Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Interesting chat with Justin from Best Bath Store
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Today I was having trouble placing an order at bestbathstore.com, so I shot Justin (the owner) an email and asked him for help. Imagine my surprise when a few minutes later the phone rang and Justin was on the line! He helped me with my order, and then we had a nice chat about BBS products, ingredients, etc. I have to say that I was very impressed with Justin's sincerity and desire to create truly natural, cruelty-free, environmentally-friendly products. He very careful traces all of his ingredients so he knows exactly what he's using and he can be sure none of it was animal-tested or contains animal by-products, which is a big deal to me.

I was also very impressed with Justin's willingness to create new products to suit his customers' needs. When I told him I couldn't use his bars or bath bombs because of my castor oil allergy he was more than happy to start making castor oil-free versions, and he told me that as we speak he's working on several new lip balms because an EDS member (not me, for once!) has lip sensitivities, and he wants to find a formulation that she (and people like her) would be able to use. So, if anyone has any products they'd like to see, feel free to shoot Justin an email or a PM, since he's formulating new products right now and is more than happy to get suggestions.

Lastly, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm totally excited about getting a goodie bag of BBS samples in a few months! I'm not exactly sure how it's going to work--- maybe a signup page at bbs?--- but I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear anything.

This was actually my first time having such an in-depth conversation with the creator of a product line (OK, besides our beloved Candy and Carekate^-^), so it was very enlightening and it definitely only raised my opinion of BBS. Hooray for good CS!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
ahhhhh (big sigh)....that EDS member with the lip allergy would be moi. hehe Justin was so gracious to send me one of his lip balms to try and I tried it once, and the allergic reaction is still lingering. My lips are still dry and burning a little bit after I tried the lip balm. I have no idea what I was allergic to since all of the ingredients looked so good to me. I told Justin the only thing my lips would be ok with was Vaseline Intensive Lip Therapy. Or I just call it Vaseline lip balm. I really really wish I knew what my problem is since I have not been able to use another brand of lip balm or lipstick since...forever. I'm happy to know that Justin really cares, and he is trying to help me. When he said he would do some research on this issue, I thought he was just saying this. Wow, what a great guy!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
That is incredible, Liz! I've always been impressed by the ingredients lists of their products and its obvious just by looking at those that Justin takes great care in formulating his products. I really want to incorporate more of their products in my routine.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Imagine how much better the world would be if all skincare and makeup companies went that extra mile for their customers like Justin. Their CS is unbelievably awesome and their products are even better.

Thanks so much for your updates on codes and stuff Liz! You're awesome!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
what a shame.. it looks as though bestbathstore doesnt ship to the UK.

Crying or Very sad
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
what a shame.. it looks as though bestbathstore doesnt ship to the UK.

Crying or Very sad

They do! It's $7.95 to anywhere in Europe Very Happy
If you create an account it will automatically add international shipping. I will be ordering the lip balm and some samples later...
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a sample of the eye cream after the great review on it......not unlike why I have placed every other order. I have to stop reading those things.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Today I was having trouble placing an order at bestbathstore.com, so I shot Justin (the owner) an email and asked him for help. Imagine my surprise when a few minutes later the phone rang and Justin was on the line! He helped me with my order, and then we had a nice chat about BBS products, ingredients, etc. I have to say that I was very impressed with Justin's sincerity and desire to create truly natural, cruelty-free, environmentally-friendly products. He very careful traces all of his ingredients so he knows exactly what he's using and he can be sure none of it was animal-tested or contains animal by-products, which is a big deal to me.

I was also very impressed with Justin's willingness to create new products to suit his customers' needs. When I told him I couldn't use his bars or bath bombs because of my castor oil allergy he was more than happy to start making castor oil-free versions, and he told me that as we speak he's working on several new lip balms because an EDS member (not me, for once!) has lip sensitivities, and he wants to find a formulation that she (and people like her) would be able to use. So, if anyone has any products they'd like to see, feel free to shoot Justin an email or a PM, since he's formulating new products right now and is more than happy to get suggestions.

Lastly, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm totally excited about getting a goodie bag of BBS samples in a few months! I'm not exactly sure how it's going to work--- maybe a signup page at bbs?--- but I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear anything.

This was actually my first time having such an in-depth conversation with the creator of a product line (OK, besides our beloved Candy and Carekate^-^), so it was very enlightening and it definitely only raised my opinion of BBS. Hooray for good CS!

This is great - I'm going to bug Justin about making a conditioner that isn't so rich it has to be shampooed out (I haven't yet tried their leave-in conditioner, but as I understand from both threads and the ingredient list, you put it on and leave it on overnight and then shampoo it out the next day - cool, but I want a normal daily conditioner too!). Anyone else who's into it should let him know too, so he knows there are more of us - I've seen other people wishing they offered that product. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
(OK, besides our beloved Candy and Carekate^-^), so it was very enlightening and it definitely only raised my opinion of BBS. Hooray for good CS!

THE carekate? Shock Oh wow, I didn't know that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz, next time you talk with him I think it might be prudent to ask how his formulas are preserved against microbial contamination. I looked through several formulas and I didn't see any preservatives. Now if he wants to "claim" all natural I can see why he did that because there are no "all natural" preservatives.

However, this still leaves me wondering how his formulas don't grow bacteria, mold, fungus and other nasty microbes without a preservative. It would be a shame for somebody to get an infection or sick from a non-preserved consumer product.

John

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |