Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
to get rid of annoying facial hair...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
what do you do to get rid of annoying facial hair?

i use an epilator to remove facial hair...but i find it not that effective...

will shaving it make hair thicker or appear thicker?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have been shaving my face for the past month and I like it. It doesn't grow back thicker. I do it once a week, although 2x a week would be better. I'm lazy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid to shave any hair on my face as I am afraid it would grow back thicker and longer. I have to plug some tiny mustaches now because I tried to wax them one time, and the hair grew back longer and darker. I hate doing it.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am prone to getting pimples from ingrown hair, so I can't shave/wax. I trim and then bleach with Jolen cream bleach.
TheSkinGirl82
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hair NEVER grows in thicker. Its a myth. People think shaving makes hair grow in thicker because how natural hair grows its soft and tapered so after you cut the hair (shaving) its now blunt and shorter so its standing up instead of laying down which makes it feel more coarse. Waxing removes the hair at the root....so it doesn't get cut...it grows back in tapered. It does make the hair grow back thinner lighter.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Threading is also a fast and effective way to remove hair, and skilled threaders should be able to remove even small fine facial hairs from the root.

You can try adding 1-2 drops of clary sage to a facial oil the day after threading and onwards (making sure to exfoliate), to help reduce hair regrowth.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I've been shaving my face for the last year. It all started when I got my womanly cycle back after 6 years of being pregnant/nursing. The fine white hairs on my face grew too long for comfort. I'm so glad that I did it and now I feel even better about it after hearing that I'm not alone. Smile My facial hair has not gotten thicker or darker at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Shaving is a bad deal even if it doesn't make your hair grow back in thicker/darker since you have to do it more often. I think waxing is best for upper lip area--I love Sally Hansen's cold wax strips. They're these little plastic strips that already have wax on them. You just heat them up (I press them against the radiator for a few seconds), then unpeel them and use them like a normal wax strip. They're small in size and are ideal for fine facial hair (not so good for body hair). It takes a few minutes and gets rid of everything in one go. I only have to do this about once a month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
Shaving is a bad deal even if it doesn't make your hair grow back in thicker/darker since you have to do it more often. I think waxing is best for upper lip area--I love Sally Hansen's cold wax strips. They're these little plastic strips that already have wax on them. You just heat them up (I press them against the radiator for a few seconds), then unpeel them and use them like a normal wax strip. They're small in size and are ideal for fine facial hair (not so good for body hair). It takes a few minutes and gets rid of everything in one go. I only have to do this about once a month.

Any pain when you do waxing Confused
volvogal

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I can't imagine shaving...wouldn't you get stubble? Try to learn how to thread! It might be tricky at first but it's so worth it!
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think more women shave than you think! I do my peach fuzz one time a week. It is easy and my skin looks great. My derm said that it will not grow back thicker and it's a great exfoliant. I started after my third baby! Very Happy
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for all the advices!

i was wondering... other than clary sage in facial oil... what can you apply to reduce hair growth? (asking this just cause i don't use a facial oil)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I heard that extra virgin olive oil reduces hair growth. It should be applied after waxing/sugaring/threading or when the hair removed from the root. Leave it for a couple of hours and wash it of, u can also use it as a moisturer for one week after the sugaring.

The best way to get rid of facial hair is laser or IPL. It will reduce your hair growth and you will be able to be hair free for longer periods.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
Nijey wrote:

Any pain when you do waxing Confused

Yep, there's always pain since you are technically ripping the hair out by the roots. But it lasts all of one second and there's no residual pain or redness (at least for me) as long as you apply something soothing directly afterwards. The kit I mentioned has some azulene oil included for that purpose, but I've found some aloe vera gel helps too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use the wax strips too, I think they are easy and work great.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I started YAG laser treatments 14 days ago at 150 each the hair is supposed to start falling out after 2 weeks,so far I still look like a werewolf Embarassed
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Veet for sensitive skin & have been contemplating using it by my hairline & upper lip for over a week. I got the idea of using a depilatory when I saw a presentation for Serious Skin Care's laser in a bottle product on qvc/hsn. I was tempted to order it, but when I looked up the reviews, there were alot of complaints of the product burning their facial skin. I think it's MUA that has pretty good reviews on the Veet sensitive. I have some peach fuzz that's probably imperceptible to most, but still bothers the heck out of me. Since it's a tolerable problem, I'd hate to do anything that would make the issue worse. I'm scared that my hair will grow in thicker or more often. I guess it really wouldn't be that big of a deal, just an additional step every few weeks or so in your beauty regimine to maintain a fuzz free face?? Does anyone know which method causes hair to grow back slower, waxing or using a depilatory? I think both are suppose to get the hair at the root.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm too chicken to get my facial hair (other than eyebrows) waxed professionally. I do a lot of plucking. Sad
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
My mother has used waxing and an epilator on her face. No hair has grown back thicker or darker.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I would NOT recommend shaving to get rid of facial hair, but highly recommend it for all the other benefits! I would wax your facial hair and once the growth has slowed or ceased, THEN start shaving your face to preserve your skin!!!! There is nothing you can do that is cheaper and easier that will slow the aging look of your face. I don't care what ANYONE says opposing this, I have seen the results in my own skin and other ladies who have practiced shaving regularly for years!
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl, why do you think this helps?
thanks
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I got same problem here. I really want to get rid of it but have no gut to try so. Anyway, the only thing I dare is bleaching. anyone tried the bleaching system by Sally Hansen? Does it work?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
It's in the exfoliation...here...read this article:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/7/prweb408926.htm
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I wondered about it for exfoliation!! (I do have soft firm legs! Very Happy
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
thanks for all the replies!

i'm so excited to try shaving my face on regular basis from now on... ........that sounded a lil' weird... but how often do you shave your face not for hair removal purposes but for exfoliation?

i wonder if shaving is going to help with my acne scar...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |