Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carekate's Energizing Nuturing Shampoo: Short review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Usually when I try out a new shampoo for the first time, I will instantly know if I will love it or hate it.
Well, I it. It's sulfate free. The color of the shampoo is light/medium brown. When I squeezed it out of the bottle, it was thick. Once massaging my hair, there was foam but goodness it made my hair feel really soft while I was washing my hair. Also, while showering the fragrance from the shampoo, smelled really nice.

I hope Carrie will comes out with a conditioner and leave-in conditioner too.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
Usually when I try out a new shampoo for the first time, I will instantly know if I will love it or hate it.
Well, I it. It's sulfate free. The color of the shampoo is light/medium brown. When I squeezed it out of the bottle, it was thick. Once massaging my hair, there was foam but goodness it made my hair feel really soft while I was washing my hair. Also, while showering the fragrance from the shampoo, smelled really nice.

I hope Carrie will comes out with a conditioner and leave-in conditioner too.

Not to forget the serum!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't even know she had a shampoo...I 've got to get an updated list!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't know either. I thought I got her most updated list. lol
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
PM me your email address and I'll forward the current list that I have.

Kieu
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Oh - I received a 2oz bottle of this from CareKate as a sample to try with my last order.

I really liked that it was sulfate free. At first, it took a little getting used to because it doesn't foam like mad, but by day 2 or 3, I was getting used to less foam in the shampoo.

My hair is a bit strange. My scalp is okay, but by about 3/4 of a day from the last shampoo, it starts to feel icky and a bit oily. If I wait over 24 hrs to shampoo again, my hair starts to take on that oily, stringy appearance. So my scalp is a bit on the oily side, I think. However, I fried my hair this summer with way too much colouring, bleaching and chemical straightening, so my hair itself is a bit on the dry, hay-like side (which also has a tendency to break!).

CareKate's shampoo did clean very nicely, and the 2oz bottle lasted me a bit over a week of daily shampooing. I liked how my hair didn't feel heavy when I used it, but since I friend my hair this summer, I found that it wasn't moisturizing enough to my hair. I believe if my hair was healthier, CareKate's shampoo would have been very, very good to use.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I have this too and I like it. Though it's sulfate-free, it does foam and does a good job of washing the hair. I wish it would smell like the rosemary hair growth accelerator though.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
What's in it? Do you know?
havana8

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee! Here is a direct cut and paste from her product list file....

CareKate Energizing Nurturing Shampoo – $10.50USD for 8-oz bottle
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is based on a recipe originally posted by Katee where she shared with us the ingredients for her fave DIY shampoo. I took her basic formulation and “doctored” it up with a few special ingredients of my own. This shampoo is sulfate-free so is a good choice for color-treated hair. It contains ingredients that are known to decrease loss and stimulate new hair growth. It is intended to be used as a companion product to my Rosemary Hair Growth Accelerator treatment, although anyone that likes a safe, gentle shampoo can benefit.

Instructions for use: Wet hair, lather, rinse, condition!

Ingredients: Distilled water, aloe vera juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, Disodium olemido MEA sulfosuccinate, Cocoamidopropyl betaine, Cocoamide MEA, DMDM hydantoin, Sodium chloride, Wheat Proteins, Wheat oligosaccharides, chamomile extract, cherry bark extract, natural henna extract, silk extract, sunflower seed extract, Grape seed Proanthocyanidins, sea-kelp bioferment, panthenol, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed soy protein, coconut endosperm, soy isoflavones, Germaben II, rosemary EO, peppermint EO.

Edited to add: I hope Carekate doesn't mind that I extracted and posted this here! Shock Rolling Eyes
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!!! I don't see why she would mind Wink
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
i just want to add that i started using this and the accelerator about a week ago and i love both. i only wash my hair every other day, and today i'm on my non-washing day, and a friend i hadn't seen in a while told me that my hair looked great! and all i did yesterday was wash with carrie's shampoo, condition with mop glisten, and then blow dry a bit without any product! and i've since slept on it and even gone to yoga! it looks smooth and shiny, and i love using healthier products Smile i'm thinking of adding in some john masters products for styling (defrizzer and deep scalp/follicle), but more to protect my hair from the dryer then because it really needs styling product. hth Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
i'm thinking of adding in some john masters products for styling (defrizzer...)
Funny you should mention that...now go check your in-box! Very Happy

ETA: I *am* planning to develop a recipe for a daily conditioner but I’ve got to get the KP treatment stuff done first!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
One of us could post our own recipe and you could always "tweak" that (ahem) and sell it Very Happy .
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
One of us could post our own recipe and you could always "tweak" that (ahem) and sell it Very Happy .
Actually, I've borrowed another one of your suggestions (using SKB as a leave-in cond, although I *do* mix it w/ honey and distilled water and put it in a spritzer bottle), though that's not quite what I have in mind for the conditioner/s I want to make. Love the SKB/leave-in, though : the SKB+honey+H2O not only conditions, but adds shine and volume at the roots! I don't even have to use a separate product to volumize/style my hair anymore -- it even gives me the "piecy" finish I like for my layers...which is a shame 'cuz I just dropped $20+ on a jar of Pureology Dry Shine that's now superfluous. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
wow - that leave in sounds great. you use that in addition to regular conditioner? perhaps i might have to order that next time . . . so many good products Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
you use that in addition to regular conditioner?
Yes.

sark wrote:
perhaps i might have to order that next time
I'm not sure it's something I'm going to offer unless there's a lot of interest, but you really don't need it b/c the Leave-in Hair Growth sample I sent you contains both SKB and honey (among other things!) so it should give you the same benefits/results already.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
ooh, now that sounds good too. do you think that would be a product that would help protect my hair from the heat of the dryer, or is it something that's more confined to scalp/roots? I was looking specifically into these two products by John Masters to help with hair growth and protection (for roots and length):

1. John Masters Organics Deep Scalp Follice Treatment & Volumizer For Thinning Hair
Size: 2 oz / 59 ml
Price: $21.00 USD
Description:
A topical solution that promotes healthy hair growth by improving the condition of your scalp. A unique combination of organic herbs and essential oils work to assure nutrient intake, stimulate circulation, balance sebum production and eliminate free radicals -- resulting in optimal scalp and hair health. Select ingredients also work to enhanc
• stimulates blood circulation in the scalp
• promotes healthy scalp by dissolving sebum buildup in the hair root
• excellent volumizer
• eliminates free radicals
• encourages hair growthe hair volume and shine.
Useage:
• perfect for thinning hair
• great for adding volume to fine hair
• after shampooing and conditioning
• spray onto scalp
• massage in
• leave in
• use after every shampoo to keep scalp in optimal health
Ingredients:
Aqueous extracts of chondrus crispus (irish moss), plantago asiatica (che qian zi),* centella asiatica (gotu kola),* equisetum arvense (horsetail),* fucus vesiculosus (bladderwrack),* cola acuminata (cola nut),* arctium lappa (burdock),* lamium album (white nettle),* hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel)* & arnica montana (arnica),* panthenol, hydrolyzed hair keratin protein, triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil), hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, hyaluronic, linoleic & linolenic acids (essential fatty acids), arachindonic acid, sorbitol (organic humectant), tocopherol (anti-oxidant), soluble sulfur, essential oils of rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary),* achillea millefolium (yarrow),* thymus vulgaris (thyme),* myrtus communis (myrtle) & lavandula hybrida (lavandin),* polysorbate 20, capryloyl glycine, undecylenoyl glycine, lonicera japonica (japanese honeysuckle) extract
*Certified Organic by EcoCert

and . . .

2. John Masters Organics Dry Hair Nourishment & Defrizzer
Size: 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml
Price: $16.00 USD
Description:
A blend of 100% pure plant and essential oils chosen for their protective, moisturizing and restorative properties, this leave-in treatment is proven to be excellent for dry and frizzy hair.
• contains 100% plant and essential oils
• smoothes frizzy hair
Useage:
• great for frizzy hair
• rub into ends of hair to combat split-ends
• can be added to any other John Masters Organics hair products for extra conditioning
• apply 1-3 drops (more if needed) into palm of hand, rub palms together
• press into hair
• may be applied to wet or dry hair
Ingredients:
Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil),* dauca carota (helio- carrot oil),* squalene (olives),* oenotera biennis (evening primrose oil),* essential oils of lavandula angustifolia (lavender),* cedrus atlantica (cedarwood)* & rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary)*
*Denotes Certified Organic.

the defrizzer totally seems like it would easily be up your alley to concoct Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
You know, I completely forgot about thermal protectants for hair since I was using Paves Shine Serum for so long and it performed that function for me....

I need to look at the ingredients of some thermal protectant hair products to see what ingredients they use that provide the thermal protection.

I’m thinking the sample of the hair pomade I’ve sent should provide TP benefits, but I need to do some research to be sure. Based on the ingredients you listed below for the JM products, though, I think between my leave-in and pomade, you should be covered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
katee wrote:
Actually, I've borrowed another one of your suggestions (using SKB as a leave-in cond, although I *do* mix it w/ honey and distilled water and put it in a spritzer bottle), though that's not quite what I have in mind for the conditioner/s I want to make. Love the SKB/leave-in, though : the SKB+honey+H2O not only conditions, but adds shine and volume at the roots! I don't even have to use a separate product to volumize/style my hair anymore -- it even gives me the "piecy" finish I like for my layers...which is a shame 'cuz I just dropped $20+ on a jar of Pureology Dry Shine that's now superfluous. Confused

Someone tell me I just need more coffee and surely I am reading this wrong!!! "Borrow" and "sell"........Surely yall are teasing?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
LOL Mel....

If I'm gonna be a lender, can I charge interest?

rofl
akpoola
5% products discount

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
guys, i have been trying to get through to kate, but no luck [my PMs to her are still sitting in my outbox]. how can i get in touch other than PMs? i would really like to know all about her products and how to buy!

PS if any of your are in touch with her via email, please pass along my email akpoola at gmail and tell her i am an interested customer! thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
akpoola wrote:
guys, i have been trying to get through to kate, but no luck [my PMs to her are still sitting in my outbox]. how can i get in touch other than PMs? i would really like to know all about her products and how to buy!

PS if any of your are in touch with her via email, please pass along my email akpoola at gmail and tell her i am an interested customer! thanks!

I have a recent list of her products on my computer as I requested it a few weeks ago to purchase her Overnight Lip Treatment and Pearl Cream. If you PM me with your email address I will send it to you. Unfortunately, I will not be around for several day. Unless I receive a request within an hour I won't be able to help you until next week. I am sure there are other who can help.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |