Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What ever happened to customer service?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
So I went to the mall today, and this is what happened:

<i>Today I visited your store in *****located in the Fashion Square Mall (#7728, if that helps). Usually your employees are pleasant and helpful, but I wonder is it customary for them to EAT while working? The associate on the floor was not on the floor but was in the back eating a popsicle, and she ignored me until I was ready to check out. However, she did not put down her popsicle. The result? She got ice cream on my style club card which then got transferred to my fingers, and the bag she put my product in was also covered in ice cream. Come to think about it, there was another time I was in this store and the gentlemen who was at the counter spent the whole time on the phone (it sounded like a personal call), even when he rang me up. At the very least, I'd like the information of someone I can notify of this branch, as they are not representing your company well. I really like Trade Secret, but the employees?-- they need to be talked to about dealing with customers.</i>

That is what I emailed to the good people at Trade Secret. I mean, am I asking for too much? I do not want ice cream on my Biolage. Or on myself for that matter! What I didn't include in my email was how I had to wipe the ice cream off on my jeans, and the chick totally saw me do it! My boyfriend said I should have said something then and there. He's probably right, but I was really at a loss for words. I just wanted to get out and use my hand sanitizer.

I work in retail. I would have been canned if I did something like that. We're not allowed to have food on the sales floor.

Am I overreacting? I really want something done about this. Should I call the store? I have the girl's name on the receipt...

Just, yuck!!!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think so. Especially if these kids are working like this without management knowing because I highly doubt this would be tolerated.

I've often opted to ask for managers right on the spot because of such poor customer service. Honestly, I'm such a push over and usually let things slide, so for me to get a bit rattled over some kid ringing up my items says something. I'm not asking them to even put a smile on their face, or act as if they love working there. All I ask is for some common courtesy is all, not really that hard to do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, call the store. That SA was totally inappropriate.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I don't think so. Especially if these kids are working like this without management knowing because I highly doubt this would be tolerated.

I've often opted to ask for managers right on the spot because of such poor customer service. Honestly, I'm such a push over and usually let things slide, so for me to get a bit rattled over some kid ringing up my items says something. I'm not asking them to even put a smile on their face, or act as if they love working there. All I ask is for some common courtesy is all, not really that hard to do.

Thing is, this was a grown woman! One of the stylists that works there!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

Thing is, this was a grown woman! One of the stylists that works there!

What a joke, even worse. I just detest when I get an attitude from people behind the counter, I know retail sucks but hey don't take it out on me Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry. Mr. C. Service died in 1985. There wasn't a large funeral and it didn't make the papers. At the time, the thought was that if no one knew he was gone, people would continue to carry on his good works. Unfortunately, this has seldom been the case. There are still pockets where people believe in his message and continue his precepts. But, those small pockets are beginning to die due to apathy in the surrounding areas.

C. Service dedicated his life to making people happy. He always had a smile and a friendly word. He believed in making people feel appreciated, wanted and important. I was often the beneficiary of his good teachings and continue to try to practice them in my own life.

Alas, he is sorely missed.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
rofl

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
It's up to management to make sure that the Customer Service staff isn't eating on the job. So I blame both the girl eating and the management who let her get away with it. It's rude and clerks talking to each other while ignoring a lineup of customers is worse.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
oh, I think I better clarify that my " rofl " was directed towards Ari's belated-obituary, not your experience, Violetanne!! (I mean, your story is WAY to ewwwww to be rofl) Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
And, my obit wasn't meant to lessen the effect of the non-existent customer service you received.

It's just that I can't leave my home anymore without having the same type of frustrating experience, from salespersons who just shrug when you ask a question to downright rudeness. They obviously don't want to be there and your presence ruins their 8-hour break.

The point of the post was that if we are apathetic and don't do anything, it will continue and customer service will definitely die. You did absolutely the correct thing if you didn't want a confrontation or believed it would be of no benefit. Upper management needs to know that their client base in most cases can and will go somewhere else. And we NEED to tell them why their sales figures are dropping.

As posted before, I use 1 of 2 responses to this sort of thing, "I want a manager NOW!" or the "I think you have our relationship confused. I'm profit, you're overhead." (That one is for surly or couldn't-care-less attitudes.)

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
"I think you have our relationship confused. I'm profit, you're overhead." Ari

rofl MAO

OMG I am SO going to put that into my arsenal. That is classic... however... the wit would be lost on a lot of people, I bet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
You know that just popped out of my mouth once and I've used it ever since. First time I ever heard it was when it came out my mouth. Never even went through the brain first.

I never considered it particularly pithy until several here on the forum indicated they liked it as much as you do. But, yeah, it does seem to go right over someone's head.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bad customer service is my pet peeve. One time I was standing in line at the post office and the line was just growing and growing because the two sales people behind the counter were discussing the great time they had the night before while taking ages to serve. I moved out of the line and at the top of my voice, told them exactly what I thought of their lack of service and their disregard for all the customers waiting in line. I also added a few descriptive words about their "great night out". There was absolute silence and then everyone in the line started clapping. The Post Offices here all have surveillance cameras so, needless to say, there was silence from the sales people and the line started to moved rather quickly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
"I think you have our relationship confused. I'm profit, you're overhead." (That one is for surly or couldn't-care-less attitudes.)

Ari[/quote]

OMG Laughing Arielle...love that quote. Must remember to fire that one up when some rude customer-service person fires me up (usually the ones on the other end of the telephone line who dont know the meaning of service).

It doesnt happen often but when it does...I am a bit like a "one legged man in an ass kicking competition" aint nothing gonna hold me back!! Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Arielle, that was too funny! Being British, I find it hard to complain (I will walk out and never visit a store again rather than make a fuss), but sometimes the service is so bad you just have to do something. I don't think I could let ice cream all over my stuff go either!
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
That is totally gross about the ice cream. Kudos for complaining!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I know we have a couple of Trader Joe's threads going, and forgive me for poking into here another post re TJs. But TJs is, after all, known for their Customer Service. For good reason.

Two weeks ago I went into Best Buy (I know. Horrible. People go in there and never come out.) to buy a new vacuum cleaner. I picked one out, but there were no more sealed boxes there, just the floor model. Here was the exchange with the SA (a man in his 50s wearing a headset):

Me: I want to buy this vacuum cleaner, but there aren't anymore over there, just the floor model. Could you check to see if you have more, or may I buy this floor model?

He shook his head. Pause.

Me: Meaning. . .?

SA: Meaning... 'no.'

Me: 'No' to the first question or the second? (smiling) Well, I guess you mean 'no' to both.

SA: (nods, smiles) 'No' to both. (pause)

Me: Could you tell me when you're expecting more in?

SA: I don't know. (pause)

Me: Well, when does your next truck arrive, any idea? Will there be a shipment on that?

SA: (Pause, then into headset) Hey, when's the next truck sposed to arrived? (Listens) The truck is late. And we don't know if there'll be any vacuum cleaners on it. (pause)

I looked at him. I have a friendly, accessible face. And I knew he knew he wasn't doing a good job. He was just hoping I'd go away.

Me: Okay, Can I just tell you...? I work at Trader Joe's.

His head jerked back.

Me: And I have to say, Tj's famous level of customer service has sort ruined it for me as a consumer, because I expect actual customer service when I go out to shop now. And I also know -- since I work at Tj's -- how little effort it really takes to help a customer find what she wants. You know?

I was smiling the whole time. The man smiled slowly.

SA: I luuuv Trader Joe's.

Me: We all love Trader Joe's. Unfortunately. Trader Joe's does not sell vacuum cleaners.

He got on the phone and found me the vacuum cleaner in the Burbank store, 10 minutes away, and they promised to hold it for four hours. He told me to be sure and go get it, because the last customer he sent there never showed up.

Me: That's their perogative. You never know what may have come up or interfered. Please don't hold me responsible for other people's behavior. Tell them I'll be there within 20 minutes.

By the time I left, the guy had given me his business card and asked me to call him if there were any probem at Burbank.

After working at TJs, I have to laugh at how it affects all my shopping. One day I was in the drugstore and passed another man in his 50s, on a cell phone. He was standing in front of the Nair display, whining, "Why do they have em in all these different colors?" I turned around, tapped him on the shoulder, and said, "Can I help you find something?"

He looked up, startled, then said into the phone, "Wait, wait, there's someone here to help me. A lady's here."

I offered my hand for the phone. Into it I said, "Hi, what is it you want this poor confused man to bring home to you?"

She wanted the Nair for the face that worked in 3 minutes. I found the Sally Hansen product that does it -- it's the only that does. I assured her and the man that this was the product, that "Nair" is a generic term now, like "Xerox" and "Kleenex." The Sally Hansen was the only facial hair remover that worked that quickly.

I handed the phone and the item to the man. He looked hugely relieved.

Man: Thank you so much for your help.

Me: (grinning) Don't worry about it. I work at Trader Joe's.

His face lit up. He said into the phone, "Ohhhh, she works at Trader Joe's!"

Me: Yes. That explains everything, doesn't it?

Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda, I've said it before and I'll say it again ... YOU ROCK! Image

Working at Nordstom years ago ruined the shopping experience for me, too. Our customer service training only served to highlight how crappy the CS was everywhere else! Sadly, even CS at Nordstrom has gone downhill in recent years - it is *SO* not like it used to be.

Best Buy has THE WORST customer service EVER! I went in there one time to buy a camera and the place was pretty busy. I was TOTALLY IGNORED for about 25 minutes (which really tried my patience) - I would have had better luck getting a private audience with the Pope than getting any CS there. And when I did ask for help, I basically was told in essence that they were "too busy to help anyone, that I had to wait my turn, but again it was really busy, so ..." So I could go pound sand, apparently. I'm pretty sure no one cared to help me because I was not buying a big ticket item like some of the other people there who were being helped. It was clear I was never going to get any help and it was very clear no one gave a flying fig leaf!

I left and went down to Circuit City and got the camera. Their service was better, not by much, but at least I wasn't totally ignored.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I'm sorry. Mr. C. Service died in 1985. There wasn't a large funeral and it didn't make the papers. At the time, the thought was that if no one knew he was gone, people would continue to carry on his good works. Unfortunately, this has seldom been the case. There are still pockets where people believe in his message and continue his precepts. But, those small pockets are beginning to die due to apathy in the surrounding areas.

C. Service dedicated his life to making people happy. He always had a smile and a friendly word. He believed in making people feel appreciated, wanted and important. I was often the beneficiary of his good teachings and continue to try to practice them in my own life.

Ari

Very cute! Very Happy And so true. Sad
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Violetanne, you are not over-reacting. That is just gross. I can't believe that she apologize.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Arielle wrote:

Ari

Very cute! Very Happy And so true. Sad

Ari, I like your sense of humor. This IS so true, unfortunately. Our dear, beloved friend Mr. C. Service died a quick but painful death which for the most part has gone completely unnoticed. *Sigh!*
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Mr. C is most definitely dead. Yesterday, I was at Market Street Grocery in the wine section. SA approached and asked if he could help. I asked if they carried a particular wine. SA says he doesn't know and walks over to the wine dept. manager. WDM says yes we have it AND then as I start to ask another question he turns his back on me and starts up a conversation with SA. I stand there, stand there somemore trying to get someone's attention. I finally catches SA's eye, he stops I ask question again, WDM proceeds to talk down to me in a major way..... I was livid. I won't repeat my response, because it was very tacky.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to have to remember that quote - that is great (I'm profit, you're overhead!)
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've calmed down about it. I don't know if anything will come of the email I sent. I guess I agree with Sidda. I work at a place where customer service is stressed. At times, they actually watch us (which, yes, ticks me off at times, when you're trying to work and a manager is watching you, and they never tell you you're doing a good job, they just wait for you to do something wrong). But it's not hard to be polite and considerate. You don't even have to smile, just don't get your goo on my stuff. Ringing up people at a salon is not a hard job. What does it say about you when you mess it up?

In retrospect, I should have said something before I left, but usually I find confrontations like that annoying as the person just wants to fight with you, and the manager doesn't want to deal with you either.

But, yeah, it's so much EASIER to do the opposite. That's what I don't get.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I received this email from Trade Secret customer service:

Good Afternoon Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the situation at Trade Secret. Please know that this situation will be addressed immediately. We expect a high level of customer service and professionalism from all of our associates and regret that we failed to meet that expectation during your visit.

I am sharing your comments with the supervisor, regional manager, and director responsible for this location.

I am very sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one.

Thank you for contacting Trade Secret and for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

Thanks again and have a great day!

I would really like to know what sort of action the people mentioned are going to take. Well, at least I feel like I accomplished something!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |