Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

In your opinion is a 25 yo guy too young?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm 32 and every guy I meet or am attracted to seems to be about 25. Embarassed

What do you think is too young?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure I read somewhere that the sexual peak for a woman is around 35, but for a man is about 19...so he may even be too old for you Laughing!
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that the sexual peak for a woman is around 35, but for a man is about 19...so he may even be too old for you Laughing!

I agree ! Very Happy
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:

I feel SOOOOO much better! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
When I was 32, I dated a guy of 25.

He was gorgous x 2000, and I was besotted. He had eyes like Paul Newman and .. oh well.. I was besotted!

The crunch came when we actually left the bedroom for long enough to go out for dinner with some friends of mine. Talk about a Fall to Earth... Confused

He was tongue tied and out of his depth, and I felt I was toting a toy.

This is far from being the case with ALL 25 year olds, it goes without saying... but still. Just my 2cents..
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
P.S.

I wouldnt have missed it for the world! Cool
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:

Whatever the law tells me is too young Very Happy .
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Chew toys can be fun!

catski wrote:
P.S.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
i've always liked my men older, just cuz women are more mature naturally.. but thats just me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Chew toys can be fun!

catski wrote:
P.S.

Laughing
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
No, of course not.

As you get older, you'll note that maturity is verrry individual. And as Life Experience tallies up, there are huge disparities in how "evolved" people can be. Age 35 is the Continental Divide. By then I think you either get it or you don't.

I know a 21, a 23, and a 27-year-old I'd happily have flings with. We flirt all the time. It thrills them that this ageless sophisticated woman is so sassy and familiar with them. They'd probably keel over if they knew my age. They just think I am the coolest woman at work (they have told me and others). Just imagine if I had MONEY, Embarassed too!

OTOH, I know a 52-year-old man who had arrested development at about age 14. Laughing

I know a woman in her 60s married to a man in his 30s. People always think they are mother and son. They're used to it. They are true soulmates and adore each other.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've always attracted and been attracted to younger men. I'm currently in a long term relationship with a guy 14 years younger than me and its the best relationship I've ever had Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
If he makes you happy, i say go for it!!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely don't think it's too young. My boyfriend is 10 years younger than me and it's worked out great! I didn't go out looking for someone younger, but it just happened and felt right. I think if you're attracted to someone and have enough in common, then why not? Smile
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really believe it is so much an individual thing... age really is just a number and I know so many people who defy the 'norm' (whatever that may be be). You can have young 25yr olds and you can have old 25yr olds. I know of one particular fiend who is dating a guy 11 years younger than her (he's 2Cool and he would put most men to shame when it comes to holding a conversation. He is witty, knowledgeable on a wide variety of subjects, fits in to here friendship group and is so attentive to my friend. So Anomaly, I say let the luvvvv flow girl!!! Very Happy
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
oops Embarassed he's not 2 ...he's 28!! Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
oops Embarassed he's not 2 ...

Now THAT would just be TOO young!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely agree with Sidda. I know a 46 year old man who is actually about 4 years old inside - you have NEVER seen a more whiney, cry-y, sniveling, snot-nosed BABY in your life! Completely unable to control his life, falling apart at the drop of a hat. Its digusting! My former roommate had just turned 20 (he's such a darling little dumpling!) when he came to live with me and is just the most together, smart, with-it guy for his age (or anyone's age, frankly) that I've EVER known.

When I was 27, I accidentally dated a guy who was 22. I say accidentally, because HE thought I was 21 or 22 (people have always thought I look a lot younger than I really am) and I thought HE was 27 or 28! When he told me how young he was, I got up from the table (he had made me a gourmet dinner at his place) and said "Well, its been really nice knowing you" and started to leave! He jumped up and barred the door with his body (and what a body it was! Drool) and made me sit down and talk to him about it. We had a long discussion about the age discrepany and agreed to continue dating. We ended up being together for about 2 years or so. He was so much more mature than I was!

And, if all else fails and you have nothing in common and nothing to talk about, just remember this: the young ones have excellent spring-back capacity! Wink
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
I'm 32 and every guy I meet or am attracted to seems to be about 25. Embarassed

Not at all! Don't let the age difference bother you if everything else works. Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Don't let the age difference bother you. As long as he makes you happy, then thats all it matters!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've never been interested in younger guys, it's always been older men that I was attracted to. But now I have the sweetest guy friend who is 6 years younger than me who I know is interested in me, and I've begun to rethink things. I have tried to convince myself that age is just a number but his age reflects where he is in his life and he still has so much to experience and learn and he isn't at the same stage in his life that I am. These factors count more to me than age so if I found a younger guy who was at the same place in his life then I was at then I would go for it. My advice is forget about the number whether greater or smaller than your own and look at the whole picture. If he can offer what you're looking for it then you have your answer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 43 and happily married to a 27 year old. I have always attracted younger men. Some are mature and some are not, same goes for older men. However if you are looking for a long term relationship you have to really know what both you and he want from life in the long term. That is where age differences really cause problems. For instance I have never wanted children and am getting to the age where it will soon be impossible anyway. Although my husband does not want children, and like me is an only child, who's to say in another 10 years he will feel the same way? Let's hope he does for both our sakes. Likewise a younger woman hooking up with an older man who already has a family and doesn't want more children.

For a short term relationship younger men are so much more fun to go out with, clubbing, more energy in bed etc. For a long term relationship there are more things to be considered than with a similar age relationship, simply because we do want different things at different stages in our life.

Food for thought.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Get me away from a soap box Silenced Silenced but if men can date and marry women decades younger than themselves then what is less than a decade?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I know several couples with the age difference of 7-11 years (women are older). They are together for many years, and very happy.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
I'm 43 and happily married to a 27 year old.

Well, then...now we know how you came up with your member name Wink Laughing

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |