Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
blackheads - only visible to me?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Through switching skincare over to natural products (zenbiotic, naturderm, DIY aspirin mask, bestbathstore, etc.) most of my blemishes have been clearing up, but when I stare closely at my skin under bright light I can still see what I think are clogged pores and blackheads. I've realized though that when I use the extraction tool, not only does my face get red but I think it makes me more likely to break out (even with care to use alcohol on the tool and constantly rinse it off with hot water between extractions). Are normal blackheads visible to others? Are they raised at all from the skin? That is, if only I can really see them, should I just not worry so much? How hard should I be pressing with the tool? If stuff only comes out with a lot of pressure, then is that too hard? Thanks Smile
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
This is a really good question sark, but unfortunaly I can answer it because I got the same problem. I got oily skin with large pores and when I remove my makeup and look close my chin is cover with smal blackhead everywhere ! And when I try to squeeze them out it dosent work at all. Ive been using BHA at night for the past 4 months thinking that it would help...but no. I just dont know what to do to have clear skin... Crying or Very sad

5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Normal blackheads are visible to others and may not be raised. Mine are usually not raised, just underneath the skin. I have had great results using Tazorac for this problem.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
are they visible to others from a normal distance? when i look in the mirror without the harsh light and pressing my face super close my skin looks clear, it's just when i look close that i notice the pores . . .
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
florayen wrote:
Normal blackheads are visible to others and may not be raised. Mine are usually not raised, just underneath the skin. I have had great results using Tazorac for this problem.

what is Tazorac ? is it cream or tool?
florayen
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
It's a prescription retinoid. My doctor prescribed it for me.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thats a good idea. I think I should talk to my doctor about this. Maybe I could use some type of cream to help clear out.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
'been using obagi for 7 months now hoping that the blackheads around my nose will go away through the use of retin A as part of the regimen. it did lighten up the skin a bit but they're still sitting in there. does any obagi user have the same experience and what steps to take. i tried facial steam once a week prior to swtiching to obagi and i don't want to pluck them out which might cause more skin problems. are there any other way?
anysound
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Unless your blackheads draw the eye of every passerby even six feet away, don't worry. Really.

sark wrote:
If stuff only comes out with a lot of pressure, then is that too hard?

Yes. I read many articles about the extraction method before trying it myself and "too much pressure" is rather subjective. You shouldn't need to apply much pressure to get it out. If you do, then it's not "ready" so don't do it. You seem to already know about the cleaning and disinfecting part. I'll admit that when I see a large, clogged pore I'll use all the force I can muster to pop the sucker out. Er, that has backfired terribly on me several times, by the way. Even though I might succeed in getting it out, the area is usually swollen and irritated if I used a lot of pressure. Sometimes a white comedone forms because of the irritation (very sensitive skin; I can always feel it when a monster pimple rises from the depths of my epidermis). Seriously, don't force it.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical Active Serum has really helped with mine...in fact my nose hasent looked this good in yrs. It hasnt got rid of them all completely but they certainly are diminished Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
use cleaning oil, and sth. with BHA,will do help.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
As an Aesthetician I have people telling be all the time about their blackheads. So I get them on my bed and look under my mag light. No blackheads! I betcha anything they are just your pores. People with dryer skin types have tiny or non existent pores...combo larger down the center of the face and oily huge all over. Most of the time there is nothing in them. They are just your pores. And if you squeeze really hard of course some sebum or water will come out of your skin. Along with making your face red and bruised, and possibly tearing your skin allowing bacteria to get in your skin then causing a break out! So don't squeeze! And don't worry!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
hmm, thanks so much for the professional opinion! i know this probably sounds stupid, but what is the difference between sebum and blackheads, and how do i know which it is that i'm squeezing out?
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
oh, I see
TheSkinGirl82
5% products discount

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sebum is just another word for oil. Blackheads are a combination of dead skin cells, oils and dirt. They are open at the pore and oxygen can get to them so thats why they turn black. A whitehead has one layer of skin over it not alowing oxygen to get to it.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
ok, so i know this is kind of gross, but if what i squeeze out of my pores with the extraction tool doesn't have a black plug, and is just whitish, is this just sebum - and if so, is this supposed to be extracted or should i just leave it be?
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
ok, so i know this is kind of gross, but if what i squeeze out of my pores with the extraction tool doesn't have a black plug, and is just whitish, is this just sebum - and if so, is this supposed to be extracted or should i just leave it be?

i do that! i try to get EVERYTHING out, and some of them get nasty and gets inflame at times. oh well... i think those sebum gets harden if u dun get rid of it and turn into a plug, wouldnt it then potentially turn into pimples? thats y i extract everything.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Only glycolic acid has really helped my blackheads . I have a toner by La Therapie that has 8% glycolic acid...and it's done wonders for the blackheads on my nose! It makes the skin really soft too. Anyway I bought it when I was at a spa on a Cruise Ship. I'm sure any product with glycolic acid would help a lot though.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
interesting - i actually just started incorporating glycolix elite 10% treatment pads into my nightly routine. hopefully i'll have results like yours! i wonder though, do i need to wait after the glycolic before continuing on with the rest of my routine (acv toner, moisture, serums)?
TheSkinGirl82
5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
volvogal wrote:
Hi there,

Only glycolic acid has really helped my blackheads . I have a toner by La Therapie that has 8% glycolic acid...and it's done wonders for the blackheads on my nose! It makes the skin really soft too. Anyway I bought it when I was at a spa on a Cruise Ship. I'm sure any product with glycolic acid would help a lot though.

Funny you mention La Therapie. I actually work at one of the land based spas. Our spas are on tons of cruise ships. La Therapie has a whole line of glycolics. The one you mentioned also has 2% salicidic in it too right? Its called Clarite Renew. Its a great product! You can get it at timetospa.com
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |