Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Free at last...from OILIES!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
At least for today!!!
I must say it is almost 8:30 pm, I left the house 12 hours ago and I'm STILL shine free!!!!
Not one touch up...I went in the bathroom a few times just to make sure because I couldn't believe what I was feeling, or rather what I WASN'T feeling.

Unbelievable...whatever I did today I'm sticking with it!

My routine:
Shower
I Feel Pretty BHA/AHA, wait 30 minutes
I Feel Pretty Antioxidant spray
CareKate's Pearl Cream
Let set for 5 minutes
THIS IS WHERE I CHANGED:
Decleor YY oil ONLY in T-zone
Spot treat with I Feel Pretty Healing serum
Let set for 10 minutes until it soaked in
Sofina Nuance Up (I keep forgetting this step, but not after today!)
And my newest addition:
Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted moisturizer (AMAZING!)
Dust Everyday Minerals in matte finish over LM
End with a dusting of CareKate Pearl Silk Dust

It seems like SOOOOO much to do, oy.
But I can't believe how natural, and NON-OILY I was ALL DAY!
Can you tell I'm excited? I've never had an entire 12 hours with no touch up, not even remotely close to needing one...

I just had to share. I'm hoping this keeps working!
I'll keep people posted...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooh, congratulations!..
I want to get to that point too.

What's is Sofina Nuance Up?

You do this in the morning? Maybe I can get out the Decleor YY just for the t-zone.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sofina Nuance Up is my sunscreen (TONS of raves on here!)

Yes...just in the morning. At night I just wash face and spot treat...I try to keep using my Decleor balms but I've gotten lazy. I use them every few days though...not last night however.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Paris--My skin is no longer oily either Paris, i also use sofina and decleor YY and carekate's version of it. my skin is actually on the dry side these days, but i am wondering if it's also the winter weather. i think i used to have oily skin in the winter time but i can't remember anymore.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Paris,

I followed your advice and I got I Feel Pretty and CareKate's stuff. Did not know about LM and the sunscreen, will have to try both.

Do you use LM as a make-up base?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I didn't load on the mineral makeup like I would if I were just wearing that. I dusted lightly over the LM tinted moisturizer, and then dusted the silk dust over that. I believe it was a combination of stuff...but I'm going to spend the next few weeks experimenting to see if I get the same effect. I did notice (before the LM) if I forgot my Sofina, I'd be a bit more oily than if I had remembered to put it on. I also think that the LM had a big part in it.

I've found that application of other products is much easier over the pearl creme if I dab my oil on. I'm very much in support of the idea that the pearl creme really needs to be next to the skin. My face got much clearer and brighter when I followed that (I had been putting on the oils first, then the creme). The oils were preventing the creme from working its magic!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Paris-I have been using carekates pearl cream, ifeelpretty antioxidant mist and the bha from ifeelpretty also. I noticed my skin is looking good these days along with the cps and emu.(i also use occasionally at night the rejuvenationg serum from ifeelpretty, the one for mature skin Confused ) I wasn't sure if it wasn't oily just because of the winter months, but maybe it really is some of these products.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've come to believe that it's a combination of stuff that helped me but the final "cherry on top of my sundae" was the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

I really think that THIS is what locked in the matte-y goodness for the whole day. I've been using it every day and every day (even this week...it's that time of the month for me!) I've NEVER had to blot. I kept wearing it last night just to see...I was still matte at 11p!

I even had a wee bit o' sweat walking around campus yesterday (it was cold in the morning, so I was a little overdressed for the afternoon...cheers to the desert) and I STILL STAYED MATTE. I walked into the restroom in the library expecting a shiny face...but it was not the case.

I'm going to wait a bit until I know for sure that LM won't break me out (only into it about a week). Then I'll review it in the LM thread.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I tried the LM oil-free tinted moisturizer I like the texture and the color but find it a lttle thick . I could feel that I was wearing something. So im not sure I will buy it because of that. But I was wondering Paris...if its a moisturizer I dont think is the cause of your "less oily" face.I order Ifeelpretty products a while ago , still did not receive my package but I can wait to try. I think I will use the BHA at night , because I like better to sleep a extra 30 min. in the morning... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Paris does the LM tinted moisturizer have silicones? If so that could explain why it helps.

I should start be saying that I would classify my skin as slightly oily but I have always hated how it would look shiny unless I used blotting papers several times a day. I have noticed that the SkinMedica C serum I use has a silicone base and between that and the Sofina Lucent sunscreen my face is never oily looking. I even sandwich two moisturizers between the C serum and the Sofina and still no shine!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried silicone-based products before and have never had as much luck. I don't consider LM to be a moisturizer because it's too thick, IMHO.

Here are the ingredients of the oil free
Quote:
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Water (Aqua), Disiloxane, PEG -30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. (May Contain +/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Paris. I also use Sophina Nuace Up (will never be without this gem) and am now 95% oil-free, as well. I don't even carry powder OR blotting papers anymore! That was unheard of prior to the Sophina. Smile These days, I just blot once in the afternoon or if I catch a glimpse in the mirror but I, too, am going 12 hours without touch ups or powder or shine. Whee for us!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Paris does the LM tinted moisturizer have silicones? If so that could explain why it helps.

I should start be saying that I would classify my skin as slightly oily but I have always hated how it would look shiny unless I used blotting papers several times a day. I have noticed that the SkinMedica C serum I use has a silicone base and between that and the Sofina Lucent sunscreen my face is never oily looking. I even sandwich two moisturizers between the C serum and the Sofina and still no shine!

I agree, those silicones do seem to cut down on oil production. Unfortunately the Skinmedica made my skin quite dry in just 4 days of use Sad
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Ohh that is just awesome! I totally share your excitement because a shiny forehead/face is just not attractive. Especially when it affects one's makeup.

So I am guessing the sunscreen does alot to mattify your skin?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
A SUNSCREEN !To help reduce the oil ! Hummm! Its a extra creamy texture, im not sure thats the product that help. Anyway let us know after a couples of days if it still work for you. I might try it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
A SUNSCREEN !To help reduce the oil ! Hummm! Its a extra creamy texture, im not sure thats the product that help. Anyway let us know after a couples of days if it still work for you. I might try it too.

Katya, it's not creamy (more liquidy) and yes, it is what is working on the oil - believe me - I am 40 and still used to breakout and have very, very oily skin up until I changed my skin care (helped some) and then my sunscreen to the Sophina. This is what I use every day to control oil. Without it, I will end up with some shine by midday - not terribly bad but now, I barely blot after 8 hours of wear!

I would not recommend this SS for dry-skinned ladies as it is very matte.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Paris...so how is it going with the oilies ???Its been more than a week now ! Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |