Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

someone took away my newspaper
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Recently, I am a bit concerned about ordering stuff by mail. I got newspaper delivering to my door daily for at least a year. I found out that someone (maybe different persons) stole/took away my newspaper a few times since I moved to an apartment from a townhouse. Maybe too many residents pass by. Shock

I have ordered from EDS before and the postman normally put the box outside the door. I am somewhat scarced that the box would get lost outside the door if I am not at home. Wink
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I would speak to the PO and ask them not to leave parcels.
otherwise there might be a thief with gorgeous skin walking about your town.
Confused
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
It is not safe in Vancouver these days anyway. My friend who lives in a big house is extremely afraid to stay home alone. Somebody broke into her house while she was working in her bedroom. Horrible!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
That would have been very scarey.
Confused
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
That's dreadful - so scary when you can't even feel secure in your own home.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:05 am      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
Recently, I am a bit concerned about ordering stuff by mail. I got newspaper delivering to my door daily for at least a year. I found out that someone (maybe different persons) stole/took away my newspaper a few times since I moved to an apartment from a townhouse. Maybe too many residents pass by. Shock

I have ordered from EDS before and the postman normally put the box outside the door. I am somewhat scarced that the box would get lost outside the door if I am not at home. Wink

bb2000, I have this exact same problem. I'm in Los Angeles in a high-density housing are (lots of LA is that way!) and my paper was frequently taken (especially the Sunday edition) so I just cancelled it. Also, I was having problems with actually receiving any packages that would not fit in my rather small mailbox - if they were left at my door, I could practically be guaranteed they'd be taken. I tried having people who sent parcels to me write "leave on patio" on the box, but the postal carrier never followed instructions, so now I just having everything sent to my office address where I KNOW I will get it. I think its awful that people take what doesn't belong to them!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:10 am      Reply with quote
It is a horrible feeling.
This has bought back bad memories of when I in bradford (north England) and I was training to be a manager at Burger King (one of my many jobs before teaching).

I remember my post was stolen and then I found it ripped up stuffed in the hallway (it was a block of units) because it didn't have any money in it. It was from my sister.
Shock

It was a yuck feeling and I do sympathise with you.
Sad
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
It is not safe in Vancouver these days anyway. My friend who lives in a big house is extremely afraid to stay home alone. Somebody broke into her house while she was working in her bedroom. Horrible!

Scary Shock
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
If no one at home, the postman puts the box outside my door and it is usually no problems. But one time someone openned the box from EDS, it was a small order, and the item was not taken. It didn't feel right.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would be concerned about a delivery being left outside my door too. If it's possible, the sender can request a signature so that if you're not home to sign, a notice will be left and you can pick it up at the post office. Or do you have a neighbor that's home during the day; maybe you could address it to her and then pick it up once you get home?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you need alarm system in your house.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I would be concerned about a delivery being left outside my door too. If it's possible, the sender can request a signature so that if you're not home to sign, a notice will be left and you can pick it up at the post office. Or do you have a neighbor that's home during the day; maybe you could address it to her and then pick it up once you get home?

Tam, if only it were that easy! I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the U.S., at least in Los Angeles, the postal carriers don't even bother to get your signature! They just leave the package, which is really a problem when it gets stolen and when you contact the vendor, they say "Well, the post office indicates you signed for the package!"
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
tam wrote:

Tam, if only it were that easy! I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the U.S., at least in Los Angeles, the postal carriers don't even bother to get your signature! They just leave the package, which is really a problem when it gets stolen and when you contact the vendor, they say "Well, the post office indicates you signed for the package!"

Does that mean that the postal carrier is signing for the package and then leaving it?! Shock
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:34 am      Reply with quote
really awful!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:33 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
... Does that mean that the postal carrier is signing for the package and then leaving it?! Shock

Tam, I can't say for certain if they are actually signing my name to the proof of signature forms, because I don't have definitive evidence of that, but I'm speculating that yes, that's what they do. All I know is that it has happened several times, and its even happened when I have things delivered to my office, the location where I know I will always receive my parcels.

I've had several parcels sent "proof of delivery by signature" at my office - that means the carrier is supposed to come up to our suite and get my signature and hand the parcel to me. He has yet to do that, and he's usually a very good carrier. I always find the parcels inside our mailbox - the only time he actually brings anything up to me is when they are too large to fit in our mailbox. So far, none of the parcels he's actually brought to me have required proof of delivery by signature.

I should say that I live in a very high density/ high population area and I'm sure that its routine for the postal carriers to do this. Of course, that doesn't mean its the right thing to do and can actually cause problems for the addressee, as has been my personal experience!
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, different postal carriers doing different things and I am sure some of them don't care how much the parcel costs and just leave it outside the door if there is nobody at home. Some may leave a pick-up notice on the door.

To fishzebby,

Most of our houses/apartments here in Canada have the alarm systems installed. But those thieves are so professional nowadays. They know how to cut off/switch off the alarm system in order to get access to the suites easily.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I guess it won't help... sorry.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
sorry to hear.
terrible!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |