Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Product to rid facial peach fuzz?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I was watching hsn a few days ago & saw Serious Skin Care had this product called Laser in a Bottle that was suppose to get rid of facial & body hair. It's not that big of an issue for me, but the tiny peach fuzz at the edges of my face by my hairline are just starting to bother me. I've never considered waxing/shaving b/c I was concerned about hair/fuzz growing back thicker. Jennifer said that her hair grows back less.

I went to check the reviews before purchasing, and the reviews on MUA & hsn for this product weren't very good.

Does anyone know of such a product that will remove facial hair, but now cause it to grow back thicker?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
use a razor and shave it. the hair wont grow back thicker or darker, and its a great exfoliator.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would reconsider waxing. My experience with waxing is that it actually reduces the amount of regrowth that you get over time. It takes a while for that to happen, but it definitely doesn't cause the hair to grow in thicker.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
if your prone to breakouts or have sensitive skin... dont wax your face
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I tried the shaving thing but the bf could feel it when he smooched me and it was too embarassing.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
I tried the shaving thing but the bf could feel it when he smooched me and it was too embarassing.

What you grew stubbles?! Shock

I (saying this with crimson face) tried shaving a couple times (because of y'alls here Razz ) and though I was skeptical at first, I think it actually works at exfoliating without the dreaded thicker regrowth aka stubbles.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Face Laser and the Body Laser or whatever it is called and found it irritated my skin. So I cannot recommend those products at all.

But I can recommend something else. I have peach fuzz "sideburns" and a little fuzz above my lip. The absolute best way to remove it I have found are these little wax strips called "Sally Hansen Wax Remover Strip Kit for Face, Eyebrows & Bikini". No irritation at all. I have been using it for a few years, and the hairs do seem to grow back sparser and finer. Super cheap and you get a bunch of strips.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
leidon--don't shave, like waffle says, it's too weird!

i would try carekate's recipe for shave minimizing oil, just apply a little each day and i think the peach fuzz should be less noticeable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
leidon--don't shave, like waffle says, it's too weird!

i would try carekate's recipe for shave minimizing oil, just apply a little each day and i think the peach fuzz should be less noticeable.

Different things work for different skin. Everyone's skin is different. Having said that, I do shave every other day. No stubble, can't feel it. If I forget to shave it shows when I use foundation 'cause the fuzz doesn't let the MMU "sit" right. Admittedly rarely do I use foundation.

But, I shave for the exfoliation benefit. It really makes my skin soft and smooth. And I'll tell you that it has made a HUGE difference in those little "icepick" scars I have on my cheeks. They are getting narrower and shallower all the time.

JMHO

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
On the weekend I shaved my face.

Astonishing to me, but true.

Due to the various threads about it here as an exfoliation, I thought I'd just do my forehead, but I'm not a cautious person and I just enjoyed the weirdness and shaved my entire face.

It's thursday pm now and I have no stubble.

Thankfully.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
That's good news. Smile I'm glad that you're pleased with the results. Smile
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Oh heavens! I've been shaving my face for 45 years and it hasen't fallen off...yet Laughing

No one thing works for all but it is good to give something a try if it sounds like it could help you. Don't ever NOT do something just because it sounds odd or you've never thought of it before. We would never learn anything with that attitude would we. Confused
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I also have been shaving because waxing irritated my skin. I do not see stubbles.

I also occasionally wax but now first
use baby powder or cornstarch (tip from another thread here). That eliminates the irritation.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
I tried the Face Laser and the Body Laser or whatever it is called and found it irritated my skin. So I cannot recommend those products at all.

But I can recommend something else. I have peach fuzz "sideburns" and a little fuzz above my lip. The absolute best way to remove it I have found are these little wax strips called "Sally Hansen Wax Remover Strip Kit for Face, Eyebrows & Bikini". No irritation at all. I have been using it for a few years, and the hairs do seem to grow back sparser and finer. Super cheap and you get a bunch of strips.

I also use this for my facial hair and legs.. Love it!! Very easy to use! Very Happy

You can also try those facial trimmers that use batteries. My sister has the Panasonic one. Very easy to use for her as she is allergic to waxing and stuff..
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES2113PC-Pivoting-Facial-Groomer/dp/B0009DT39C/sr=8-3/qid=1169751888/ref=sr_1_3/102-4513453-0236118?ie=UTF8&s=hpc
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
leidon--

Ooooh. I didn't know carekate had a recipe for a shave minimizing oil. Thanks for the tip. I know that Serious Skin care had a product that was suppose to be a growth inhibitor that they sold along with their laser in a bottle. But, I'm acne prone & wouldn't want to put that on my face.

Okay, just hearing ONE person's experience with stubble has definitely convinced me NOT to shave my face. With my luck, I could be one of the 1/100 who do get stubble from shaving. Not willing to take that chance! I read good reviews on the SH waxing strips. I was trying to decide b/w the strips & using the Veet for sensitive skin & decided to go with the depilatory b/c I have had problems in the past w/ingrown hairs with waxing. Has anyone tried this method on their face?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, I would also like to know if anyone has used a cream depilatory. I am a stubble victim, which is kind of weird since I'm really not even that hairy.
but I wouldn't say don't try it at all -- it wasn't visible on me, I just was too embarassed to makeout with mustache stubble...it was like a constant reminder, "OH HEY YOU HAVE A MUSTACHE, REMEMBER????"
so yes, anyone tried veet or whatever?
jsmd
5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Another shaver here. I developed a lot of peach fuzz from using retin-a. It was soft and blonde, but out in the sunlight it looked weird and noticable and my makeup did not go on smooth. It's much easier than waxing or depilitories. I don't get stubble or thick dark regrowth. Sometimes I use a razor, but mostly I use one of those electric razors that are supposed to be for the "private" areas. It's very gentle and leaves my face totally smooth.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I have that hair too and I'm really pale with black hair so it really shows up. I tried waxing and I broke out like crazy! I do NOT recommend trying that. I recently purchased some razors (the ones you use to shape eyebrows) and I've been using them on my entire face for about a week...I use it every other day or so and its working like a charm. It also makes you makeup go on so smooth...I'm loving it. I think those chemicals that remover hair are really harsh...used them on my eyebrows and upper lip for years.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
jsmd wrote:
Another shaver here. I developed a lot of peach fuzz from using retin-a. It was soft and blonde, but out in the sunlight it looked weird and noticable and my makeup did not go on smooth. It's much easier than waxing or depilitories. I don't get stubble or thick dark regrowth. Sometimes I use a razor, but mostly I use one of those electric razors that are supposed to be for the "private" areas. It's very gentle and leaves my face totally smooth.

I didn't know that Retin a stimulates facial hair growth? oh no!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
jsmd wrote:

I've never heard that about retin-a; are you sure that it causes hair growth?
jsmd
5% products discount

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, a side effect can be an increase in facial hair. It doesn't give you dark thick hair, but can increase the peach fuzz. My doctor said the increase in the peach fuzz on the sides of my face was from the retin-a but warned that waxing or using a depilatory on skin that has been exposed to retin-a could cause great irritation since retin-a skin is more sensitive. I have read that many women apply it to their hairline if they are having a thinning hairline, but it grows in more of a whispy baby hair consistency. Some apply Roagine and retin-a.
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
^^ yes, I have heard of that combo, but check with your dermatologist first. Also, my sis is trying shaving but she gets some stubble you can feel. She thinks hers is due to other hormonal issues which will get better with time and the health changes she's doing. She also tried laser treatments, but due to the same issues, it didn't last long. The doctor that does the laser said for her to shave, not wax. I'd try an inconspicuous area first and wait and check for stubble before doing this on large areas.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I would try professional waxing. It works the best, I would never shave. I use renova but I don't put in on the areas that is waxed. I do it myself, I go to Sally's and buy Hemp wax put it in the microwave for 120 seconds. wax the area the immeadiatly apply babyoil and don't wash it off for 30 minutes, it calms the skin. to do it yrself is hard at first, afterall no one want to hurt their self. then I tweeze whatever is left. Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
jsmd wrote:
Yes, a side effect can be an increase in facial hair. It doesn't give you dark thick hair, but can increase the peach fuzz. My doctor said the increase in the peach fuzz on the sides of my face was from the retin-a but warned that waxing or using a depilatory on skin that has been exposed to retin-a could cause great irritation since retin-a skin is more sensitive. I have read that many women apply it to their hairline if they are having a thinning hairline, but it grows in more of a whispy baby hair consistency. Some apply Roagine and retin-a.

Wow! That is so interesting! Thank you for explaining. Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
draqulet wrote:
I would try professional waxing. It works the best, I would never shave. I use renova but I don't put in on the areas that is waxed. I do it myself, I go to Sally's and buy Hemp wax put it in the microwave for 120 seconds. wax the area the immeadiatly apply babyoil and don't wash it off for 30 minutes, it calms the skin. to do it yrself is hard at first, afterall no one want to hurt their self. then I tweeze whatever is left. Very Happy

I waxed an area I used Renova on and suffered as a result. Embarassed It took a week to recover from the mishap.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |