Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sephora is somewhat shifty...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been waiting...and waiting...and waiting for a good sample code from Sephora. I remembered that the last time I placed an order, within 48 hours I received a really kick butt code for a bag of samples. But seeing as I had just spent a good amount of money, I never used the code.

I waited and waited this time, for 4 weeks...and finally I put in my order on Tuesday. Wednesday morning I check my email, sure enough there was an email, announcing a code for a new sample.

Do you think that Sephora waits and automatically sends out a new email after you place an order with a code they haven't sent you yet?
It would make sense...to try to get you to buy more...but SHEESH!

Anyone else experience this? Am I just being suspicious? I seriously waited forever to place my order! I shake my fist at you Sephora and your glorious sample codes that come oh but just too late!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes ParisTroika, I do believe that Sephora is conspiring against you. It's an elaborate plan just to entice you into spending more money. Bad Grin

I think that this is one of the few times that I have timed my order well. Smile Apparently, Sephora has moved on from me and onto you. Wink
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
That usually happens to me too.
Confused
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
oh my god, they are too smart!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Paris, that sucks! I'm sure they do it on purpose. How stupid is that - its really bad faith. I hate when retailers do that ... I mean you just dumped a bunch of money on them and they pull that? Ridiculous.
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
oh my god, they are too smart!

Well, I think their marketing dept. thinks of themselves as clever, and maybe enough frequent buyers do go for it. Afterall, what do they have to lose? OTOH, savvy shoppers can smell it for what it's worth. (That would be us EDSers. )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Must add...just got my order. I ordered on MONDAY...shipped Tuesday and just got it today, Thursday.

I picked USPS this time...had I chosen UPS, I would not have gotten it until next week!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I think it's just bad luck. I haven't ordered since way before Christmas and I still get the codes via email.

Just to make sure, before I place a Sephora order I go over to MUA and check out all the new codes posted.

A friend of mine gets her Sephora catalogs a good week or so before I do in the mail. So I don't think they send everything out to everyone at the same time. From what I've heard, our promotions all come from different regional offices. All the same promotions, but that's probably why we sometimes have similar but still different code words.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I am not a fan of sephora, the stuff is expensive, no discount plus the gift are not that great. I would rather stick with EDS.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this experience with almost every mail order company I've dealt with. I always get a coupon, voucher, email code or whatever after I've placed an order. C'est la vie. Kinda makes EDS unique in their discount policy.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
<sigh> If only EDS sold as many color cosmetics as Sephora! Skin care is the key, but I like a variety of cosmetics too.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |