can "bind" the aspirin providing you add it after you've first melted it in just enough water.

Your idea about castor oil isn't bad, except that I don't think it will mix well with the aspirin/water combo ... unless you add something like oatmeal into the mix.

What you'd do is melt the aspirin in water ... then add a very little oatmeal [or rice flour, or even whole wheat flour ... whatever you've got in your cupboard] and then add the castor oil and mix well.

You won't need much of anything ... unless you want to make two or three applications at a time. You don't need much to do your entire face.

I suppose it really depends upon what you might have in your kitchen ... however, the "buffering" action of the castor oil might, indeed be a factor.

If you have an egg in the fridge that you don't mind wasting, separate the yolk from the white and take a bit of the white to mix in with the aspirin. The egg white is unlikely to be much of a buffer ... and when it dries, it should preclude any aspirin bits from falling off.

HTH

Mary

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |