Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recommendation fo 50+?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
My mum is over 50 and recently I found her skin care products were not that suit her..
(She's with estee lauder line and happy with its Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream)

She has a combination skin and has some age spots on cheeks...some wrinkles on the forehead..

I need some suggestions..which cleanser,toner,serum,day(night)cream/lotion will you recommend for her?

(Im particularly looking for function which can reduce the appearance of dark spots as well as anti-aging(lifting and firming)
Rolling Eyes

thanks in advance

Sharon
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Iris Oil and Balm are great for mature skin.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Iris Oil and Balm are great for mature skin.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the over-50 crowd and I'm still working out a good skincare regime--so many products, so little time! I would recommend a good Vitamin C serum for hyperpigmentation--I've been using CellularSkin-Rx for the past two years and it's helped a lot. You might want to add an AHA for exfoliation, a DMAE serum, and a retinoid as well. And the single most important thing-a very good, stable sunscreen.
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking about Decleor's line

my friends recommend Decleor Aromessence White Brightening Concentrate for reducing the appearance of spots?
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I'm in the over-50 crowd and I'm still working out a good skincare regime--so many products, so little time! I would recommend a good Vitamin C serum for hyperpigmentation--I've been using CellularSkin-Rx for the past two years and it's helped a lot. You might want to add an AHA for exfoliation, a DMAE serum, and a retinoid as well. And the single most important thing-a very good, stable sunscreen.

I might ask my mum to try a retinoid

about the vitamin c products, is Cellex-C/SkinCeuticals products effective as Ive heard lots of praise~

and sorry but whats dmae serum? Rolling Eyes
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm over 50, too and the product that has made the most difference for me is retin-A. I wouldn't be without it.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
SharonJ wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

I might ask my mum to try a retinoid

about the vitamin c products, is Cellex-C/SkinCeuticals products effective as Ive heard lots of praise~

and sorry but whats dmae serum? Rolling Eyes

Hi, Sharon, I answered this question recently so, I just cut and paste - "Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE) is an organic compound and a precursor to Choline. It has a lot of uses. But, our interest here is in its firming and lifting abilities, which are tremendous. It's been a "hot" active in the cosmetic industry for several years now." The effects of DMAE are cumulative so it's not just a temporary fix.

I've tried several Retin-A type products. My fave is PS (Pure Skin) Retinol Nite Repair, hands down. I agree that your mum should try a retinoid.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

I just got the Vivier C 10 with Kinetin and so far it hasn't irritated my face like the Cellex-C serum or firming cream did. I'm considering bumping up to the Vivier 20%. I let the C serum sink in and then put the Ice Elements Anti aging serum over it. I let both sink in than add a sunscreen. I'm going to be 50 in July.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am not so sure about the recommended Decleor products as they may be too heavy for combination skin. My suggestion would be Remergent and/or Valmont. If she wants to keep it simple then just start with Remergent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Retinoids, sunscreen and since she might want to feel like she's pampering herself, the Decleor rec's are great.
(My mom asked me what she could do as well, and she said my rec's weren't very glamorous.) Maybe not, but they get the job done.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |