Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Alima color question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to the Alima enthusiasts on this board, I'm now waiting for the foundation brush to come back in stock to order that and a few foundation samples. I'm not entirely sure yet which colors to order, though. My best match with EM is Golden Fair, and the MA at Alima suggested I try foundation samples in W1 and W2, and possibly also in N1 and N2. I'm used to ordering the palest shades available, so I had been thinking I should get colors in 0 and 1. Can anybody tell me how pale Alima's colors run? Is W0 paler than EM's Golden Fair, for example? Thanks!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Valkyrie, Manslayerliz is our resident Alima expert and, according to her own admission, "possibly the palest woman alive ..." so you have the double-whammy of experts there! She will probably find your post and chime in with her recommendations, which are always well advised.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I had to order 6 samples to try and they generously threw in another 2. The goldens are very yellow and I was not expecting that, the fairs are slightly pink. The N's seemed to be the best match for fair w/reddish undertones and had a good color. I am going to go with a N2, Satin after I wear it for a few days and see if my skin reacts. It didn't seem to turn on me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Valkyrie! You are going to LOVE the Alima powder brush, and I think you'll really like the Alima foundation too if we can just find you a good color match. I think the MA's idea for W-1 and 2 and possibly N1 and 2 sounds spot on. Actually, it just so happens that I have some EM Golden Fair on hand, so after I read your post I swiped it on my hand, and then I swiped Alima's W-0 next to it. The verdict? Alima's W-0 is a pretty good match for me, however, EM's Golden Fair is around 5 shades too dark and looks like bronzer on me. So, I can tell you that all the Alima Zeros will most likely be waaaaaay too light. I've never tried the ones or twos so I don't know which is closer to Golden Fair---- it may be that you end up being between two colors, but if you are the Alima ladies will custom mix it for you free of charge. Take me for example. W-0 is pretty darn close to being a match, but it's just a hair too dark so I lighten it up with C-0 and presto, a foundation that actually matches my skintone! (Cue the Hallelujah chorus) HTH--- let me know if you have anymore questions, ok?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I just received some samples of this in myself. I am a Fair Cool in Everyday Minerals (which seemed like a very good match). I ordered the 0 and 1 in Cool from Alima and the 0 and 1 in Neutral. I thought for sure the cools would be the right ones, BUT I found the Alima cools way too light (nearly white"ish") on me, whereas the Neutral 1 (Chiffon) is PERFECT! Love love love it! (Thanks Manslayerliz for always speaking so highly of Alima ... I have found my new favourite foundation!). Anyway, the neutral is not too yellow, but it has just enough to give a healthy look (whereas the cool was just too white looking on me). It's a perfect match out of all the colours I tried. As another comparision, at MAC I'm a NW15. HTH!
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all! You've been very helpful, 1 and 2 it will be!

Manslayerliz: And I thought I was pale! Are you of Irish descent by any chance? It's the only place I've ever felt tanned on the beach Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr: I'm so glad you found a good color match! The Alima foundation really is exquisite, isn't it? I agree with you though that the Alima cools are very light, so anyone who is wondering about colors might want to keep that in mind. Like I said before, the C-0 was even too white for me, so frankly that leaves me wondering if ANYONE can wear it, LOL! However, C-0 mixed with W-0 is the best match for my skin I've ever found in make up.

Valkyrie- Good luck, and please keep us updated! I hope you can find a good match! As for my background, I know I've got a fair bit of Irish in me, as well as Scottish, Dutch, etc etc. You'd think from how fair I am that all my ancestors were from somewhere where they never see the light of day like the North Pole! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been hearing so many great reviews on this line I'd like to try some samples - At 2.75 each, however, that's a lot of $$ for samples! Does anyone know what the Alima equivalent would be for Everyday Minerals winged butter light mixed with fairly light and medium beige?

I've given up trying to figure out my skintone - I'm somewhere between light and medium, my veins are purple, I have peachy and pink undertones and I look good in both silver and gold so I can't necessarily go by "warm" or "cool" or "neutral". Weird, I know Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Athena! For a combination like that, I think your best plan of attack would be a two-pronged approach: email a picture of yourself to the Alima MAs, AND tell them the combination of EDM colors you wear. They should be able to narrow it down to a few shades for you to try. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
My best match is Golden Fair also and I'm a blend of O1 and W1. With EDM Golden fair was the best match but I found a much more perfect match with Alima because I found their colours easier to mix and easier to FIGURE OUT what to mix so trying W1 and 2 would be good but in case it's always best to get some N1-2 to have on hand for mixing because with Alima you're able to get an almost perfect shade rather than going for the "best match".
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I will definitely also order N1 and/or 2. I'm thinking I might be a mix of W and N. It's weird, Golden Fair is my best match and a MAC MA matched me with NC20 concealer (which is a tad too dark now in winter), so you'd think I have warm undertones, but cool colors and silver jewellery look better on me than warm colors and gold. Cool foundation colors have never been a match for me with any brand, though Confused
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
valkyrie: I'm NC20 Studio Fix and same colour for their Studio Concealer too but the concealer isn't that great of a match for me either - yeh a little too dark and a little too pink. I never imagined myself to have Olive undertones at all but O1 ended up BLENDING best with my skin, I was so sure I was a W2 but those end up too yellow for me. Olive by itself was a bit too brown so mixed with a bit of W1 makes a pretty perfect blend for my face.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |