Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE: Candessence Almond Amaretto Latte Soap
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Hide your credit cards! I am in love with this soap! I was lucky enough to score a bar from the test batch of this soap & I am hooked. It is just as addictive as my morning cup of coffee! It smells just like an amaretto latte! I love using it in the shower in the morning, it just "perks" me up. And I love the coffee grinds in the soap - they act as an invigorating (yet gentle) exfoliant, while releasing the aroma of freshly brewed coffee! I am still drooling. If you are a coffee-addict like me, you will not be disappointed in this little hidden treasure! I just cannot describe in words how yummy this soap smells! It is a winner. Wink
Has anyone else tried it yet too?

-Darren
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
This might help my credit card! I don't drink coffee but LOVE the smell...I was seriously thinking about buying a coffee maker just so I could wake up to the aroma Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, Candy, please add this scent to your line-up--- I can't WAIT to try it!!!

Edited: Nevermind, I found that the soap is now available for sale, SWEET! (Now if I can just sweet-talk Candy into scenting some other stuff with this fragrance too, yumm!!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
This sounds delicious! I love foody scented products like this - anything with vanilla, coffee or chocolate is right up my street.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
You can buy it already. It's listed on her "Handmade Soaps" page. It's the very last one at the bottom. Soooo yummy! Very Happy

manslayerliz wrote:
OMG, Candy, please add this scent to your line-up--- I can't WAIT to try it!!!

Edited: Nevermind, I found that the soap is now available for sale, SWEET! (Now if I can just sweet-talk Candy into scenting some other stuff with this fragrance too, yumm!!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
OMG...Darren, this is a total "must have" for me! I LOVE coffee,and all things coffee-scented ! Out comes the credit card...

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
This might help my credit card! I don't drink coffee but LOVE the smell...I was seriously thinking about buying a coffee maker just so I could wake up to the aroma Smile

Laughing

... I think that Candy actually is an angel in disguise as super woman Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
...and now when we are on the subject of Candy's soaps...

As x-mas gifts I got shower gels and Lemon/Rosemary + Honey Oatmeal soaps and smoochie lipbalms for friends and family... they have all gotten back to me to tell me they LOVE their soaps and lipbalms.

Lemon Rosemary is wicked at removeing unwanted smellies from your hands (like shrimps) and the honey oatmeal smells devine and comforting. I love the lipbalms and luckily everyone else did too! My Mum can be a little bit difficult, especially when it comes to scents - and she has fallen for the Juicy Orange lipbalm - also my fav!

I ordered before Candy wised up ( Wink ) about scent choices - actually I think I might be the reason she decided to limit choices ( Embarassed ). I ordered LOADS of showergel, all in different scents...not very practical when it comes to production... Anyhooo... The rain scents are / were the most appreciated, China Rain is so fresh and romantic...So Candy sweets - you are a marvel and your products are marvelous Very Happy and if you need tips on fresh spring and summer scents for you spring and summer collections - go for the rainy ones Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
...and now when we are on the subject of Candy's soaps...

As x-mas gifts I got shower gels and Lemon/Rosemary + Honey Oatmeal soaps and smoochie lipbalms for friends and family... they have all gotten back to me to tell me they LOVE the soaps and the lipbalms.

Lemon Rosemary is wicked at removeing unwanted smellies from your hands (like shrimps) and the honey oatmeal smells devine and comforting. I love the lipbalms and luckily everyone else did too! My Mum can be a little bit difficult, especially when it comes to scents - and she has fallen for the Juicy Orange lipbalm - also my fav!

So Candy sweets - you are a marvel and your products are marvelous Very Happy

Ruth, you are so right about the Lemon Rosemary soap...there is ALWAYS a bar of it in my kitchen! I cook a lot with garlic, so it's awesome for getting that smell off your hands.

And I agree...Candy is quite the superwoman, and an angel to boot! It's great to be able to buy from someone who not only creates such amazing products, but is a truly good-hearted person as well...

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
OH my! Yet ANOTHER thing to add to my already growing "I want it from Candy" list.

Loved your description!

I gave up coffee so maybe this will satiate my cravings in the morning!!!!

Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
YES!!! I have this soap! It is all that has been described, and more. When I first sniffed it, I wondered how many Weight Watcher points it would cost me, it smells soooo delicious! It is so creamy and rich smelling, decadent, if that makes any sense. Now, usually, I like citrus or mint to wake me up in the shower. But the coffee scent is just like having a very dark, fresh pot of coffee brewing in the shower. It's amazing. Isn't Candy a gifted wizard?!

Yes, you NEED to experience this soap. Don't miss it; just give in and order it. You will not regret it. Fab.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
YES!!! I have this soap! It is all that has been described, and more. When I first sniffed it, I wondered how many Weight Watcher points it would cost me, it smells soooo delicious! It is so creamy and rich smelling, decadent, if that makes any sense. Now, usually, I like citrus or mint to wake me up in the shower. But the coffee scent is just like having a very dark, fresh pot of coffee brewing in the shower. It's amazing. Isn't Candy a gifted wizard?!

Yes, you NEED to experience this soap. Don't miss it; just give in and order it. You will not regret it. Fab.

LOL...I ordered earlier today Very Happy haven't treated myself to anything new or lovely for weeks but it feels like years...now I have something to look forward too apart from redecorateing the flat Laughing ¨

Oh, also ordered the new Berry soap aynd am finealy takeing the plunge and going to start on DMAE Very Happy so will be back with reviews!

cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
The Pepperberry scent is truly amazingly gorgeous!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
sigh ... how am I going to get caught up on products when Candy keeps making MORE???

... where's my list

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Great review! I love the scent of amaretto -- must add this to my list. Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Ooo, soaps did someone say soaps? he he he. I am a soap bar addict. I make soaps all the time as well as love to purchase other people's handmade soap! Nothing like soap made from scratch with good wholesome ingredients! I will have to check out Candessence's website. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry. Don't see it listed on the EDS page. Is it sold elsewhere?
chessie
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Nevermind ! I just found it Shock
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
OMG you people are bad. Bad Grin I no sooner think I have everything I need and someone has to post about another Candessence product. Each time I look at Candy's site she has added another tempting item.

Now I am going to have to try this yummy soap.

Your site looks awesome Candy. You Go Girl. Smile
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think this must have been the sample that I received with my order, it wasn't labelled but through the process of elimination I'm assuming that this is the soap! I love it, the smell is divine, I can't stop washing my hands with it Very Happy

Using these products has put me off using the old ones I used to use with all the added chemicals. Strange as it may sound I wish there were a line of natural household cleaning products that smelt as great as all of the products I've tried from Candessence.

Anyway I will defibitely be purchasing some of her soaps now, after trying this one. I love everything I've tried so far!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but just wanted to add my enthusiastic rave for this soap! I will agree whole heartedly with Darren and Cedar that it really does perk you up in the morning...just like a wonderful, aromatic pot of coffee or an amaretto latte! This will be a definite repurchase (for me, and my coffee-loving friends!)

Sel wrote:

Using these products has put me off using the old ones I used to use with all the added chemicals.

I've had the same experience, Sel. After using Candy's lotions, soaps, etc. I really find it hard to go back to the "old stuff." I have gotten completely spoiled by the top quality ingredients and the lovely, authentic scents she uses. And of course, the customer service can't be beat! No wonder we all love Candy!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
You guys are making it really hard for me to abstain from ordering from Candy. I saw this soap on her site and it sounds right up my alley-- I love rich, desserty scented bath products. I also have my eye on her brown sugar scrub.

I have to wait to order, though! I have a ton of bath stuff already, and my credit card is still smoking from the orders I made this month!

Soon, though... Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Dancing Happy Ruthie got her parcel today Dancing

and in it was: an assortment of lovely lovely soaps...one of each actually Laughing All individualy rapped in little celofane giftbags, very pretty ... they all smell and look so fantastic I seriously don't know which to start useing first! Leaning towards the pepperred berry soap though...YUMMY!

also got lipbalms in lemonade (which my SO ripped off me immediately!, luckily I got 2 Razz ) and in my all time favourite Juicy Orange

As stated before, I'm takeing the plunge into DMAE and a proper c-serum (the ferulic vit e one) ... such fun all of this!

Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Dancing Happy Ruthie got her parcel today Dancing

and in it was: an assortment of lovely lovely soaps...one of each actually Laughing All individualy rapped in little celofane giftbags, very pretty ... they all smell and look so fantastic I seriously don't know which to start useing first! Leaning towards the pepperred berry soap though...YUMMY!

also got lipbalms in lemonade (which my SO ripped off me immediately!, luckily I got 2 Razz ) and in my all time favourite Juicy Orange

As stated before, I'm takeing the plunge into DMAE and a proper c-serum (the ferulic vit e one) ... such fun all of this!

Hi Ruth! wave

Did you end up trying the peppered berry soap? If so, what did you think? I have the body butter in that scent and I love it...so I can only imagine the soap is just as wonderful!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the DMAE and C-serum once you try them! And I agree...this is definitely fun stuff. Very Happy Every time an order from Candy arrives, it's like Christmas around here!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Mary, I am so not liking you right now, I just emailed Candy asking about her pepper soap, it sounds devine, I am very picky on scents and most I can deciper how they will smell before hand, but this one really really really really peaks my interest!!! Did I mention I really want to try this one?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |