Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recs for undereye concealer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone. Here's a tough one : I've got very oily lids - my eye makeup smudges constantly, so I need a water based (not cream) undereye concealer. However, the one I'm currently using now which fits those needs (and has been my HG for YEARS) is Prescriptives Camoflage Cream, is getting a little too drying for me - it's starting to look cakey. So, water-based concealer that doesn't let eye makeup slide off, YET doesn't look dry and cakey? Hmm a little tricky?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the YSL Touche Eclat?? I love it.
I also use Anastasia undereye matte brightener in Camille. It isn't a concealer, but it really works!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cle de Peau
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Lancome's under eye concealer for years. I doesn't smudge for me.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
YSL Touche Eclat

or Laura Mercier
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
I've used Lancome's under eye concealer for years. I doesn't smudge for me.

I gave up on concealers but this one was certainly the best I tried.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
try Covergirl fresh complexion concealer-natural beige,beige natural. Its a wand with a blue top.Its the only one I can use ,I put the tiniestamount on index finger and press it in I love it and it looks natural if you put it on correctly.Its only 5 too. I found out about it I think on makealley it got great reviews....
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
My recs are Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (magic stuff, IMO)..Laura Mercier's concealer is nice, too - worth a look at...I was thinking: could the problems you are experiencing be due to your eye treatment? I recently had flaking/balling problems with what appeared to be my concealer but it was actually my eye cream (sadly, my Skincubed Eye repair)...
Just a thought Smile
Pudoodles
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have used Lancome's effacernes concealer in clair II for awhile now and love it!! Great coverage, blends in , not cakey and lasts. Smile
When I have tried using it under MM it doesn't look right. So I've used the BE foundation as concealer with the small flat brush and that looks better but tends to look more dry and cakey, so I think my Lancome concelaer with a little liquid foundation (I don't use much makeup, that's why I've been trying MM)is better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Faith Truth - I've recently discovered that my Jane Iredale Pressed Base sufficiently conceals any darkness in my eye area. I use a fairly oily SS so this helps make the powder work for me. In winter when the air is cold and dry, sometimes I need to add extra moisture to the eye area in any case, and especially when using a powder.

BUT up until this discovery, I had great success with Clinique Airbrush Concealer. It's in a brush-tipped dispenser/pen and is light in texture but nevertheless pretty opaque. It never made my eye area look dry. Because of the lightness, it's buildable too. I still use it when I don't bother applying MMU.

And before that, I used Trish McEvoy because I found a color that matched well, but it was just too thick and rich and creased easily. I tested YSL Touche Eclat but it was too sheer to do the job for me. I found it to be more of a highlighter than concealer.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I think I've used EVERYTHING! I have pretty dark circles. Well, not so pretty! The concealer that works best on me is Make Up Forever Pro Lift Concealer.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the recs! Today I made an impulse concealer buy : Clinique's All About Eyes concealer. I used it out tonight - it did make my eye makeup smudge initially, but what I did was put a little of the Prescriptives Camoflage over that and the rest of the night it was perfectly fine. I like the fact that it's supposed to have treatment benefits. The thing I liked was it did not cake up unlike the Prescriptives - my undereye area looked smooth and supple.
The truth is I'm not 100% satisfied cos of the smudging, but will continue to use while I try others. Definitely looking to try the Lancome and/or the MAC concealer in the tube.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Lancome's Maquicomplet under eye concealor
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I use Cle de Peau

I'm also using Cle de Peau in Ivory, but it's a bit too light for me and makes my undereye area looking a bit grey. I couldn't find the right color match as the shade darker than Ivory was just too dark and made my eyes look smaller. So, what I do is put on a thin layer of Cle de Peau and top it with a very very thin layer of MAC Select Cover Up NC30.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing Cosmetics Concealer is fabulous. I swear it could easily cover up a black eye and it lasts FOREVER because so little is needed.

Lexy
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I love Make Up For Ever's Lift Concealer. It's very thin and liquidy but if you use a tiny amount and make sure you're skin is well-moisturized, it covers up darkness really naturally, without looking dry or cakey.

I usually layer this over a highlighting concealer/Touche Eclat knock-off like Boots' No7 Radiant Glow, then finish everything with Laura Mercier's Secret Illuminating Powder to set the concealer and make it look smooth and last all day (even though it's a powder, it won't make your eyes look all dry and crepey).

That sounds like a lot, but I'm a student and have weird hours, so it's worth a few extra minutes in the morning in order to look bright-eyed and well-rested and have concealer that lasts as long as I need it to--anyway, I'm spending more makeup time these days making sure my skin looks really perfect and natural, and less on color cosmetics like lipstick and eyeshadow. (Another tip is to use the illuminating concealer at the outer corners of your eyes--you won't believe what a difference this can make!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love glominerals under eye concealer. It covers really well and does not dry me out.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got Givenchy Mister Light concealer which is similar packaging to YSL & most of the other concealers available now. I think the texture is quite good, i.e. non drying but the coverage is maybe a bit too sheer for someone with dark cirlcles. I also like the fact that it's fragrance free & it's a lot cheaper than YSL & Guerlain which was my old HG. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I use Cle de Peau

I'm also using Cle de Peau in Ivory, but it's a bit too light for me and makes my undereye area looking a bit grey. I couldn't find the right color match as the shade darker than Ivory was just too dark and made my eyes look smaller. So, what I do is put on a thin layer of Cle de Peau and top it with a very very thin layer of MAC Select Cover Up NC30.

Thanks for sharing that tip! I don't have that problem but I am sure your post could help others. Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I like Cle de Peau; works well for me.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I use Cle de Peau

Thanks for sharing that tip! I don't have that problem but I am sure your post could help others. Very Happy

You're so lucky! I look like a raccoon without concealor! Sad Since I landed a job in a club, my dark circles have gotten so much worse. I used to be NC30, but since I never see the sun anymore, I've gotten fairer. But being stingy that I am, I don't wanna throw out my MAC concealor, so using it this way, I get to use up both Cle de Peau (which is too light and too expensive to throw away) and MAC (which is now too dark). Very Happy Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Skincare wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I use Cle de Peau

You're so lucky! I look like a raccoon without concealor! Sad Since I landed a job in a club, my dark circles have gotten so much worse. I used to be NC30, but since I never see the sun anymore, I've gotten fairer. But being stingy that I am, I don't wanna throw out my MAC concealor, so using it this way, I get to use up both Cle de Peau (which is too light and too expensive to throw away) and MAC (which is now too dark). Very Happy Laughing

Okay, I understand now why you have this problem. Your job is not helping your skin but I bet you are enjoying your job! Maybe certain foods could help?

I can't remember which, but Mabsy or Magda is using one of he lines sold at EDS that has Vit. K. I also read somewhere that this helpls control dark circles. You may want to PM them and ask.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Amazing concealer lasts a long time and is waterproof. We have a lot of humidity here and it survives the summers well. A LITTLE bit goes a loonnngggg way. I've tried touche, MAC, sheisido, covergirl, physcians formula, etc. My next fave is revlon colorwand, very good colors and it doesn't crease in hot weather.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use YSL touce eclat - works great and brighens the inner eye area too.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I use Cle de Peau too.I use sisley but feel it's to dry for me .

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |