Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What was your very first skincare product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am talking about your ealiest memory of a product you used as part of your routine. For myself, I used to use baby powder as a deoderant when I was a child because I was going to ballet school. My feet would blister and bleed from my point slippers and I used to use Cherry Chapstick also for my lips.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
witch hazel and noxema - about 100 years ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bonnell chapsticks! Razz
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I "think" my first might have been the classic Oil of Olay (atleast that's the first one I remember!). I think I started using it in Junior High School sometime.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Noxema and Ivory soap
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Noxzema - As kids, we applied it on our sun burns Shame on you ....there were no sunscreens...just "sun tan oils".

Sea Breeze - astringent toner...middle school,around 1979...do they still make this?
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lipgloss definitely, Bonne Bell lipsmackers (big strawberry one that you wore round your neck), Maybelline kissing potion (the roller ball one), Village Lip Lickers (the ones in the metal case with the sliding top - if you were extra cool you would have the big metal case with two flavors). I still love lipgloss!!!

Very Happy

ETA I just noticed the 'sun tan oil' in another post... I used to lay out on one of those silver blankets with either Hawaiian Tropic oil (sunscreen? what's that?) or, even worse, baby oil and iodine. Shock
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bonne bell lipsmakers and Noxema. I totally bought into the Noxema commercials as a teenager.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Glycerin Soap

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
biore cleanser
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was a teen in the 70's, so my first recollection was using Bonne Bell Ten-O-Six lotion . Anyone remember that?

The first perfumes I remember wearing was Love's Baby Soft and Avon Sweet Honesty. I also remember loving "Agree" shampoo and one with beer in it although I can't think of the name.

Sure does bring back fond memories!

-Cheri
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
The Body Shop tea tree oil range during my tweens. Then I moved on to Shiseido and Lancome during my teenage years. Ah growing pains!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I was a teen in the 70's, so my first recollection was using Bonne Bell Ten-O-Six lotion . Anyone remember that?

The first perfumes I remember wearing was Love's Baby Soft and Avon Sweet Honesty. I also remember loving "Agree" shampoo and one with beer in it although I can't think of the name.

Sure does bring back fond memories!

-Cheri

OMG - Cheri - my first perfumes were Love's Baby Soft and Sweet Honesty - I remember one night we were having a bonfire and I went off with this boy I was dating and we were having a good make-out session Embarassed and I got attacked by mosquitoes. They would not leave me alone! They must of loved the Sweet Honesty. And yes, I used to use Agree shampoo too and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and sometimes Psssssst when I didn't have time to wash my hair.

Also - Johnson's No More Tangles
Phisoderm (remember that?)
Noxema
Maybelline mascara curved brush red tube, can't think of the name
Lipgloss in Pralines and Cream

I know more will come to me...I should have seen it back then that I would grow into the junkie that I am today. I was always obsessed with makeup and products!

Also, sunscreen consisted of Hawaiin Tropic with like a 2 spf. Gawd - if I only knew then....

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin SPF15 back in high school. And I thought *that* was expensive back then! Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:

And yes, I used to use Agree shampoo too and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and sometimes Psssssst when I didn't have time to wash my hair.

Maria Laughing

I had forgotten about "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific"! I used that too. Didn't Farrah Fawcett come out with a shampoo around that time? Everyone wanted her hair.

I think my first non-drugstore foundation was Merle Norman.

-Cheri
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Baby oil and iodine for a suntan lotion many ages ago.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I started with Noxema as well. Does anyone still use this?? Was it any good? I also used Noxema astringent on pads, and those suckers are what started my blackheads! Ah, if only I knew. Sad My skin would have been better now if I hadn't started off with such harsh products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
My first skin care product was Ten-O-Six. I'm pretty sure that it was mostly alcohol... I don't know if they even make it anymore.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was a Noxema girl. Washed my face with nothing else. Never had any of that teenage acne or ever a breakout period, for that matter. Probably should have stayed with it.

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh, I remember all these....Love's Baby Soft...Sweet Honesty...Johnson's No More Tangles...all those sweet smells!...and my Dorothy Hamell haircut. *sigh*
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I remember all these as well, Love's Baby Soft... anyone remember Babe perfume? Or Tickle deodorant, the one with the great big roller ball?

The beer shampoo was called Body on Tap and Farrah Fawcett advertised Faberge Organics shampoo. I guess I was a product junkie way back then as well!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure I can remember too many of them as it was so long ago but I do recall using Bonne Bell Ten O Six at one stage and also some Inoxa products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also used Head n Shoulders. No wonder my hair is so thin now...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I recall it was 30 years ago that I bought POND's cold cream.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely 10-0-6 astringent.

And the ever-popular....

PhisoHex.

Get a lil drip of THAT in your mouth and you're spitting for the next full hour. Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |