Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

*REVIEW* Zenbiotic Foundation Pack + other products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my review of the Zenbiotic Foundation Pack and a few other Zenbiotic facial care items. I decided to give Zenbiotic an all-or-nothing approach so I am reveiwing the products all w/in this post.
I Zenbiotic and I'm VERY glad I tried it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's natural, is very gentle and has made a huge difference with my skin...

The Zenbiotic Products I use:

Zenbiotic Foundation Pack:
Face & Body Cleanser
Oxytoner Skin Prep
Phyto Moisturizer
Cell Renewal Serum
Synergy Serum

Sun Protector & Moisturizer
Winter Moisture
Oxygen Replenish

I have been trying to find the right products to use for my confused skin (I may be oily but my skin still gets dehydrated!). Many times I would find that one product would be too heavy or another product would not be moisturizing enough. I also have become more concerned with targeting my fine lines and preventing aging. Even though I had seen much improvement since starting Tazorac 0.1% gel, using homemade Dr H cleansing cream and a homemade aspirin mask I was still getting clogged pores and break outs. I also have very sensitive skin that can become red and blotchy if I am not careful. Before this past summer I had been using Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel to calm my skin and help lighten my post inflammatory hyperpigmented spots (aka- post blemish red scars). The reason I stopped using it was b/c I wasn’t confident in the inactive ingredients and I also was wondering how my skin would fare w/out it. When I initially started using it made such a huge difference in calming my redness so I was nervous about finding something else that would calm just as well. A few weeks after stopping it, my skin definitely became noticeably redder and splotchy. It’s a good thing that my Zenbiotic regime has addressed this skin issue- my skin is as calm as ever!!!

Zenbiotic products have fully impressed me with their effects, textures, scents, and presentation. My skin has really cleared up in the last month. I also appreciate being able to hydrate my skin w/out oiliness/greasiness. I have been using the basic foundation pack + Oxygen Replenish since the end of November ’06 and the Sun P & S and Winter Moisture since the end of the first week of December ’06. (At fist I was just using the foundation pack but it wasn’t hydrating enough so I added, upon Robert of Zenbiotic’s advice, the Sun Protector & Moisturizer and Winter Moisture into my regime.) I am so afraid that my skin will stop “responding” to Zenbiotic and go back to its clogged pore, break out self. God, I hope not!!!

For the first couple of weeks of using the foundation pack I only used the serums every other night (each serum 2 nights per week) to let my skin adjust to all of the ingredients. This is recommended as your skin needs to adjust to the "active, engery-rich nutrition". In fact Zenbiotic says that it's possible that some users will experience a detox process where their skin may break out a little more for a few weeks after introducing your skin to the products. I seemed ok with this step. I already had breakouts so this might be why I didn't notice too much of a purging process. You can visit the Zenbiotic FAQ page http://www.zenbiotic.com/skinfaq.htm to find out more.

Some of you may be like me- sensitive to scents- so I thought I would mention that I love the smells of ALL of the products (of course, everyone has his/her own preference). Most products are very subtle and each of the products’ scents dissipates after application.

In summation, it has addressed the following skin issues:
-Clogged pores (OMG! My pores are so much clearer and my pores are less noticeable… I don’t look as much like the surface of an orange peel Laughing )
-Sensitivity
-Acne
-Dehydration
-Fine lines (I think from hydrating my skin and plumping it up… the more dehydrated my skin is the more noticeable my wrinkles/lines are)
-Flakiness
-Oiliness

Also, FYI, in the last two years I tried or used for a while the Decleor Ylang-Ylang oil (then a homemade version), Skinmedica Rejuvinating cream, Dr Hauschka Normalizing Day oil and Clarifying toner, and Cellex-C Hydrating B5 gel (+Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective gel as mentioned above). Before these products I tried out Proactiv, ZenMed Acne treatment gel, and the Clarins oil controlling range (Clarins was before I joined this forum. Wink)

Review for each product:

Arrow Face & Body Cleanser
When: AM &PM
I pump two squirts into the palm of my hand, lightly rub my hands together and apply to my dampened face. I massage for about 30 seconds and even use the push-pull method similar to using DHCC. Then I rinse with luke warm to cool water and pat my face dry.

This cleanser barely foams yet it cleans amazingly. My skin is left feeling very clean with no residue and no tightness. It has a
very subtle earthy, herbal like scent. This is a wonderful cleanser!

Arrow Oxytoner Skin Prep
When: AM & PM
After my skin has dried from cleansing, I mist my face with about 6 pumps. I them pat/press it into my skin. And go onto the next step. At night if I feel like my skin needs some extra cleansing I will also mist a cotton pad and wipe my face.

Before I bought this I was worried that it would have a heavy vinegar scent and sting because it contains ACV. Well, I can’t even tell it contains ACV! No stinging and the scent is divine and very subtle.

Arrow Sun Protector & Moisturizer
When: AM
While my skin is still damp from the Oxytoner I apply 1-2 pumps of this to my face, throat, chest and ears. I even apply a bit around my eyes and on my eyelids. It has a light, herbal, rose like scent to it.

The texture is like a lotion and is a highly pigmented white (don’t worry- it doesn’t make me look like a ghost). When my skin is damp is spreads easily and soaks in. Adding this to my foundation pack regime has really helped keep my skin hydrated. I also like that it is protecting my skin from UVA and UVB rays!

Arrow Oxygen Replenish
After cleansing, Oxytoner and Sun P & S I mist a few sprays onto my face and pat/press into my skin. In the PM, I apply after cleansing and Oxytoner.

This is one of those little wonders that if I started going without it I would notice it a chance I am not willing to take. It really helps calm my skin and really makes a different with blemishes in terms of redness and infection. It has also helped calm extra flakey, red patches. I have also noticed a difference when I extract a clogged pore or zit… I will douse it with Oxy Replenish as a final step after applying all other products. The next morning the now previously clogged pore is not red, or infected like they would be before I started using this. The extracted zit is also less inflamed. Amazing, eh? (But wait- it get's better: I've found that when I use Best Bath Store's Acne Serum on top of the ZB Oxy replenish, I see an even greater improvement. This serum really helps with infection and healing. But that's for another review at another time...)

Arrow Phyto Moisturizer
In the AM after I apply my Sun P & M I mist my face and throat with about 2-4 sprays and then pat/press it into my skin.

This moisturizer is very light and has a very subtle, herbally scent to it. I think it’s one of those products that you don’t realize how good it is for your skin until you stop using it- again, not a chance I am willing to take.

Arrow Cell Renewal Serum
When: PM (every other night- I rotate it with the Synergy serum)
While my skin is still damp I spread around the tiniest amount into the tips of my fingers and then onto my face. It’s very concentrated so the other products while still damp on the skin helps to spread it around. If I find that it’s a bit sticky, I just spray my face again once or twice with the Phyto Moisturizer and spread again.

The texture of this is a thick serum and is milky white. Mine is in a pot (so I dip my finger tip into it and take out a water drop size amount) but they now offer it in an airless pump. (To me that’s better b/c it reduced contamination). It has a subtle herbal aromatic scent.

Arrow Synergy Serum
When: PM (every other night- rotated with the Cell Renewal Serum)
While my skin is still damp I spread around the tiniest amount into the tips of my fingers and then onto my face. It’s very concentrated so the other products while still damp on the skin helps to spread it around. If I find that it’s a bit sticky, I just spray my face again once or twice with the Phyto Moisturizer and spread again.

The texture is like the Cell Renewal Serum- a thick serum and is milky orange. Again, mine is in a pot (so I dip my finger tip into it and take out a water drop size amount). It has a stronger herbal aromatic scent.

Arrow Winter Moisture

When: AM (when skin is showing signs of extra dryness) & PM
after all other steps when my skin is still damp from the Phyto Moisture, I spritz 2-3 sprays across my face. I then pat/press it into my skin and spread it over areas that the spritz didn’t reach including my eye area.

I am so glad I added this to my regime as it has really helped to moisturize my skin. It’s a bit heavier than the phyto moisture (but still very light!). For it’s light texture, it does a lot! It also seems to be very soothing as well. I think I might try the Moisture Enrich (in the serum form) too when my skin is really flakey. Of course I will update my review after I try it Wink.

Product Ingredients:

Face & Body Cleanser
Purified water, vegetable glycerin, almond oil, castor oil, rosemary, aloe Vera, rose, alfalfa, kelp, sea weed, organic flax oil, horsetail and walnut oil, acrimony, borage, catnip, chamomile, chervil, comfrey, fennel sweet, feverfew.

Oxytoner Skin Prep
De-ionized water, organic raw apple cider vinegar, aloe Vera, pure lemon extract, mint extract, chamomile, rose, horsetail, rosemary, gum weed, wormwood, plantain.

Sun Protector & Moisturizer
Organic fresh inner leaf and gel of Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, zinc oxide, calcium, magnesium, antioxidants, wheat amino acids, vitamins C, A, B, other minerals and vitamins.

Phyto Moisturizer
Purified water, witch hazel extract, strawberry, cucumber, rice extract, lily extract, plant proteins, Vitamin E, pure vegetable glycerin

Winter Moisture
Certified organic jojoba, fine plant oils of avocado, apricot, grape seed, almond, sassafras, lemon grass, vitamin E, sage, sandalwood. Also contains ingredients found in the Phyto Moisturizer and Skin Prep. (In a base of magnetically charged mineral water.)

Oxygen Replenish
Pure, highly charged mineralized water, contains electrolytes

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis, thank you for such a thorough and detailed review! I'm so glad you've had such a positive experience with the ZB products. Like you, I also noticed improvement in regards to clogged pores, sensitivity, dehydrating, etc etc. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Moisture Enrich! (PS: I totally agree with you about the scents. I'm soooo sensitive to fragrance, and to me the ZB products are the best-smelling products I've ever used.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Amnis, thank you for such a thorough and detailed review! I'm so glad you've had such a positive experience with the ZB products. Like you, I also noticed improvement in regards to clogged pores, sensitivity, dehydrating, etc etc. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Moisture Enrich! (PS: I totally agree with you about the scents. I'm soooo sensitive to fragrance, and to me the ZB products are the best-smelling products I've ever used.)

I'm so glad we've had such a positive experience with the ZB products. Exclamation Wink

manslayerliz wrote:
to me the ZB products are the best-smelling products I've ever used.)

Seriously! Best ever, for sure.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
amnis,it was a great review,thanks for posting.
my skin pronlem is:
Clogged pores
-Sensitivity
-Acne
-Dehydration
-Oiliness

Did you bought ZB product direct from their website ?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
amnis,it was a great review,thanks for posting.
my skin pronlem is:
Clogged pores
-Sensitivity
-Acne
-Dehydration
-Oiliness

Did you bought ZB product direct from their website ?

Yes, I bought my stuff right from their website:www.zenbiotic.com .

shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
amnis :It's wonderful!I've been trying find something to balance my oily but dehydrate skin!I also have sensitive skin !I want to buy ZB product soon and i'll go website now Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Arrow Oxygen Replenish
After cleansing, Oxytoner and Sun P & S I mist a few sprays onto my face and pat/press into my skin. In the PM, I apply after cleansing and Oxytoner.

This is one of those little wonders that if I started going without it I would notice it a chance I am not willing to take. It really helps calm my skin and really makes a different with blemishes in terms of redness and infection. It has also helped calm extra flakey, red patches. I have also noticed a difference when I extract a clogged pore or zit… I will douse it with Oxy Replenish as a final step after applying all other products. The next morning the now previously clogged pore is not red, or infected like they would be before I started using this. The extracted zit is also less inflamed. Amazing, eh? (But wait- it get's better: I've found that when I use Best Bath Store's Acne Serum on top of the ZB Oxy replenish, I see an even greater improvement. This serum really helps with infection and healing. But that's for another review at another time...)

Oxygen Replenish
Pure, highly charged mineralized water, contains electrolytes[/i]

I can't seem to find this on their website Think. Can someone point me to the right page?
Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
havana8

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
amnis wrote:
Arrow Oxygen Replenish

Oxygen Replenish

I can't seem to find this on their website Think. Can someone point me to the right page?
Thanks, R. Smile

I think it is third product down on this page....
http://www.zenbiotic.com/DEEP%20CLEANSERS.htm
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Amnis for the great review. I have very much enjoyed some of the ZenB products.

I have to admit that, when I first purchased some of the products, I thought it was probably just another Crunchy-Granola brand (here in So Calif we specialize in that Laughing ) that I could probably buy from my local health food store, but I was very wrong.

I have used the cleanser and, despite being really nervous about some of the ingredients (the oils and the glycerin), I found it to be a great morning cleanser -- rinsed clean, no oily film or residues. I don't wear much makeup, but the cleanser didn't remove makeup as well as I would have liked and I hate using a separate makeup remover (I'm too lazy Wink ), so I reserved the cleanser for AM use.

I'm also a big fan of their Toner and O2 spray! Such simple ingredients, but they really do make my skin feel good.

I'm very curious about their sunscreen and will have to look into it.

I also feel that it's nice to have such clean, effective products available for a great price.

Again, EXCELLENT review! I've always wondered how to use all of the products, so I've cut/pasted your review to keep as an Instruction Sheet(hope you don't mind).

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
amnis wrote:
Arrow Oxygen Replenish

Oxygen Replenish

Thanks, R. Smile

Here it is:

http://www.zenbiotic.com/DEEP%20CLEANSERS.htm#Oxygen

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I don't wear much makeup, but the cleanser didn't remove makeup as well as I would have liked and I hate using a separate makeup remover (I'm too lazy Wink ), so I reserved the cleanser for AM use.

I'm also a big fan of their Toner and O2 spray! Such simple ingredients, but they really do make my skin feel good.

I'm very curious about their sunscreen and will have to look into it.

I also feel that it's nice to have such clean, effective products available for a great price.

Again, EXCELLENT review! I've always wondered how to use all of the products, so I've cut/pasted your review to keep as an Instruction Sheet(hope you don't mind).

Marla

Thanks, Marla. Smile

I'm glad you have found Zenbiotic to be so effective too.

You found that it didn't remove your makeup? I think it works great (I wear MMU though). Actually, I have to admit that on the occasion I wear mascara it seems it's not the greatest at washing it away. I would say 6 out of 10 (and 10 out of 10 for overall cleansing).

Definitely try the sunscreen. I really like it (duh... I said as much in my review... hehe). The only thing is that on the actual label it says to reapply after 2 hours... well, how is that possible if one is wearing makeup? Confused Unless reapplying after 2 hours only refers to the case if one wears it on the rest of one's body because it's probably not water-proof or rub-proof (like those other sunscreens out there, it doesn't contain any chemicals to make it this way).

marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

You found that it didn't remove your makeup? I think it works great (I wear MMU though). Actually, I have to admit that on the occasion I wear mascara it seems it's not the greatest at washing it away. I would say 6 out of 10 (and 10 out of 10 for overall cleansing).

Yeah, it didn't seem to remove my (non waterproof) mascara or my tinted moisturizer, both of which I wear most days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:

I have to admit that, when I first purchased some of the products, I thought it was probably just another Crunchy-Granola brand (here in So Calif we specialize in that Laughing ) that I could probably buy from my local health food store, but I was very wrong.

Marla, I totally laughed when I read this because I thought the exact same thing. When I first found the link for the ZB website here on EDS I took a look, and I was initially interested in the O2 as an affordable alternative to the PSF O2, but I totally ignored the regular skincare because to me it just looked like the same kind of hippie stuff I could pick up at Whole Foods. However, when I tried the samples they sent with my O2, that changed my mind in a hurry!^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
heard of this brand for the first time, go look look

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |